Chicken Chaser Title & Bullying

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

> @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> When I play wvw, I've noticed that almost every person that has the chicken chaser title, is usually a roamer that almost exclusively chase down players who don't want to 1v1. They are also the same people who bully others in chat or send insulting pms to players from other servers. Usually they are also thieves or rangers.

>

> I feel like this title was designed to promote bullying in wvw and spvp. Where is the honor in fighting those that run away anyways?

War has no honor only death

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use this title because I thought it was funny, for myself and no one else. I don't care if anyone else sees it, friends or enemies. I don't pay attention to "serious" titles like xXShadowLoRd DoMinatoRXx or whatever. Only the silly ones catch my eye. In fact, I pay so little attention to titles, that I didn't even know you could see enemy titles until very recently.

> @thrdeye.1028 said:

> Under no circumstance is it "bullying" to attack an enemy player in a game mode based on doing just that. If your name is red you're fair game. There's no shortage of PvE for those who want it.

> @Przemyslaw.5891 said:

> > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > When I play wvw, I've noticed that almost every person that has the chicken chaser title, is usually a roamer that almost exclusively chase down players who don't want to 1v1. They are also the same people who bully others in chat or send insulting pms to players from other servers. Usually they are also thieves or rangers.

> >

> > I feel like this title was designed to promote bullying in wvw and spvp. Where is the honor in fighting those that run away anyways?

>

> So you run away from fair 1v1 fights in wvw cuz it's bullying? Maybe stop playing wvw then cuz it's not your cup of tea, as far as I noticed :P

The OP actually said:

> When I play wvw, I've noticed that almost every person that has the chicken chaser title, is usually a roamer that almost exclusively chase down players who don't want to 1v1. **_They are also the same people who bully others in chat_** or send insulting pms to players from other servers. Usually they are also thieves or rangers.

So he was talking about people bullying in chat, not bullying because they are 1v1ing.

And WvW isn't solely 1v1ing. I also hate 1v1 but I play WvW for the map PvP.

> @Djinn.9245 said:

> > @Junkpile.7439 said:

> > Just don't fight back. I just stand and let them kill me. It's not my job to entertain some coward who play cancer builds. :)

>

> Letting them kill you IS entertaining them whether you fight back or not.

Thanks for the free stacks, bag, and war score!

> @Turk.5460 said:

> > @Djinn.9245 said:

> > > @Junkpile.7439 said:

> > > Just don't fight back. I just stand and let them kill me. It's not my job to entertain some coward who play cancer builds. :)

> >

> > Letting them kill you IS entertaining them whether you fight back or not.

>

> Thanks for the free stacks, bag, and war score!

Exactly. And to all those criticizing why someone who doesn't want to 1v1 is roaming by themselves, how else are you supposed to get to the front where the fighting is currently happening? O.o

> When I play wvw, I've noticed that almost every person that has the chicken chaser title, is usually a roamer that almost exclusively chase down players who don't want to 1v1. They are also the same people who bully others in chat or send insulting pms to players from other servers. Usually they are also thieves or rangers.

>

> I feel like this title was designed to promote bullying in wvw and spvp. Where is the honor in fighting those that run away anyways?

"Bullying" doesn't mean what you seem to think it means. Attempting to kill an opponent in a game mode designed around fighting to the death over buildings and spaces being associated with bullying is irrational and unreasonable

> @ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

> Have a little humour. I can't tell you how many times I died and people did /laugh and jumped on my body etc.

>

> But so? They're just having fun, just getting into the competitive spirit. And I don't mind because normally there was a valid reason for my death, like I was ganked for example. It's frustrating sometimes but it's never a problem for me. It's just a game, it's all in good fun, they have every right to destroy me on sight and laugh about it after.

Theres also a concept of "Sportsman-like conduct", which has slowly been bleeding out of Competitive games and Professional sports alike. There is a very clear difference in domination and competition; and frankly very sad considering a simple polite gesture could easily 180 the context, yet very few people bother (or outright refuse) to do so. Defeat is a disparity is skill level and build competency (which exists by nature), but taunting is very much a cultural problem that wouldn't exist if there was real respect in the competition.

As a side note... Balthazar said "There is no honor in war". But there is honor in competition. Its one thing to enjoy a good fight... its another to mock a combatant.

Being bullied or offended in game doesnt matter a lick, people seem to be able to do or say whatever they want with little action against them.

Being offended on the forums built to discuss said game however is completely different, I guess I'm the only one that finds that ironic...

For argument sake however, let's look at the validity of this discussion, mainly roamers eh? Is this a roamer roamer or members of a 10/15/20 man roaming "havoc squad" :).

Assume for a minute were talking singular, isn't it safe to assume just as willingly as this lone roamer chases and taunts singular zerglings, he/she has been chased by entire zergs once twice maybe even there times (that night)? Who then is the chicken?

I look at class first than buffs. The only time I even notice anything else about a player is if I die a few times to them or, if something is odd about the fight (like players jumping over tower walls), I will look at the combat log or video (if I hit capture in time). I might look at title or maybe even rank if I'm bored, but could care less about either of those while fighting.

> @HazyDaisy.4107 said:

> Being bullied or offended in game doesnt matter a lick, people seem to be able to do or say whatever they want with little action against them.

>

> Being offended on the forums built to discuss said game however is completely different, I guess I'm the only one that finds that ironic...

>

> For argument sake however, let's look at the validity of this discussion, mainly roamers eh? Is this a roamer roamer or members of a 10/15/20 man roaming "havoc squad" :).

>

> Assume for a minute were talking singular, isn't it safe to assume just as willingly as this lone roamer chases and taunts singular zerglings, he/she has been chased by entire zergs once twice maybe even there times (that night)? Who then is the chicken?

I would have to say the zerg is the giant chicken in this case, feeling the need to devote 10+ people to chase a lone enemy.

Here is some logic:

1) Someone running from a 1v1 - It is valid and fair to call this person a chicken. Whether or not they are actually running in fear, or just running to get to another place is irrelevant. It is safe to assume equal skill level and equal terms. Mocking them in an attempt to get them to come back and face you is a long-practiced strategy.

2) Someone running from a 2v1, 3v1, etc (where they have the advantage of numbers) - See item 1.

3) Someone running from a 1v2, 1v5, 1v10, 1vBlob, etc (where they are the one who is outnumbered) - It is not valid or fair to call this person a chicken. There is no possibility of equal terms provided the assumption of equal skill levels.

Is it wrong that any of the above scenarios even happen? No, this is a PvP mode where each player has the right to choose how they feel they want to play. Blobbing, dueling, interrupting duels, roaming, or smelling the flowers are all valid forms of play.

> > @ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

> > This thread alone makes me want to venture into PvE just so i can get this title! Lol.

>

> judging by the nature of the responses on here from the community, I can see that my assessment of this title and what it represents is correct.

Not only are you correct, but I am LMAO at how many people are apparently incapable of reading what the OP actually says! Reading Comprehension failed...but that's par for the course on the internet.

Yeah, I hate when someone who is good at pvp chases me down in wvw when I am trying to rejoin tag or get to a destination. Some classes are flat out terrible solo and great in a zerg, therefore suited to WvW and not PvP. I'm a support character. I have no desire for 1v1, nor do I have to have any desire for 1v1, nor do I need to be good at 1v1, to play in a squad. Their desire to make me 1v1 them has no bearing whatsoever on that. Chicken? Lol. I have somewhere to go, they are interrupting my task. I don't owe them stopping to die and starting my run over.

BUT THAT SAID... one of the duties of roamers is to eliminate enemy roamers and keep respawns from getting back to tag. So if you are by yourself, you have a target on your head, and the only thing you can do is get craftier, more mobile, or run back with someone else. Killing you is a sound tactical decision that helps their server, no matter the personal motivations of the player who killed you. So oh, well. Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you.

EDIT; I have the Chicken Chaser title, but I run under Combat Medic, for obvious reasons. Chicken Chaser is pretty funny, though. Run it with the Chickenado mini.

> ...Where is the honor in fighting those that run away anyways?

Who cares? Unless you don't plan on finishing them - their death adds War Score, and potentially prevents them from obtaining war score for their team. Its almost as if the entire objective of this game mode is to get more points than the enemy! Fancy that.

> @diamondgirl.6315 said:

> ... one of the duties of roamers is to eliminate enemy roamers and keep respawns from getting back to tag. So if you are by yourself, you have a target on your head, and the only thing you can do is get craftier, more mobile, or run back with someone else. Killing you is a sound tactical decision that helps their server, no matter the personal motivations of the player who killed you. So oh, well. Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you.

>

I'd even say it simpler. If its red, its dead.

You step out of the safety of spawn, everyone is fair game (though the confrontations themselves may not be 'fair').