Tutorial Achievements Feedback

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > @"MysticReaper.4318" said:

> > tutorial achievements should be automatically watched to be visible at level 1 with a button or click instructional pop-up.

> I'd rather have that at level two than in the shared introduction instance.

>

>

ok. as long as it is visible, i agree.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Jayden Reese.9542" said:

> One thing don't do. The enhanced mighty boxes seem to only drop once. It said they only drop for lvl 10 or lower but my level 80 got 2 and I just selected/salvaged or deleted. Then I did a key run and got the other four and you need to equip as part of the achievement but the 2 I deleted on my 80 won't drop again so don't delete them equip them.

This needs fixing or addressing, agreed.

Not sure why it was needed to have a box AND item achievement. I deleted the gloves box (and some others) on one of my 80s the first time around. Now I'm still missing the gloves equip part. After around 2hours of 1-shot nuking enemies in a starter area with my 80 mesmer (mesmer gs will 1 shot everything, as mirage even up to 3 targets which leads to clear amount of easy 20-30 enemies per minute) I think I'll wait until some fix is implemented.

The boxes drop from level 10 and under enemies. The specific boxes (i.e. hands) will drop depending on whether you have unlocked the collection item that requires equipping them. If you equipped the gloves then you won't get the box again. If you don't equip the gloves, you'll continue to get the glove boxes as possible drops until you do.

> @"MysticReaper.4318" said:

> another thing i noticed. the regular enemy npcs normally kill are dropping nothing at all. i kill the same npcs several times and no item dropped at all.

It's a low drop rate.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> The boxes drop from level 10 and under enemies. The specific boxes (i.e. hands) will drop depending on whether you have unlocked the collection item that requires equipping them. If you equipped the gloves then you won't get the box again. If you don't equip the gloves, you'll continue to get the glove boxes as possible drops until you do.

>

> > another thing i noticed. the regular enemy npcs normally kill are dropping nothing at all. i kill the same npcs several times and no item dropped at all.

>

> It's a low drop rate.

it is wide spread. i hope anet fixes.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> The boxes drop from level 10 and under enemies. The specific boxes (i.e. hands) will drop depending on whether you have unlocked the collection item that requires equipping them. If you equipped the gloves then you won't get the box again. If you don't equip the gloves, you'll continue to get the glove boxes as possible drops until you do.

>

I've been killings hundreds of enemies sub level 10 with both a down leveled 80 and a newly created character for hours.

Some boxes dropped multiple times, especially in the first hour. Which allowed me to correct the initial mistake of not taking out the item and equiping it initially on multiple boxes. The glove box still has not dropped after dropping 1nce (and not equipping the item) after hours of farming.

There definately is a bug here.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > another thing i noticed. the regular enemy npcs normally kill are dropping nothing at all. i kill the same npcs several times and no item dropped at all.

>

> It's a low drop rate.

No, it's not. It's a low drop rate once certain conditions are met, which we do not know.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

>

>

> It's a low drop rate.

Help!

Many questions about this.

(1) I had a glove box drop yet had not equipped it...could not figure out why until I suddenly remembered the reason.

I am thinking this was the first box that dropped for me. It dropped and I had opened it while fighting my diabetic kitty for my Mexican Pizza. He is newly diagnosed and still at the stage where he HAS to eat everything his little nose says is edible. I was trying to get him away from the box while trying to pick the glove. I was in a hurry and for some very dumb reason thought they were all for my armor weight, just different designs.

Got the "poor starving" kitty off the desk and tried to equip the gloves....could not do so.

I had chosen Light instead of Heavy.

Figuring I would get another shot at the right gloves I went on my merry way.

Nope.

I hear that extra boxes will drop...that is not my experience.

I even made a second brand new character, jacked-up my magic find, and redid the map completion in all newbie zones. Slicing and dicing anything that got in my way....

I ended up with a lot of crafting stuff and even more junk items but no boxes and no gloves.

I then got the original character with whom I did the achievements.

I jacked up her magic find and sliced and diced all living creatures like a homicidal maniac for about an hour so with the dismaying reality of no boxes and no gloves.

What am I doing wrong????

Should I send in a ticket?

Sigh. I should have let the silly cat dive into my Mexican Pizza and actually paid attention to the choices in front of me.

I created a new character and all the boxes dropped after 15 minutes of farming bandits in the cave of Queensdale (I was between level 5 and 8). I equipped the gear once I looted it, and I never had duplicates. Only the helm didn't drop from bandits: I got it from a veteran boar at lv10.

This is not to say that this is what you should do, just to say that on "normal conditions" it's not really farming.

> @"Urud.4925" said:

> I created a new character and all the boxes dropped after 15 minutes of farming bandits in the cave of Queensdale (I was between level 5 and 8). I equipped the gear once I looted it, and I never had duplicates. Only the helm didn't drop from bandits: I got it from a veteran boar at lv10.

> This is not to say that this is what you should do, just to say that on "normal conditions" it's not really farming.

Thank you Urud :)

Queensdale bandit cave here I come :)

oh, err, should I kill off my character and start fresh again?

Probably should...mutter, mutter, stupid kitty.

Thank you Urud :)

> @"Urud.4925" said:

> I created a new character and all the boxes dropped after 15 minutes of farming bandits in the cave of Queensdale (I was between level 5 and 8). I equipped the gear once I looted it, and I never had duplicates. Only the helm didn't drop from bandits: I got it from a veteran boar at lv10.

> This is not to say that this is what you should do, just to say that on "normal conditions" it's not really farming.

Did you have the boxes drop before, or not?

Because the issue lies with having the box drop, but not equipping the item, thus leading to have the achievement for getting the box, but not the acheivement for equipping the item. Which some level 80 players, like myself, simply destroyed.

The boxes drop for any character who is considered level 10 or below, even down ranked characters rather quickly for the first time around.

Uh, try first with your lv80 character. I made a new one because I always keep a spare slot (I don't like to waste my birthday's gifts!), but it should work also on a lv80.

Just don't farm for hours: if you don't get a single box after 10 minutes, it means that something's probably wrong. Maybe the headgear doesn't drop from very low-lv mobs, but all the other pieces dropped fairly easily from bandits.

> @"Urud.4925" said:

> Just don't farm for hours: if you don't get a single box after 10 minutes, it means that something's probably wrong.

That's what players are saying: there is the possibility to have the account become non eligible for the chests without having completed the corresponding achievements fully.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > The boxes drop from level 10 and under enemies. The specific boxes (i.e. hands) will drop depending on whether you have unlocked the collection item that requires equipping them. If you equipped the gloves then you won't get the box again. If you don't equip the gloves, you'll continue to get the glove boxes as possible drops until you do.

> >

>

> I've been killings hundreds of enemies sub level 10 with both a down leveled 80 and a newly created character for hours.

>

> Some boxes dropped multiple times, especially in the first hour. Which allowed me to correct the initial mistake of not taking out the item and equiping it initially on multiple boxes. The glove box still has not dropped after dropping 1nce (and not equipping the item) after hours of farming.

>

> There definately is a bug here.

>

> > > @"MysticReaper.4318" said:

> > > another thing i noticed. the regular enemy npcs normally kill are dropping nothing at all. i kill the same npcs several times and no item dropped at all.

> >

> > It's a low drop rate.

>

> No, it's not. It's a low drop rate once certain conditions are met, which we do not know.

Conditions are clearly listed in the tooltip for the collection. It’s just a very low drop rate. There’s no big here or at least not from what I have experienced. I too had to farm the boxes over again because I tossed the armor before equipping. How often a box dropped was random but that’s how RNG works.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > The boxes drop from level 10 and under enemies. The specific boxes (i.e. hands) will drop depending on whether you have unlocked the collection item that requires equipping them. If you equipped the gloves then you won't get the box again. If you don't equip the gloves, you'll continue to get the glove boxes as possible drops until you do.

> > >

> >

> > I've been killings hundreds of enemies sub level 10 with both a down leveled 80 and a newly created character for hours.

> >

> > Some boxes dropped multiple times, especially in the first hour. Which allowed me to correct the initial mistake of not taking out the item and equiping it initially on multiple boxes. The glove box still has not dropped after dropping 1nce (and not equipping the item) after hours of farming.

> >

> > There definately is a bug here.

> >

> > > > @"MysticReaper.4318" said:

> > > > another thing i noticed. the regular enemy npcs normally kill are dropping nothing at all. i kill the same npcs several times and no item dropped at all.

> > >

> > > It's a low drop rate.

> >

> > No, it's not. It's a low drop rate once certain conditions are met, which we do not know.

>

> Conditions are clearly listed in the tooltip for the collection. It’s just a very low drop rate.

No, it's not.

Here, strait from this thread:

> @"Urud.4925" said:

Which mirrors my own experience. I had all the chests within half of the first maps achievements.

Then, after not equipping the pants, I completed ALL the other maps, ALL the other achievements, and grinded close to 2 hours nonstop on sub level 10 enemies, and am still lacking a second time for the pants box to drop (with absolutely 0 drops of any type of the chests). So spare me this nonsense of it's a rare drop, because it certainly was not the first time around.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > @"Urud.4925" said:

> > Just don't farm for hours: if you don't get a single box after 10 minutes, it means that something's probably wrong.

>

> That's what players are saying: there is the possibility to have the account become non eligible for the chests without having completed the corresponding achievements fully.

No. The drop rate is just low. I remember spending two hours farming until I got a chest to drop.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"Urud.4925" said:

> > > Just don't farm for hours: if you don't get a single box after 10 minutes, it means that something's probably wrong.

> >

> > That's what players are saying: there is the possibility to have the account become non eligible for the chests without having completed the corresponding achievements fully.

>

> No. The drop rate is just low. I remember spending two hours farming until I got a chest to drop.

A chest which you had already gotten, opened but not equipped the item from?

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > @"Urud.4925" said:

> > > > Just don't farm for hours: if you don't get a single box after 10 minutes, it means that something's probably wrong.

> > >

> > > That's what players are saying: there is the possibility to have the account become non eligible for the chests without having completed the corresponding achievements fully.

> >

> > No. The drop rate is just low. I remember spending two hours farming until I got a chest to drop.

>

> A chest which you had already gotten, opened but not equipped the item from?

Well that too as I mistakenly didn’t equip the leg armor right away and got a second leg armor chest. Two other pieces took about two hours each.

I had to farm all of the chests again after having gotten them since I tossed all of the armor.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > > @"Urud.4925" said:

> > > > > Just don't farm for hours: if you don't get a single box after 10 minutes, it means that something's probably wrong.

> > > >

> > > > That's what players are saying: there is the possibility to have the account become non eligible for the chests without having completed the corresponding achievements fully.

> > >

> > > No. The drop rate is just low. I remember spending two hours farming until I got a chest to drop.

> >

> > A chest which you had already gotten, opened but not equipped the item from?

>

> Well that too as I mistakenly didn’t equip the leg armor right away and got a second leg armor chest. Two other pieces took about two hours each.

>

> I had to farm all of the chests again after having gotten them since I tossed all of the armor.

Okay, well then it's either excessive since these achievements are meant to introduce players to the game (or who knows, maybe intended after all many drops are very rare).

I didn't have any issue with ANY of the chests (yes, I trashed all of them the first time around too), except the one which I opened and took the item out WITHOUT equipping it.

I guess we will see if this gets addressed or not.

Yay! I got my gloves!!!!!!!!!!!

What I did was I got disgusted with my two lowbies and fired up my level 80 Guardian who has always gotten good drops.

She is a Norn, so I took her to Wayfarer and beat up all the sub level 10s I came across.

I enjoyed myself because I changed up her build a bit.

As I was beating the snot out of everything I could beat the snot out of, I experimented with the spirit weapons.

And, I got the Glove Box!!!!!!!!!!

Whew.

It does drop people.

Winners are losers who try one more time :)

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > > > @"Urud.4925" said:

> > > > > > Just don't farm for hours: if you don't get a single box after 10 minutes, it means that something's probably wrong.

> > > > >

> > > > > That's what players are saying: there is the possibility to have the account become non eligible for the chests without having completed the corresponding achievements fully.

> > > >

> > > > No. The drop rate is just low. I remember spending two hours farming until I got a chest to drop.

> > >

> > > A chest which you had already gotten, opened but not equipped the item from?

> >

> > Well that too as I mistakenly didn’t equip the leg armor right away and got a second leg armor chest. Two other pieces took about two hours each.

> >

> > I had to farm all of the chests again after having gotten them since I tossed all of the armor.

>

> Okay, well then it's either excessive since these achievements are meant to introduce players to the game (or who knows, maybe intended after all many drops are very rare).

>

> I didn't have any issue with ANY of the chests (yes, I trashed all of them the first time around too), except the one which I opened and took the item out WITHOUT equipping it.

>

> I guess we will see if this gets addressed or not.

It’s excessively low for a collection/achievement meant for new players as it’s very well something that they won’t complete a new player. Especially considering that the armor itself is nothing special and will very quickly become obsolete.

Ok, one more reply to share my recent experience.

I did follow information from @Julischka Bean.7491: I took my level 80 human necro, went to Queensdale and started to do the lowest level heart quests, while killing at same time every yellow & red foes on my way. After about 50 kills, all in zones below level 10, I got the boots chest from a drake!

So yes, it works. Even if we got rid of the armor pieces before to equip them, we can re-earn them by farming. The only thing is that drop rate is a lot slower.

Thanks All for sharing about the issue. Will now keep farming to get the chest piece, last one I miss to complete.

> @"Dreamy Lu.3865" said:

> Ok, one more reply to share my recent experience.

>

> I did follow information from @Julischka Bean.7491: I took my level 80 human necro, went to Queensdale and started to do the lowest level heart quests, while killing at same time every yellow & red foes on my way. After about 50 kills, all in zones below level 10, I got the boots chest from a drake!

> So yes, it works. Even if we got rid of the armor pieces before to equip them, we can re-earn them by farming. The only thing is that drop rate is a lot slower.

>

> Thanks All for sharing about the issue. Will now keep farming to get the chest piece, last one I miss to complete.

Fair enough, I can live with that. I've spent over 2 hours of killing enemies in queensdale. As long as others confirm that the item can drop, that's good enough for me. Guess I'll just rotate characters a bit to keep it interesting.

I found the bandit camp just outside of the cave to be the best spot for me. It’s the one east of Vale WP. You get maybe a dozen bandits that spawn on the same spot with a short respawn time. You also get bonus bandits when the event to defend the farm is up.

I did this on a necro with minions as it provided the least effort.