Glyph of Lesser Elementals - Post Patch February 25

Endrance.5013

Hi there folks

I'm here to talk about the new change at the elementals.

This is the new change:

> Summoned Elementals: Increased elemental summon time from 60 seconds to 120 seconds. Added indicator effects on the elementalist's active effects monitor to show the remaining time for each elemental.

> Glyph of Lesser Elementals: These elementals can no longer be commanded. However, players can now summon more than one elemental at the same time. All lesser elementals die if this glyph is unequipped.

The problem "in my opinion", either it's intended or not is the following:

> All lesser elementals die if this glyph is unequipped

If you, for any reason, lose access to your utilities, all your lesser summons (which you can have 4 at the same time) die.

1st - This happens when you enter a Turret or any kind o interectable machine (cannons etc). Your elementals won't cover you.

2nd - This happens when you activate the new Obsidian Flesh which locks skills aka remove them, so the elementals die.

3rd - This happens when you get downed, so there is no hope for your elementals to Rally you, because on down, you have no utility, aka they die.

4th - This happens when you active Mist Form, which removes all avaiable skills, so the elementals die.

While the 1st ain't really bothersome, the 2nd, 3rd and 4th are a real problem.

Like stated before, don't know if this was intended, or just a minor overlook.

Suggestion:

On 2nd, 3rd and 4th problem, allow them to stay, the glyph isn't removed, just temporarely unaccessible.

Note that this all only effect the Lesser Elementals. The normal stays despite any of the 4 examples given. So it's possible to change the skill requirement to match the Elite version, the same way that if we actually unequip the elite, the summon dies. Now that, is a real unequip.

Cheers, and have a good day.

EDIT:

It came to my attention that mounting removes all elementals, lesser and greater, but that likely is intented.

EDIT 2:

It came to my attention that Mist Form skill also removes all skils, therefore, the lesser elementals also die.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes. I have been trying to make these new glyphs work and they can be pretty decent in open world solo but the issue of being unsummoned when any of these above things occur is annoying.

Imo the one where your summons die when mounting is the worst, as it means if you want to use the glyphs then your not going to be mounting at all if you want to keep your summon stacks up.

This is ok sometimes for me cause i often run through a hot map just killing mobs and harvesting for fun but other than that..... Meh.

I guess this build will be best for base game players who done have mounts.

Pls fix this Anet lol. And also fix this for minionmancer. It only happens on Necro if you mount then dismount too quickly in a short amount of time. It used to happen to soulbeast beast mode as well but they fixed that and never did for necro, so i doubt it will ever be fixed for ele as well.

• 4 weeks later...

I hadn't been checking the patch notes for Elementalists recently, but I found out about this change when someone in a Strike Mission had five or six (maybe even seven, it's hard to tell in the screenshot I took) fire elementals out. It was impressing everyone, but now I'm wondering how they had that many out at the same time even with the new changes.

> @"Jokubas.4265" said:

> I hadn't been checking the patch notes for Elementalists recently, but I found out about this change when someone in a Strike Mission had five or six (maybe even seven, it's hard to tell in the screenshot I took) fire elementals out. It was impressing everyone, but now I'm wondering how they had that many out at the same time even with the new changes.

With the Glyph trait and Alacrity boon it is possible, but only in group settings. Maybe Superior Sigil of Frenzy too?