OW build I've been playing with

Druitt.7629

Just throwing this out there...

A commonly recommended OW build is Acrobatics/Critical Strikes/Daredevil, with the alternative of swapping in Deadly Arts for Acrobatics. It appears to me that Acrobatics is mostly to give you more dodges to let you unleash Bounding Dodger more. I can't quite figure out why Deadly Arts, except for grabbing Executioner. I'm sure it's my own lack of understanding, but I wondered if Shadow Arts might not be a more fun trait line. (I've read that in PvP it's not so great, but this is OW PvE, so...) Here's what I've been trying out...

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PakAYVlFwuYYsG2JW2PbtaA-e

Concealing Restoration ends up giving 4 seconds of stealth on heal, and coupled with Hide in Shadows (3 seconds of stealth) this ends up giving 7 seconds of stealth on heal, every 24 seconds. This stealth is long enough that you can get multiple pulses of benefits: Leeching Venoms (3 stacks of Spider Venom) which I use, or Shadow's Rejuvination (healing and initiative), etc, and can be quite useful if you get into trouble and have to just run. It's long enough that I don't feel the need for Shadow Refuge, which means I can slot in a damage utility (Fist Flurry) instead.

Fist Flurry -> Palm Strike is a 2-second stun, Basilisk Venom gives multiple hits of Stone if you have allies nearby, so I can contribute to breakbars. (Also, stealing causes stealth via Hidden Thief, which places you right next to the target with Hook Strike available, which is a 2-second knockdown. This also breaks the bar, but is a nice opener in its own right.)

I'm still accumulating gear and mostly have store-bought Exotics in a Power-oriented build. Mostly use Staff, though I can swap to Shortbow when I need to stand off or tag lots of mobs that spawn far enough apart that Bounding isn't going to hack it.

The trick I'm still learning is how to use Bounding Dodger correctly. It can hit surprisingly hard in an AoE, but it has a small radius so if you're already in melee range of a group and you dodge, it's likely to take you far enough away that you don't hit anything. I guess I could use Debilitating Arc to dodge backwards, then dodge forwards, but I've been trying to learn to target a mob that standing out of melee range and use Weakening Charge to charge through the group towards the laggard, damaging along the way. Then dodge backwards and hit the group, and repeat. It damages multiple targets each direction, like a Saw-o-Death..

Cloaked Shadow blinds on stealth and also siphons life on blind, which means stealing and Hide in Shadows both siphon. (As does Infiltrator's Arrow, if you use it to end up near an enemy.)

Anyhow, I'm not an expert and the mantra around here is that you can OW without traits it's so trivial, but I'm feeling like this build hits pretty hard, has lots of health replenishment, carries its fair share of breakbar damage, and works up close or from afar. For your consideration.

I've never found Basilisk Venom for Daredevil the most useful, personally, Dagger Storm or Thieves Guild helps more when soloing things like bosses or mass pulling, or for the AoE deflect and damage. Bandit's Defense is a good defensive alternative especially for mass pulling mobs. Acrobatics is a good choice for Daredevil cause of the massive amounts of healing you can get from attacking, tied with your Signet of Malice, you're unkillable!

True, Basilisk is not really useful solo solo, it's mainly for OW bosses that have breakbars. (I've spent a lot of timein Bjora Marches around where the Boneskinner spawns and want to be ready for breakbar.) Dagger Storm has historically been my favorite elite. Defense and offense combined.

Also, using Hide In Shadows for healing has the disadvantage of a long cast time. And I forgot to mention that Dust Strike also siphons with Cloaked in Shadow.

But I'm going to try Signet of Malice to see if this build gets reasonable healing from it.

Otherwise you can use Channeled Vigor if you do run into trouble, toying with Signet of Malice now I find it's better in smaller pulls or generally weaker things.

I'm using this build from the Meta mostly, for something to refer to: https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Daredevil_-_Bounding_Staff , and I've so far had good results, atleast in full Marauder stats.