Beginner Experience Collection

YtseJam.9784

Drop rates are really bad.

Luckily I now finished my collection and they drop more frequently... Always the way isn't it?

Oddly enough, I actually had an item drop off a level 80 mob in Cursed Shore, which was confusing but suggests that the loot tables really are janky...

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

So as of right now (Jan 2021), getting the equipment boxes again is very doable.

Like many others, I deleted all of the started equipment before realising there were needed for the achievement. What I did was create a brand new character, then just grind for mobs that are under level 10. I got all of mine within 3 hours in Queensdale, three of which were on one toon (before he levelled past level 10) and two on another toon. You can progress through your Slayer and Weapon Master achievements simultaneously too.

Drop rates are low, but not super low! Just treat it as a chill killing sesh and you'll get your boxes in no time :)

> @"YtseJam.9784" said:

> > @"Kronos.3695" said:

> > > @"Eramonster.2718" said:

> > > > @"YtseJam.9784" said:

> > > > kitten I just have bad luck then. 3hrs so far and not a single drop. Even created a new toon and leveled her to 10 and nothing :(

> > >

> > > Try using "Magic Find" food/consumables.

> >

> > Magic find improve the quality of the things found and with the chests being blue, probably it will be even worse...

>

> I have max magic find, and i think that might be the problem. It took me a total of about 8 extra hours and 2 new toons to get the 2 I had destroyed, which is kinda odd since It didn't take me that long to get them originally.

>

> I think ANET should consider these two for QoL:

>

> 1. Add a vendor to buy each items once you get the corresponding chest, like a lot of other merchs do that sell collection items in case you drop them.

> 2. Make you type the full name of these collection items when you try to destroy them like they do with other important/collection items in the game

> 3. Add one of those popups the first time you get one so you are hinted that you need to equip it, you know like the WASD to move, dodge, etc. tutorial popups.

>

> There's a lot of people in map chat in the same boat as me that have dropped the items before equipping them cause they just didn't know since it was a skin that we already had unlocked, just threw it away.

These are sensible suggestions, but as a player with max magic find do you think perhaps that the New Player Experience Collection has not been designed with you in mind?