Reaper Minion Master

Visceroff.7038

Currently yes. I just started a Reaper Minion Master (never been fond of the minion concept myself which is why it took me so long to try it) for open world and story and it is faceroll easy compared to my other characters (mesmer, guardian, thief, warrior), which is pretty much what I've been looking for in a character, enjoy the story and open world with minimal frustration. I don't do dungeons/fractals/raids/any PvP, so I don't factor those in determining which classes are a good fit for me.

Not so sure how things will be after the upcoming balance patch as I'm still kinda learning the class so I only have a basic idea on how the changes will impact things, but the skill floor is very low to start with.

Reaper MM is like godmode for OW and Champs. I soloed all HoT HP Champs with it. Okay on the vampire one was a good chunk of luck involved ^^ But overall you are indistructable. With the coming patch the pets get some nice buffs imo, nothing what will carry you into fractals or raid as mm but a bunch of nice qql stuff for the ow. Even if you run into something really hard you can just swapp into Deathmagic+Bloodmagic and become a sustain god. Just stand in the back let the minions do their thing and use a staff/axe. That's not the most efficent way to play but who cares it's open world.

Thanks SunTzu, your comments on the upcoming patch are reassuring and cover the other thread I made asking about it.

Things were different when GW2 came out, unmarried, no kids, only thing I had to worry about was showing up for work on time so I could throw more time into a game and try "more challenging" classes. Now a days I have my 5 year old daughter hanging off one arm, my 18 month old screaming his head off, and the wife glaring at me to fire up the grill even though it's below freezing outside (yet so worth it for a nice juicy steak). So I just don't have the mindset I once had where moderate challenge is okay and I can just throw more time at it or wait for a group until I overcome the challenge, especially for OW / story mode.

> @"Yurika.2780" said:

> Thanks SunTzu, your comments on the upcoming patch are reassuring and cover the other thread I made asking about it.

>

> Things were different when GW2 came out, unmarried, no kids, only thing I had to worry about was showing up for work on time so I could throw more time into a game and try "more challenging" classes. Now a days I have my 5 year old daughter hanging off one arm, my 18 month old screaming his head off, and the wife glaring at me to fire up the grill even though it's below freezing outside (yet so worth it for a nice juicy steak). So I just don't have the mindset I once had where moderate challenge is okay and I can just throw more time at it or wait for a group until I overcome the challenge, especially for OW / story mode.

I just tell my wife, when gaming, im content. but my kids are 16 and 9 aka, "feed yourself age". that helps.