I give full support in favor of this upcoming update

JTGuevara.9018

I type these words clearly and with no ambiguity whatsoever. I'm for this new direction. After many months and years, powercreep has finally been begun to be addressed. pvp support in this game has gone down such a dark path, that I've switched to playing raids, being they're one of the only types of challenging content that's left to play, something I'm not that big of a fan of, by the way.

However, I'm glad to see that there people still out there who care enough to put out an update as big as this, who still care to support pvp. Consider this great feedback!

> @"JTGuevara.9018" said:

> I type these words clearly and with no ambiguity whatsoever. I'm for this new direction. After many months and years, powercreep has finally been begun to be addressed. pvp support in this game has gone down such a dark path, that I've switched to playing raids, being they're one of the only types of challenging content that's left to play, something I'm not that big of a fan of, by the way.

>

> However, I'm glad to see that there people still out there who care enough to put out an update as big as this, who still care to support pvp. Consider this great feedback!

also hyped here. I like these changes even more than an expantion tbh

I just don't really understand why they're directly modifying all the power coefficients instead of reworking things like boon stacking and how base damage algorithms work. That would be a lot more sensible, and it could help them improve the balance between PvE and PvP without relying so much on skill forking.

That said, in terms of breadth and scope of change - this is what's been needed for years. I hope it helps breathe new life into the game.

> @"Einlanzer.1627" said:

> I just don't really understand why they're directly modifying all the power coefficients instead of reworking things like boon stacking and how base damage algorithms work. That would be a lot more sensible, and it could help them improve the balance between PvE and PvP without relying so much on skill forking.

>

> That said, in terms of breadth and scope of change - this is what's been needed for years. I hope it helps breathe new life into the game.

From an aspiring programmer's view, it's a lot easier to simply change the numbers that the instructions put out instead of changing the instructions. I look at the situation like this, we have a working base damage algorithm. Is there a need to change it, is it required? It served us well over the years. There's a saying: "It if ain't broke, don't fix it!"

I get what you're saying though, it's just that changing the damage modifiers isn't so clear cut like changing the numbers.