New Trait - Eternal Life

Rickster.8752

> @"Brujeria.7536" said:

> It feels good because its the only reliable way to get lifeforce at a reasonable speed. This doenst really mean that the trait is good by itself, it just further showes why the current concept on how to gain lifeforce is bad in the first place..

The effect should probably be baseline for necros tbh

> @"Rickster.8752" said:

> > @"Brujeria.7536" said:

> > It feels good because its the only reliable way to get lifeforce at a reasonable speed. This doenst really mean that the trait is good by itself, it just further showes why the current concept on how to gain lifeforce is bad in the first place..

>

> The effect should probably be baseline for necros tbh

Well even better causing damage or conditions should just always create lifeforce. In the current situation the class mechanic is gated between

1. The cooldown of the few individual skills that create lifeforce

2. The cooldown of shroud

3. The cooldown of the skills in shroud.

Furthermore you also need to actually hit with these selected few skills, On top shroud decays very fast and its also very unflexible and boring. At this state we have so many traits that influence life force gain and shroud in general to make it work while not adding anything meaningful that it gets comical.

Compare this to lets say adrenalin. Most warrior traits make these skills better, adding effects and rewards for spending it and not enabling this class mechanic in the first place. Same goes for Rev, they dont need traits to increase their energy gain or management, they get traits that reward them for using it. Of course a trait like this seems great because it simply creates your class resource with no big problems, like all other profession mechanics work without traits.

I like this trait. And it will be especially useful for heal scourge if you're looking to go the plaguedoctor dps route by equipping scepter instead of dagger. In PvP, with core necro, I am definitely more tanky, even when using a Wizard amulet but with CCs being much longer, that tankiness kinda goes down the drain. In 2v2 I was being focused by both of the opposing team (naturally, necro afterall) and even while in shroud with full LF and Health, a thief and reaper CC chained me to oblivion every single time. And while I have 1 stun break, I could have blown all available stun breaks on core and still be CCed to hell and back. Granted I need to adjust to the new pvp format, but I have a horrible feeling that this is going to develop into the CC meta: whoever has the most CC wins.

Edit: Forgot that PD dps heal scourge doesn't take Soul Reaping.

This is the missing useful soul reaping gm trait for healing scourge. I tried mashing buttons on cooldown as hard as I could. It is impossible to run out of life force with the healing meta build and that trait. It's ridiculous and I sense a nerf for scourge to 1 or 2% life force generation out of shroud or the threshold is lowered to 50% in pve (I'd prefer the latter).

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSwEYCNssBGEDkpxMxU/S7VB-zxIYwo+vMSsqqOV15kEK/B-e

Yes, my Reaper is enjoying this new Eternal Life trait in WvW. :smile:

It's nice having 20% LF constantly replenished and available to help get me out of a jam or to quickly go Shroud and Death-Charge slam into an enemy player that's got one _Foot in the Grave_ :skull: already! :wink:

> @"Anchoku.8142" said:

> Tried it last night on Berserker Reaper in PvE and started thinking it should not exist.

>

> It is another passive LF generation source that breaks the whole idea of a player being responsible for managing LF.

On dps builds in pve it competes with death perception and ironically this keeps it in line since you lose a ton of damage without death perception. If you ignore that then 3%/s and the 66% cap is way to much.

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > @"Anchoku.8142" said:

> > Tried it last night on Berserker Reaper in PvE and started thinking it should not exist.

> >

> > It is another passive LF generation source that breaks the whole idea of a player being responsible for managing LF.

> On dps builds in pve it competes with death perception and ironically this keeps it in line since you lose a ton of damage without death perception. If you ignore that then 3%/s and the 66% cap is way to much.

I won't argue that but Eternal Life's application may be too broad, yet may not directly counter control effects.

To explain a little more, Foot in the Grave was created because Reaper's Protection was in Death Magic and Fear was only a condition, meaning a stun break _or_ a condition removal could clear it. Reaper's protection was replaced, which was fine because FitG was there but now _both_ are gone.

RP's intent was to punish attackers who were not prepared to repel a counter to their first control effect. Something like that made gameplay interesting although cool down was too long. I would rather FitG's replacement be directly anti-CC with a reasonable ICD.

I am pretty sure the designer of eternal life followed the following logic:

- class design: core necro is durable but lacks stability

- it had one stability source up to now but since we nerf this boon overall we have to remove it for core necro to keep it in line

- now what could we do to keep the durable aspect in scenarios where stability matters?

- instead of a stunbreak and stability on entering shroud give necro protection to soak up the burst that follows a stun which the necro can't break anymore and give it better life force generation to generally have more sustain when stunned because of the lack of stability

- profit!

> @"tehape.8407" said:

> Can some1 confirm this bug?

> Since more ppl read here, than in Bug section.

> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/98548/bug-necromancer-trait-eternal-life#latest

> I do not get the protection buff. I am running scourge and it doesnt provide the boon.

> Besides that, its nice yeah.

>

> Cheers,

> jah

Confirmed!

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1175766/#Comment_1175766