Things I think while trying the Whisper of Jormag strike

Fenom.9457

1. This is way too hard. I've had pretty bad luck with raiding group toxicity and elitism that has turned me away so I don't try to raid all that much, but I've killed somewhere over 15 raid bosses before, and most of them were considerably easier than this fight.

2. The chains are a very tricky and punishing mechanic. The 5th strike ever is much too soon to introduce such challenges. I've raided before and have played the game for years and it makes me mad. A new player would likely give up completely on strikes and raids because of crap like this.

3. The final phase is just eye cancer, there's little to no skill involved in avoiding it all since you can't actually see. It's just luck, and it's set up so succeeding is rare.

4. Even after weeks, this is STILL BUGGED. I finally had a run that looked like we'd get it and he just disappeared.

5. Strikes need their own currency like raids. At least when a raid boss wipes you get 2 magnetite shards or gaeting crystals or whatever, so your time feels at least marginally valuable and that you are progressing in any way whatsoever. Here, it's all or nothing, you have to win to get anything. Of course, having a currency would ideally make strikes like raids (which is the point anyway, isn't it?) in that you can get the unique rewards as drops or buy them with some patience and saving currency

6. People would probably appreciate strike achievements being in their own category. I for one was very hyped to see the Far Shiverpeaks and feeling extra motivated to complete every icebrood saga achievement. But with stuff like never letting a torch die on boneskinner or never getting hit by the icicle drop from the whisper, that's very unlikely. But at the very least those could be in their own place, so we can still get completion on each episode without raiding difficulty achievements inside.

I've been raiding alot recently and yesterday I had a chance to do the whispers strike... I think it was my second clear.

For one this boss is very difficult if the team or even one person does not know what to do. The chains require you to stay still not move left n right it will kill allies quickly.

Needs a good composition of classes like raids. Cant have all dps, preferably with the meta builds not ur average pve open world build.

Your third point was what our group had issues with... a visual mess. When whispers gets down to 20-15% it is so hard to see what the heck is going on lol. Blinding lights...

> @"DoRi Silvia.4159" said:

> I've been raiding alot recently and yesterday I had a chance to do the whispers strike... I think it was my second clear.

>

> For one this boss is very difficult if the team or even one person does not know what to do. The chains require you to stay still not move left n right it will kill allies quickly.

>

> Needs a good composition of classes like raids. Cant have all dps, preferably with the meta builds not ur average pve open world build.

>

> Your third point was what our group had issues with... a visual mess. When whispers gets down to 20-15% it is so hard to see what the heck is going on lol. Blinding lights...

The thing is though, strikes are supposed to be a work up to raids, right? why is one so challenging the fifth strike mission added? it doesnt make sense. The leap between Whispers and the last 3 is huge.

The achievement "Whisper Boxing" (Successfully Evaded the Whisper of Jormag's Rimebreath and Icicle Attacks) is not a strike mission achievement. Yes it is the Whisper of Jormag fight but it is the one in the last part of the story.

The achievements for the strike mission Whisper of Jormag are "Vortex, Interrupted" (Interrupted the Whisper of Jormag's Frigid Vortex 5 Times in One Encounter, aka his breakbar 5x), "Slither-less" (Complete the Whisper of Jormag Strike Mission without triggering Slithering Rime explosions, aka don't touch the balls that appear after 20% boss hp), "Reflections in the Ice" (Defeated Your Frozen Clone within 10 Seconds, aka defeat your clone) and "Legendary Whisper of Jormag" (Defeat the Whisper of Jormag in the Strike Mission).

This boss is challenging but once you know how it works it gets easier. Its exactly the same fight as in story for the most of it. Just make sure that at 20% hp left on boss you go ranged dps and do not stand in balls (theres telegraphs before those launch).

Is it truly so difficult, it's comparable to raids?

I've never done raids before (well, after a couple of epic failures after Vale Guardian was added to the game), but I'm quite interested in them nevertheless. Always expected them to be far out of my skill level though, and finding a group to learn them with has been too much of a hassle thanks to my irregular gaming times. Let me tell you, a three-shift work and a long-distance relationship make it impossible to attend literally anything regularly.

But after figuring out the strategy for the Whisper, the groups I've attended haven't failed a single run, despite there having been people who were new to it. A simple explanation of what is to come and what to keep an eye for, making sure at least a portion of the people are playing with team support focused builds, and everything goes smoothly!

Are the Strike Missions actually doing their job? If so, I'm even more grateful for them, than I was before!

Anyhow, your point numer 5, about a strike mission currency, the like of raid currencies, was a very good one.

> @"Fundor.2098" said:

> Is it truly so difficult, it's comparable to raids?

> I've never done raids before (well, after a couple of epic failures after Vale Guardian was added to the game), but I'm quite interested in them nevertheless. Always expected them to be far out of my skill level though, and finding a group to learn them with has been too much of a hassle thanks to my irregular gaming times. Let me tell you, a three-shift work and a long-distance relationship make it impossible to attend literally anything regularly.

> But after figuring out the strategy for the Whisper, the groups I've attended haven't failed a single run, despite there having been people who were new to it. A simple explanation of what is to come and what to keep an eye for, making sure at least a portion of the people are playing with team support focused builds, and everything goes smoothly!

>

> Are the Strike Missions actually doing their job? If so, I'm even more grateful for them, than I was before!

>

> Anyhow, your point numer 5, about a strike mission currency, the like of raid currencies, was a very good one.

Aside from Grothmar I think the rest are pretty challenging, but it depends on whether you're going in with a group that has a comp designed for it. I haven't really bothered with them because the rewards aren't there for them, and without the neat immersive environment that raids provide there really isn't anything that interests me about them. But difficulty wise I think they're probably comparable to the few bosses I've killed in raids. It also feels like the area you fight in is much smaller than most of the raid bosses I've fought. So you have all of these markers and visual effects in a smaller area that makes it a little difficult sometimes to know how to position yourself.

I'm sure with plenty of practice it could be better. The one whipsers kill I got I did in a group with three druids, me being one of them, so there were so many heals that people didn't die off as quickly. It can still get pretty messy though.

I don't think the public version of Strike missions are ever successful though, outside of Grothmar. You really do need a decent comp of people running builds designed for the content, instead of whatever people run in open world. I.e. Whatever builds people are using against Drakkar that they hit like wet noodles and the timer runs out!

> @"Fenom.9457" said:

> 1. This is way too hard. I've had pretty bad luck with raiding group toxicity and elitism that has turned me away so I don't try to raid all that much, but I've killed somewhere over 15 raid bosses before, and most of them were considerably easier than this fight.

>

Gotta hard disagree with this one. I started raiding half a year ago so my exp as a new raider is still fresh. The first LFG group that I joined for Whisper was able to beat it after less than 5 tries. There were a mix of raiders and nonraiders. We just communicated what needs to be done and what mechanics to watch out for after each failed attempt. Every LFG group that I have joined since then have been able to beat Whispers in less than 5 tries. Yes we had nonraiders who were doing less dps than the heal druid. On the other hand, I can't say the same for raids... even when the LFG for a raid boss clearly asks for experienced raiders, there will be times where the squad cannot overcome the encounter and eventually disband. This Whisper strike is still easier than any raid boss that I have fought.

> 2. The chains are a very tricky and punishing mechanic. The 5th strike ever is much too soon to introduce such challenges. I've raided before and have played the game for years and it makes me mad. A new player would likely give up completely on strikes and raids because of kitten like this.

>

There will be a symbol above your character's head telling you that you will get the chain in a few sec. Then you just gotta step back and not move so others can see the chain and not move into them. You can even see the symbols on others as well before they get the chain. Not that tricky imo.

> 3. The final phase is just eye cancer, there's little to no skill involved in avoiding it all since you can't actually see. It's just luck, and it's set up so succeeding is rare.

>

This one I partially agree with. The thing to do in the final phase is just range the boss and not touch the orb. Spreading out will make it safer too and it might be worth it to ignore the green mechanics here and just rez anyone who got downed from it.

> 4. Even after weeks, this is STILL BUGGED. I finally had a run that looked like we'd get it and he just disappeared.

>

Agree with this. It bugged for me as well near the end.

> 5. Strikes need their own currency like raids. At least when a raid boss wipes you get 2 magnetite shards or gaeting crystals or whatever, so your time feels at least marginally valuable and that you are progressing in any way whatsoever. Here, it's all or nothing, you have to win to get anything. Of course, having a currency would ideally make strikes like raids (which is the point anyway, isn't it?) in that you can get the unique rewards as drops or buy them with some patience and saving currency

>

Pity ice crystal shards would be nice.

> 6. People would probably appreciate strike achievements being in their own category. I for one was very hyped to see the Far Shiverpeaks and feeling extra motivated to complete every icebrood saga achievement. But with stuff like never letting a torch die on boneskinner or never getting hit by the icicle drop from the whisper, that's very unlikely. But at the very least those could be in their own place, so we can still get completion on each episode without raiding difficulty achievements inside.

If the goal is to get more people into the raid scene, then I think putting the achievements there is the right choice.

> @"Fenom.9457" said:

> 1. This is way too hard. I've had pretty bad luck with raiding group toxicity and elitism that has turned me away so I don't try to raid all that much, but I've killed somewhere over 15 raid bosses before, and most of them were considerably easier than this fight.

The average skill level of Strike Groups is considerable lower than the average skill level of Raids Groups, making the Strike appear significantly harder than it actually is. With a comparable group this Strike is still considerably easier than Raids, although it is slowly getting there.

If you are struggling with toxicity, consider making your own group and setting the tone you want yourself, potentially kicking non-compliant players to maintain the positive experience you wish to see.

For Raids especially, trying to form a static group of like minded (to be) friends is highly recommended.

> 2. The chains are a very tricky and punishing mechanic. The 5th strike ever is much too soon to introduce such challenges. I've raided before and have played the game for years and it makes me mad. A new player would likely give up completely on strikes and raids because of kitten like this.

The chains are indeed the one mechanic to watch out for, which is imo a good thing.

Communication and coordination is key for harder endgame content and having a Strike with at least one single challenging mechanic requiring such to start out with is actually pretty good design, as it teaches players to learn and then communicate about it, as well as practicing strategies to work around it. After you teach new players to not stack center hitbox and to have the chains stand to the opposite side of the group (or to at least stand still), which isn't all that intricate or difficult, there are really not many ways to fail this fight.

One mechanic to watch out for isn't asking that much, and it's fun and rewarding to see new players catching on and improving after some instructions.

> 3. The final phase is just eye cancer, there's little to no skill involved in avoiding it all since you can't actually see. It's just luck, and it's set up so succeeding is rare.

While I agree that the last phase is a bit visually overloaded, I think in general it teaches an important lesson for Raids, and that is not to panic.

What you often see in this phase is everybody going into what I call "headless chicken mode", which is lethal for any Raid squad as soon as something goes wrong or get's overwhelming.

This part of the fight teaches the important lesson of keeping calm and collected, as well as once again to communicate and coordinate.

Keeping semi stacked with the supports in this phase so they can do their job and to burst down the boss instead of spreading out completely in panic mode just to wipe is paramount and an important lesson to teach.

> 4. Even after weeks, this is STILL BUGGED. I finally had a run that looked like we'd get it and he just disappeared.

While is is annoying, I have found this bug to be the result of a Revenant using sword 3 on the clone phase, causing the teleportation back to the platform to bug out, and with that the boss. That can easily be communicated beforehand to be avoided.

> 5. Strikes need their own currency like raids. At least when a raid boss wipes you get 2 magnetite shards or gaeting crystals or whatever, so your time feels at least marginally valuable and that you are progressing in any way whatsoever. Here, it's all or nothing, you have to win to get anything. Of course, having a currency would ideally make strikes like raids (which is the point anyway, isn't it?) in that you can get the unique rewards as drops or buy them with some patience and saving currency

Absolutely agree here. Strikes need some sort of progressive reward system to encourage people to keep trying and to stick with it, not just some one off RNG loot you may or, usually, may not get.

A Token system with some nice rewards to buy with is a great way of doing so.

> 6. People would probably appreciate strike achievements being in their own category. I for one was very hyped to see the Far Shiverpeaks and feeling extra motivated to complete every icebrood saga achievement. But with stuff like never letting a torch die on boneskinner or never getting hit by the icicle drop from the whisper, that's very unlikely. But at the very least those could be in their own place, so we can still get completion on each episode without raiding difficulty achievements inside.

I disagree. Anet needs to stop locking away any sort of semi challenging content in some bottom drawer, only to be sought out by those who already know it's their cup of tea.

Having these non-isolated Achievements as (still pretty poor) incentive to at least try them out is important motivation the game needs more of, not less.

I thought Raids would never be for me years back and was pretty intimidated by them, but eventually, after over a year of avoiding them like the plague, decided to find a training group to at least get one boss done, since back then you couldn't earn experience unless you had all masteries, including the Raid ones (which I hated at that time), which I wanted to finally complete (an incentive which has been removed since).

This lead me to finding the best group of people to play the game with together weekly for years, having the best time with GW2 I've ever had, playing far superior and much more fun and engaging content and accomplishing goals such as getting all legendary Armors, which I thought I would never get a single one of, which I would have never experienced if I hadn't given it a chance after getting heavily incentivized to do so by the game.

> @"Asum.4960" said:

>

> > 4. Even after weeks, this is STILL BUGGED. I finally had a run that looked like we'd get it and he just disappeared.

>

> While is is annoying, I have found this bug to be the result of a Revenant using sword 3 on the clone phase, causing the teleportation back to the platform to bug out, and with that the boss. That can easily be communicated beforehand to be avoided.

>

My group had no revenent in it and the boss still bugged out.

> @"Asum.4960" said:

> Having these non-isolated Achievements as (still pretty poor) incentive to at least try them out is important motivation the game needs more of, not less.

> I thought Raids would never be for me years back and was pretty intimidated by them, but eventually, after over a year of avoiding them like the plague, decided to find a training group to at least get one boss done, since back then you couldn't earn experience unless you had all masteries, including the Raid ones (which I hated at that time), which I wanted to finally complete (an incentive which has been removed since).

Just a note: as someone who doesnt like instanced content in this game(not hard, or challenging content, but instanced content which for some reason is where they put all the hard content.) Thrown in my face like they did with the meta for this release doenst make me want to try it out, i already know i dont like it. It makes me do it, but i dont enjoy doing it, and i really dont try while in the content. It ruins everyones enjoyment to have a player like me in the group.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Asum.4960" said:

>

> >

> > > 4. Even after weeks, this is STILL BUGGED. I finally had a run that looked like we'd get it and he just disappeared.

> >

> > While is is annoying, I have found this bug to be the result of a Revenant using sword 3 on the clone phase, causing the teleportation back to the platform to bug out, and with that the boss. That can easily be communicated beforehand to be avoided.

> >

>

> My group had no revenent in it and the boss still bugged out.

Interesting. Where you able to determine what caused the bug for your groups then? Some other timed evade/target break/transform preventing the teleportation back from the clone?

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Asum.4960" said:

>

> > Having these non-isolated Achievements as (still pretty poor) incentive to at least try them out is important motivation the game needs more of, not less.

> > I thought Raids would never be for me years back and was pretty intimidated by them, but eventually, after over a year of avoiding them like the plague, decided to find a training group to at least get one boss done, since back then you couldn't earn experience unless you had all masteries, including the Raid ones (which I hated at that time), which I wanted to finally complete (an incentive which has been removed since).

>

>

> Just a note: as someone who doesnt like instanced content in this game(not hard, or challenging content, but instanced content which for some reason is where they put all the hard content.) Thrown in my face like they did with the meta for this release doenst make me want to try it out, i already know i dont like it. It makes me do it, but i dont enjoy doing it, and i really dont try while in the content. It ruins everyones enjoyment to have a player like me in the group.

That will, unfortunately, always be the case for some people and of course opinions on if those inconveniences of some players are worth it to get more players into more varied and engaging content and to discover a whole new enjoyment in the game will vary.

But those inconveniences will always be there for different kinds of players. Just as other more hardcore players groan at being "forced" to do mindless open world events 20 times to get some meta achievement (or to run around for hours/days pressing F on things to get some mount when they just want to have fun raiding), so more casual players will groan at having to do some strikes or raids.

I just don't think it's healthy for the game and long term player engagement to separate everything and lock different kinds of content away in it's own niche without crossovers to encourage players to seek out new experiences, rather than to slowly burn out in some small comfortable niche.

As for why challenging content is generally instanced, that's just because in the open world any sort of high profile encounter get's zerged down, and with how many player effects are floating around there and the dipping framerates making skillful play nigh impossible, it's just not properly feasible to create compelling content in that format, imo.

> @"Asum.4960" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > @"Asum.4960" said:

> >

> > >

> > > > 4. Even after weeks, this is STILL BUGGED. I finally had a run that looked like we'd get it and he just disappeared.

> > >

> > > While is is annoying, I have found this bug to be the result of a Revenant using sword 3 on the clone phase, causing the teleportation back to the platform to bug out, and with that the boss. That can easily be communicated beforehand to be avoided.

> > >

> >

> > My group had no revenent in it and the boss still bugged out.

>

> Interesting. Where you able to determine what caused the bug for your groups then? Some other timed evade/target break/transform preventing the teleportation back from the clone?

Saddly no, my group quit after the first time it broke. Shame too because we where probably gonna beat it :(

>

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > @"Asum.4960" said:

> >

> > > Having these non-isolated Achievements as (still pretty poor) incentive to at least try them out is important motivation the game needs more of, not less.

> > > I thought Raids would never be for me years back and was pretty intimidated by them, but eventually, after over a year of avoiding them like the plague, decided to find a training group to at least get one boss done, since back then you couldn't earn experience unless you had all masteries, including the Raid ones (which I hated at that time), which I wanted to finally complete (an incentive which has been removed since).

> >

> >

> > Just a note: as someone who doesnt like instanced content in this game(not hard, or challenging content, but instanced content which for some reason is where they put all the hard content.) Thrown in my face like they did with the meta for this release doenst make me want to try it out, i already know i dont like it. It makes me do it, but i dont enjoy doing it, and i really dont try while in the content. It ruins everyones enjoyment to have a player like me in the group.

>

> That will, unfortunately, always be the case for some people and of course opinions on if those inconveniences of some players are worth it to get more players into more varied and engaging content and to discover a whole new enjoyment in the game will vary.

> But those inconveniences will always be there for different kinds of players. Just as other more hardcore players groan at being "forced" to do mindless open world events 20 times to get some meta achievement (or to run around for hours/days pressing F on things to get some mount when they just want to have fun raiding), so more casual players will groan at having to do some strikes or raids.

>

> I just don't think it's healthy for the game and long term player engagement to separate everything and lock different kinds of content away in it's own niche without crossovers to encourage players to seek out new experiences, rather than to slowly burn out in some small comfortable niche.

>

> As for why challenging content is generally instanced, that's just because in the open world any sort of high profile encounter get's zerged down, and with how many player effects are floating around there and the dipping framerates making skillful play nigh impossible, it's just not properly feasible to create compelling content in that format, imo.

IMO, they should have harder content in the open world, and while yes it may get zerged down(while the content is new and people are playing), eventually players will move on and content that was seen as laughably easy becomes hard. The Fire Shaman event in Fireheart is a good example, once zerged down at release i did the event a few weeks ago and had one person show up to assist, took us awhile and we had to work together pretty closely to finally kill the thing.

There is a work around in this case for the meta. In this case(and im assuming moving forward), they take the full number of strike achievements earn-able(i think its 20?)and make that the max required for the meta. Players who wanna do nothing but strikes can finish the meta that way, players who wanna do nothing but story can earn it that way and players who do both can mix n match and get it through both parts. Also, why dont they have achievements for getting gold and silver in strikes?

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Asum.4960" said:

> > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > @"Asum.4960" said:

> > >

> > > >

> > > > > 4. Even after weeks, this is STILL BUGGED. I finally had a run that looked like we'd get it and he just disappeared.

> > > >

> > > > While is is annoying, I have found this bug to be the result of a Revenant using sword 3 on the clone phase, causing the teleportation back to the platform to bug out, and with that the boss. That can easily be communicated beforehand to be avoided.

> > > >

> > >

> > > My group had no revenent in it and the boss still bugged out.

> >

> > Interesting. Where you able to determine what caused the bug for your groups then? Some other timed evade/target break/transform preventing the teleportation back from the clone?

>

> Saddly no, my group quit after the first time it broke. Shame too because we where probably gonna beat it :(

Yea, that's a shame. Happened to me a few times as well and it can be pretty frustrating to have to reform a group and wait around again. People just give up way too quickly too. Let's hope for a fix soon, whatever may cause it. Not using any fancy skills in the clone phase and just bursting it quickly with direct attacks seems to prevent it though, but that may just be coincidence then.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > @"Asum.4960" said:

> > >

> > > > Having these non-isolated Achievements as (still pretty poor) incentive to at least try them out is important motivation the game needs more of, not less.

> > > > I thought Raids would never be for me years back and was pretty intimidated by them, but eventually, after over a year of avoiding them like the plague, decided to find a training group to at least get one boss done, since back then you couldn't earn experience unless you had all masteries, including the Raid ones (which I hated at that time), which I wanted to finally complete (an incentive which has been removed since).

> > >

> > >

> > > Just a note: as someone who doesnt like instanced content in this game(not hard, or challenging content, but instanced content which for some reason is where they put all the hard content.) Thrown in my face like they did with the meta for this release doenst make me want to try it out, i already know i dont like it. It makes me do it, but i dont enjoy doing it, and i really dont try while in the content. It ruins everyones enjoyment to have a player like me in the group.

> >

> > That will, unfortunately, always be the case for some people and of course opinions on if those inconveniences of some players are worth it to get more players into more varied and engaging content and to discover a whole new enjoyment in the game will vary.

> > But those inconveniences will always be there for different kinds of players. Just as other more hardcore players groan at being "forced" to do mindless open world events 20 times to get some meta achievement (or to run around for hours/days pressing F on things to get some mount when they just want to have fun raiding), so more casual players will groan at having to do some strikes or raids.

> >

> > I just don't think it's healthy for the game and long term player engagement to separate everything and lock different kinds of content away in it's own niche without crossovers to encourage players to seek out new experiences, rather than to slowly burn out in some small comfortable niche.

> >

> > As for why challenging content is generally instanced, that's just because in the open world any sort of high profile encounter get's zerged down, and with how many player effects are floating around there and the dipping framerates making skillful play nigh impossible, it's just not properly feasible to create compelling content in that format, imo.

>

> IMO, they should have harder content in the open world, and while yes it may get zerged down(while the content is new and people are playing), eventually players will move on and content that was seen as laughably easy becomes hard. The Fire Shaman event in Fireheart is a good example, once zerged down at release i did the event a few weeks ago and had one person show up to assist, took us awhile and we had to work together pretty closely to finally kill the thing.

>

> There is a work around in this case for the meta. In this case(and im assuming moving forward), they take the full number of strike achievements earn-able(i think its 20?)and make that the max required for the meta. Players who wanna do nothing but strikes can finish the meta that way, players who wanna do nothing but story can earn it that way and players who do both can mix n match and get it through both parts. Also, why dont they have achievements for getting gold and silver in strikes?

I agree, the open world ironically becomes a lot more engaging and fun the less players are around. Group events especially can actually be quite fun to do with 2-5 decent players, rather than just being part of some meaningless 10 FPS auto attack zerg.

Providing enough achievements (or setting the total goal low enough) is indeed an option to cater to everybody, although I would still suggest making it not quite enough to do just one thing, and having players breach their barriers to explore different content, to at least get some relatively easy achievements done in content they might normally not consider doing otherwise.

I think that's healthier for the game, even if it frustrates me at times as well to engage with content I'm categorically not interested in. Sometimes it leads to interesting experiences.

> @"Aaralyna.3104" said:

> The achievement "Whisper Boxing" (Successfully Evaded the Whisper of Jormag's Rimebreath and Icicle Attacks) is not a strike mission achievement. Yes it is the Whisper of Jormag fight but it is the one in the last part of the story.

>

> The achievements for the strike mission Whisper of Jormag are "Vortex, Interrupted" (Interrupted the Whisper of Jormag's Frigid Vortex 5 Times in One Encounter, aka his breakbar 5x), "Slither-less" (Complete the Whisper of Jormag Strike Mission without triggering Slithering Rime explosions, aka don't touch the balls that appear after 20% boss hp), "Reflections in the Ice" (Defeated Your Frozen Clone within 10 Seconds, aka defeat your clone) and "Legendary Whisper of Jormag" (Defeat the Whisper of Jormag in the Strike Mission).

>

> This boss is challenging but once you know how it works it gets easier. Its exactly the same fight as in story for the most of it. Just make sure that at 20% hp left on boss you go ranged dps and do not stand in balls (theres telegraphs before those launch).

Ah, I didn’t know that about the achievement. But that just proves my point that these should be in their own category. Or if not that, when there’s the same boss in the story and strike, clearly communicate which achievement is for which

> @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > @"Aaralyna.3104" said:

> > The achievement "Whisper Boxing" (Successfully Evaded the Whisper of Jormag's Rimebreath and Icicle Attacks) is not a strike mission achievement. Yes it is the Whisper of Jormag fight but it is the one in the last part of the story.

> >

> > The achievements for the strike mission Whisper of Jormag are "Vortex, Interrupted" (Interrupted the Whisper of Jormag's Frigid Vortex 5 Times in One Encounter, aka his breakbar 5x), "Slither-less" (Complete the Whisper of Jormag Strike Mission without triggering Slithering Rime explosions, aka don't touch the balls that appear after 20% boss hp), "Reflections in the Ice" (Defeated Your Frozen Clone within 10 Seconds, aka defeat your clone) and "Legendary Whisper of Jormag" (Defeat the Whisper of Jormag in the Strike Mission).

> >

> > This boss is challenging but once you know how it works it gets easier. Its exactly the same fight as in story for the most of it. Just make sure that at 20% hp left on boss you go ranged dps and do not stand in balls (theres telegraphs before those launch).

>

>

> Ah, I didn’t know that about the achievement. But that just proves my point that these should be in their own category. Or if not that, when there’s the same boss in the story and strike, clearly communicate which achievement is for which

I agree they could have stated that bit was during story part (or be consistent and tell for the achievements which is a strike mission as they did it with a couple of achievements). But then again, I think also the Boneskinner achieves could have been described better if its meta boss or strike.

> @"whoeverxwins.1279" said:

> Something I really wish GW2 had is an in game voice chat. LOTRO does, and while some still use Discord, it makes it very easy to group up (PUGS especially) and be able to coordinate in Battles and raids.

That would be really interesting! I have discord but I don’t use it much for GW2. I can’t place it but something seems weird about using a third party tool to talk to people in the game? I personally don’t need to speak but it’d be nice

I don't think that a lot of players would use in game voice chat. The ones joining fast things won't (they prefer to avoid any communication in general, already by typing). Organised runs do sometimes use discord or equivalent which works fine. I have played an mmo with a built in voice chat but truth be told nobody used it. Everyone went to the superior teamspeak or discord and the company closed down their voice service in game. They also cannot monitor it in game which means it can be abused to bully/be toxic/and things against their tos.

I guess it may be easier to just start a discord page where everyone that does grouped content in gw could join and make their own temporary groups for group content in game. There are discord pages with raid training teams etc....

Fairly easy boss, untill it hits below 25%(?). **Slithering Rime Explosions orbs** phase, its a total mess from there. The skill is blinding, especially for those in melee range/closer towards the boss. To add, multiple skill/mechanics can happen during the channeling attack. The overlapping effects makes it impossible to see(chain/ice shards/ice aoe/green bomb). Plus the orbs doesn't seem to have a specific pattern (got trapped in a formation with no escape; dodge triggers explosion, few times). Standing at the ledge doesn't help much or at all.