Anet.. can you make a DPS meter?

STIHL.2489

> @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > @Joxer.6024 said:

> > > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > > @maddoctor.2738 said:

> > > > > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > > > Problem is ArenaNet doesn't give you any guarantee that at some point deltaconnected or any other 3rd party dev decides to scan and still our credit card numbers or take over our accounts. They also take no responsibility if this happens. This is why OP wants built in dps meter and takin Anet's stance and policy about dps meters you have no option to tell me this will never happen.

> > > >

> > > > Your credit card information is properly encrypted and reading the memory for it won't work. Same with your account password. There is no way for deltaconnected to acquire sensitive information using memory reading, not even Anet can read that information (that's how encryption works btw), that's why they cannot tell you your password, only reset it to something new.

> > > >

> > > > And the developers are in contact with the developer of ArcDPS (and probably any other developer that wants to access the memory) so they know what is included in the next version and they can indeed scan for and ban software that does things that the developers do not want it to do (gear inspections).

> > > >

> > > > Your fear is unreasonable.

> > >

> > > One update is enough to change how this works and damage can be done before arenanet reacts. This tool is potential danger and nobody can guarantee this or future 3rd party tools are safe.

> >

> > Just don't use it, plain and simple. If you don't want it, are scared of it, fear it, don't like the color or name just don't use it, period. Its not required to PLAY the game, simples. ;)

>

> It actively monitors my account and I have no power to stop it if anyone else is using it. Anet policy is flawed, they take no responsibility and one of solutions for this clear security issue is creating built in dps meter and ban 3rd party tools hacking game client. There are also other options but they are not part of this thread.

Monitoring combat data is not monitoring your account, it’s been stated time and again, also CC checks Combat Meters to ensure they aren’t doing anything they aren’t supposed to be doing, this too has been stated many a time.

So please show how monitoring combat data is monitoring your account, remember Combat data is read from the Combat meter users client and own machine and doesn’t pull anything about your account that isn’t public data to begin with.

So please enlighten us on how your account is being monitored.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @TheRandomGuy.7246 said:

> > @"Ildrid Ildhjertet.2489" said:

> > And on that note, I would like to add that tying the DPS meter to an online leaderboard that highlights what boss, what class and what traits were used could be a good way to show how different professions and builds perform on different bosses.

>

> So basically you want developers to spend time on making a thing that will show just how terrible their balance is. I wonder why they have not added that feature yet.

If they don't have pride in their game, they should can it and make a new game. Either they have faith in their product or they don't.. and since they have made content that is for the most part a DPS challenge, they should embrace that design aspect and put the meter in.

> @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > @Joxer.6024 said:

> > > > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > > > @maddoctor.2738 said:

> > > > > > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > > > > Problem is ArenaNet doesn't give you any guarantee that at some point deltaconnected or any other 3rd party dev decides to scan and still our credit card numbers or take over our accounts. They also take no responsibility if this happens. This is why OP wants built in dps meter and takin Anet's stance and policy about dps meters you have no option to tell me this will never happen.

> > > > >

> > > > > Your credit card information is properly encrypted and reading the memory for it won't work. Same with your account password. There is no way for deltaconnected to acquire sensitive information using memory reading, not even Anet can read that information (that's how encryption works btw), that's why they cannot tell you your password, only reset it to something new.

> > > > >

> > > > > And the developers are in contact with the developer of ArcDPS (and probably any other developer that wants to access the memory) so they know what is included in the next version and they can indeed scan for and ban software that does things that the developers do not want it to do (gear inspections).

> > > > >

> > > > > Your fear is unreasonable.

> > > >

> > > > One update is enough to change how this works and damage can be done before arenanet reacts. This tool is potential danger and nobody can guarantee this or future 3rd party tools are safe.

> > >

> > > Just don't use it, plain and simple. If you don't want it, are scared of it, fear it, don't like the color or name just don't use it, period. Its not required to PLAY the game, simples. ;)

> >

> > It actively monitors my account and I have no power to stop it if anyone else is using it. Anet policy is flawed, they take no responsibility and one of solutions for this clear security issue is creating built in dps meter and ban 3rd party tools hacking game client. There are also other options but they are not part of this thread.

>

> Monitoring combat data is not monitoring your account, it’s been stated time and again, also CC checks Combat Meters to ensure they aren’t doing anything they aren’t supposed to be doing, this too has been stated many a time.

>

If they are going to waste the Dev time on checking and motioning the 3rd party software, they may as well just make it themselves and be done with it.

> @STIHL.2489 said:

> > @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > > > @Joxer.6024 said:

> > > > > > @maddoctor.2738 said:

> > > > > > > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > > > > > Problem is ArenaNet doesn't give you any guarantee that at some point deltaconnected or any other 3rd party dev decides to scan and still our credit card numbers or take over our accounts. They also take no responsibility if this happens. This is why OP wants built in dps meter and takin Anet's stance and policy about dps meters you have no option to tell me this will never happen.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Your credit card information is properly encrypted and reading the memory for it won't work. Same with your account password. There is no way for deltaconnected to acquire sensitive information using memory reading, not even Anet can read that information (that's how encryption works btw), that's why they cannot tell you your password, only reset it to something new.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And the developers are in contact with the developer of ArcDPS (and probably any other developer that wants to access the memory) so they know what is included in the next version and they can indeed scan for and ban software that does things that the developers do not want it to do (gear inspections).

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Your fear is unreasonable.

> > > > >

> > > > > One update is enough to change how this works and damage can be done before arenanet reacts. This tool is potential danger and nobody can guarantee this or future 3rd party tools are safe.

> > > >

> > > > Just don't use it, plain and simple. If you don't want it, are scared of it, fear it, don't like the color or name just don't use it, period. Its not required to PLAY the game, simples. ;)

> > >

> > > It actively monitors my account and I have no power to stop it if anyone else is using it. Anet policy is flawed, they take no responsibility and one of solutions for this clear security issue is creating built in dps meter and ban 3rd party tools hacking game client. There are also other options but they are not part of this thread.

> >

> > Monitoring combat data is not monitoring your account, it’s been stated time and again, also CC checks Combat Meters to ensure they aren’t doing anything they aren’t supposed to be doing, this too has been stated many a time.

> >

>

> If they are going to waste the Dev time on checking and motioning the 3rd party software, they may as well just make it themselves and be done with it.

>

Beachside there is a completely functional combat meter already blessed off by Anet for use that meets the needs of almost every Player that wants Combat Meters and it doesn’t take development resources away from the already limited resources available. For all we know CC checks them in his off time which doesn’t take or devote any resources from the game.

Checking for compliance and functionality is quite a bit different then building from scratch.

> @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> For all we know CC checks them in his off time which doesn’t take or devote any resources from the game.

LOL, you think QA and CC work off the clock.. how cute.

This might be your hobby, but it is their job. Never forget that.

Also,, do you use a meter?

> @STIHL.2489 said:

> > For all we know CC checks them in his off time which doesn’t take or devote any resources from the game.

>

> LOL, you think QA and CC work off the clock.. how cute.

>

> This might be your hobby, but it is their job. Never forget that.

>

> Also,, do you use a meter?

>

For one CC has never said he works on it as a project for Anet or if he does it as a courtesy so Players have a reliable compliant program, so like I said for all we know he could do it in his time off(quite a few game Devs did projects like that, wow Devs, Skyrim Devs, etc), especially if Anet doesn’t let him do it on their time, but hey they might let him do it on their time, we don’t know, so it’s better to not make Assumptions and we all know the saying about Assumptions.

Do I use Meters? Not in a while, it’s still installed, but I have been focusing on PvP where Meters are next to useless and detrimental.

So please come up with some real points that don’t rely on pure speculation and assumptions.

> @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > > For all we know CC checks them in his off time which doesn’t take or devote any resources from the game.

> >

> > LOL, you think QA and CC work off the clock.. how cute.

> >

> > This might be your hobby, but it is their job. Never forget that.

> >

> > Also,, do you use a meter?

> >

>

> For one CC has never said he works on it as a project for Anet or if he does it as a courtesy so Players have a reliable compliant program, so like I said for all we know he could do it in his time off(quite a few game Devs did projects like that, wow Devs, Skyrim Devs, etc), especially if Anet doesn’t let him do it on their time, but hey they might let him do it on their time, we don’t know, so it’s better to not make Assumptions and we all know the saying about Assumptions.

>

> Do I use Meters? Not in a while, it’s still installed, but I have been focusing on PvP where Meters are next to useless and detrimental.

>

> So please come up with some real points that don’t rely on pure speculation and assumptions.

>

>

Funny that you mention PvP. As OP mentioned, there already is DPS meter in game, it's used exactly for PvP so there is no need to create it from scratch. Thank you for providing good argument FOR implementing anet supported in game DPS meter!

> @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > > @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > > > For all we know CC checks them in his off time which doesn’t take or devote any resources from the game.

> > >

> > > LOL, you think QA and CC work off the clock.. how cute.

> > >

> > > This might be your hobby, but it is their job. Never forget that.

> > >

> > > Also,, do you use a meter?

> > >

> >

> > For one CC has never said he works on it as a project for Anet or if he does it as a courtesy so Players have a reliable compliant program, so like I said for all we know he could do it in his time off(quite a few game Devs did projects like that, wow Devs, Skyrim Devs, etc), especially if Anet doesn’t let him do it on their time, but hey they might let him do it on their time, we don’t know, so it’s better to not make Assumptions and we all know the saying about Assumptions.

> >

> > Do I use Meters? Not in a while, it’s still installed, but I have been focusing on PvP where Meters are next to useless and detrimental.

> >

> > So please come up with some real points that don’t rely on pure speculation and assumptions.

> >

> >

>

> Funny that you mention PvP. As OP mentioned, there already is DPS meter in game, it's used exactly for PvP so there is no need to create it from scratch. Thank you for providing good argument FOR implementing anet supported in game DPS meter!

Funny that’s not a DPS meter that’s a damage recap, it shows total at end of match not actually DPS or do w need to explain what DPS stands for? And it doesn’t alert anything mid game or at a moments notice but hey pesky facts are pesky, plus That recap is highly inadequate since it doesn’t pull who did what mechanics at what specific time who failed mechanics etc. you know things that the already compliant and approved for use Combat Meter does.

And will you please answer the question I posed you or do I take the avoidance of the question as you havin zero basis for your claim?

> @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > For all we know CC checks them in his off time which doesn’t take or devote any resources from the game.

> >

> > LOL, you think QA and CC work off the clock.. how cute.

> >

> > This might be your hobby, but it is their job. Never forget that.

> >

> > Also,, do you use a meter?

> >

>

> For one CC has never said he works on it as a project for Anet or if he does it as a courtesy so Players have a reliable compliant program, so like I said for all we know he could do it in his time off(quite a few game Devs did projects like that, wow Devs, Skyrim Devs, etc), especially if Anet doesn’t let him do it on their time, but hey they might let him do it on their time, we don’t know, so it’s better to not make Assumptions and we all know the saying about Assumptions.

Hilarious. Since all you are making claims that its been officially certified and checked by Anet, then it can't be done off the clock, as any work done off the clock cannot in any way be affiliated to Anet, at all, in any manner. In fact if they could not even talk about what they did with their Anet account.

Welcome to reality.

>

> Do I use Meters? Not in a while, it’s still installed, but I have been focusing on PvP where Meters are next to useless and detrimental.

>

Seems kinda hypocritical of someone to feel that a meter was important enough to be made and then download and then make a fuss that Anet shouldn't make one.

> @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > > For all we know CC checks them in his off time which doesn’t take or devote any resources from the game.

> > >

> > > LOL, you think QA and CC work off the clock.. how cute.

> > >

> > > This might be your hobby, but it is their job. Never forget that.

> > >

> > > Also,, do you use a meter?

> > >

> >

> > For one CC has never said he works on it as a project for Anet or if he does it as a courtesy so Players have a reliable compliant program, so like I said for all we know he could do it in his time off(quite a few game Devs did projects like that, wow Devs, Skyrim Devs, etc), especially if Anet doesn’t let him do it on their time, but hey they might let him do it on their time, we don’t know, so it’s better to not make Assumptions and we all know the saying about Assumptions.

>

> Hilarious. Since all you are making claims that its been officially certified and checked by Anet, then it can't be done off the clock, as any work done off the clock cannot in any way be affiliated to Anet, at all, in any manner. In fact if they could not even talk about what they did with their Anet account.

>

> Welcome to reality.

>

> >

> > Do I use Meters? Not in a while, it’s still installed, but I have been focusing on PvP where Meters are next to useless and detrimental.

> >

>

> Seems kinda hypocritical of someone to feel that a meter was important enough to be made and then download and then make a fuss that Anet shouldn't make one.

Re-read what I said, I said an Anet Dev checks them not that Anet has a Dev check them. Reading comprehension my friend.

Not hypocritical in the least currently it serves me no purpose, but it is still a useful tool that is not needed in the least just welcome to help refine and actually allows those that want more in depth data to have it, and doesn’t need official support for because that would take resources away from somewhere else.

> @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > > > @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > > > > For all we know CC checks them in his off time which doesn’t take or devote any resources from the game.

> > > >

> > > > LOL, you think QA and CC work off the clock.. how cute.

> > > >

> > > > This might be your hobby, but it is their job. Never forget that.

> > > >

> > > > Also,, do you use a meter?

> > > >

> > >

> > > For one CC has never said he works on it as a project for Anet or if he does it as a courtesy so Players have a reliable compliant program, so like I said for all we know he could do it in his time off(quite a few game Devs did projects like that, wow Devs, Skyrim Devs, etc), especially if Anet doesn’t let him do it on their time, but hey they might let him do it on their time, we don’t know, so it’s better to not make Assumptions and we all know the saying about Assumptions.

> > >

> > > Do I use Meters? Not in a while, it’s still installed, but I have been focusing on PvP where Meters are next to useless and detrimental.

> > >

> > > So please come up with some real points that don’t rely on pure speculation and assumptions.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Funny that you mention PvP. As OP mentioned, there already is DPS meter in game, it's used exactly for PvP so there is no need to create it from scratch. Thank you for providing good argument FOR implementing anet supported in game DPS meter!

>

> Funny that’s not a DPS meter that’s a damage recap, it shows total at end of match not actually DPS or do w need to explain what DPS stands for? And it doesn’t alert anything mid game or at a moments notice but hey pesky facts are pesky, plus That recap is highly inadequate since it doesn’t pull who did what mechanics at what specific time who failed mechanics etc. you know things that the already compliant and approved for use Combat Meter does.

>

DPS stands for damage per second, but.. the PvP system is more in-depth, as it not only reads how much damage everyone is doing at each moment (DPS) it is also keeps a running total of how much damage has been done by each player, (Overall contribution), In Short, it's already a more advanced feature then the current 'Put a graph on the combat feed" that you are using.

And I have arcDPS, it does not do any of that of that stuff, it just shows who is doing the most Damage at the current moment.

> @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > > > For all we know CC checks them in his off time which doesn’t take or devote any resources from the game.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > For one CC has never said he works on it as a project for Anet or if he does it as a courtesy so Players have a reliable compliant program, so like I said for all we know he could do it in his time off(quite a few game Devs did projects like that, wow Devs, Skyrim Devs, etc), especially if Anet doesn’t let him do it on their time, but hey they might let him do it on their time, we don’t know, so it’s better to not make Assumptions and we all know the saying about Assumptions.

> > >

> > > Do I use Meters? Not in a while, it’s still installed, but I have been focusing on PvP where Meters are next to useless and detrimental.

> > >

> > > So please come up with some real points that don’t rely on pure speculation and assumptions.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Funny that you mention PvP. As OP mentioned, there already is DPS meter in game, it's used exactly for PvP so there is no need to create it from scratch. Thank you for providing good argument FOR implementing anet supported in game DPS meter!

>

> Funny that’s not a DPS meter that’s a damage recap, it shows total at end of match not actually DPS or do w need to explain what DPS stands for? And it doesn’t alert anything mid game or at a moments notice but hey pesky facts are pesky, plus That recap is highly inadequate since it doesn’t pull who did what mechanics at what specific time who failed mechanics etc. you know things that the already compliant and approved for use Combat Meter does.

To present damage summary at the end it needs to count it first. It's just different data presentation. The tool is there ready to be used. But it's limited to small and irrelevant game mode. Kinda sad. Wasted effort.

> @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> > Hilarious. Since all you are making claims that its been officially certified and checked by Anet, then it can't be done off the clock, as any work done off the clock cannot in any way be affiliated to Anet, at all, in any manner. In fact if they could not even talk about what they did with their Anet account.

> >

> > Welcome to reality.

> >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Seems kinda hypocritical of someone to feel that a meter was important enough to be made and then download and then make a fuss that Anet shouldn't make one.

>

> Re-read what I said, I said an Anet Dev checks them not that Anet has a Dev check them. Reading comprehension my friend.

>

> Not hypocritical in the least currently it serves me no purpose, but it is still a useful tool that is not needed in the least just welcome to help refine and actually allows those that want more in depth data to have it, and doesn’t need official support for because that would take resources away from somewhere else.

what you fail to grasp here, is if "Anet Checks them" someone at Anet got paid to do it.

And if it served no purpose it never would have been made to start with. It's obviously much wanted feature, one that people, such as yourself, felt needed enough to download it, so.. making it a QoL part of the game does in fact make sense. Downloading something for a game that you feel serves no purpose.. gonna call shenagains on that, and that sounds even more hypocritical. Would you like a shovel to keep digging?

> @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > > > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > > > > @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > > > > > For all we know CC checks them in his off time which doesn’t take or devote any resources from the game.

> > > > >

> > > > > LOL, you think QA and CC work off the clock.. how cute.

> > > > >

> > > > > This might be your hobby, but it is their job. Never forget that.

> > > > >

> > > > > Also,, do you use a meter?

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > For one CC has never said he works on it as a project for Anet or if he does it as a courtesy so Players have a reliable compliant program, so like I said for all we know he could do it in his time off(quite a few game Devs did projects like that, wow Devs, Skyrim Devs, etc), especially if Anet doesn’t let him do it on their time, but hey they might let him do it on their time, we don’t know, so it’s better to not make Assumptions and we all know the saying about Assumptions.

> > >

> > > Hilarious. Since all you are making claims that its been officially certified and checked by Anet, then it can't be done off the clock, as any work done off the clock cannot in any way be affiliated to Anet, at all, in any manner. In fact if they could not even talk about what they did with their Anet account.

> > >

> > > Welcome to reality.

> > >

> > > >

> > > > Do I use Meters? Not in a while, it’s still installed, but I have been focusing on PvP where Meters are next to useless and detrimental.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Seems kinda hypocritical of someone to feel that a meter was important enough to be made and then download and then make a fuss that Anet shouldn't make one.

> >

> > Re-read what I said, I said an Anet Dev checks them not that Anet has a Dev check them. Reading comprehension my friend.

> >

> > Not hypocritical in the least currently it serves me no purpose, but it is still a useful tool that is not needed in the least just welcome to help refine and actually allows those that want more in depth data to have it, and doesn’t need official support for because that would take resources away from somewhere else.

>

> what you fail to grasp here, is if "Anet Checks them" someone at Anet got paid to do it.

>

> And if it served no purpose it never would have been made to start with. It's obviously much wanted feature, one that people, such as yourself, felt needed enough to download it, so.. making it a QoL part of the game does in fact make sense. Downloading something for a game that you feel serves no purpose.. gonna call shenagains on that, and that sounds even more hypocritical. Would you like a shovel to keep digging?

Again you are making assumptions that CC did get paid to do it again show me that for all we know he did it on his own time(theirs history from multiple games of Devs doing similar things) so keep making assumptions since no one knows if he did it while getting paid or did it as a courtesy again we don’t know. But go on keep at it. Remember that saying about assumptions.

Re-read (seems to be a recurring issue for you)what I said: “currently it serves me no purpose”

Reading comprehension my friend, I stated currently it serves me no purpose, not that it serves no purpose.

So come on I can keep tearing up the misinformation and assumptions you keep making, it’s quite fun and simple really.

> @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > > > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > > > > For all we know CC checks them in his off time which doesn’t take or devote any resources from the game.

> > > > >

> > > > > LOL, you think QA and CC work off the clock.. how cute.

> > > > >

> > > > > This might be your hobby, but it is their job. Never forget that.

> > > > >

> > > > > Also,, do you use a meter?

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > For one CC has never said he works on it as a project for Anet or if he does it as a courtesy so Players have a reliable compliant program, so like I said for all we know he could do it in his time off(quite a few game Devs did projects like that, wow Devs, Skyrim Devs, etc), especially if Anet doesn’t let him do it on their time, but hey they might let him do it on their time, we don’t know, so it’s better to not make Assumptions and we all know the saying about Assumptions.

> > > >

> > > > Do I use Meters? Not in a while, it’s still installed, but I have been focusing on PvP where Meters are next to useless and detrimental.

> > > >

> > > > So please come up with some real points that don’t rely on pure speculation and assumptions.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Funny that you mention PvP. As OP mentioned, there already is DPS meter in game, it's used exactly for PvP so there is no need to create it from scratch. Thank you for providing good argument FOR implementing anet supported in game DPS meter!

> >

> > Funny that’s not a DPS meter that’s a damage recap, it shows total at end of match not actually DPS or do w need to explain what DPS stands for? And it doesn’t alert anything mid game or at a moments notice but hey pesky facts are pesky, plus That recap is highly inadequate since it doesn’t pull who did what mechanics at what specific time who failed mechanics etc. you know things that the already compliant and approved for use Combat Meter does.

>

>

> To present damage summary at the end it needs to count it first. It's just different data presentation. The tool is there ready to be used. But it's limited to small and irrelevant game mode. Kinda sad. Wasted effort.

It does only count Damage done, but doesn’t show anything else that’s relevant to that damage, like players that did damage then died partway through it just shows total damage and a percentage of the team/Map, again it doesn’t show Real time DPS(you know Damage Per Second) it is nothing but a Recap, having Real time Data is great in the fact it allows you to see what can be corrected in the moment as well as after the fact. So it isn’t a dps Meter it is a Combat recap something that’s quite a bit different.

And my comment on evading was correct.

> @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > > > > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > > > > > @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > > > > > > For all we know CC checks them in his off time which doesn’t take or devote any resources from the game.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > LOL, you think QA and CC work off the clock.. how cute.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > This might be your hobby, but it is their job. Never forget that.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Also,, do you use a meter?

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > For one CC has never said he works on it as a project for Anet or if he does it as a courtesy so Players have a reliable compliant program, so like I said for all we know he could do it in his time off(quite a few game Devs did projects like that, wow Devs, Skyrim Devs, etc), especially if Anet doesn’t let him do it on their time, but hey they might let him do it on their time, we don’t know, so it’s better to not make Assumptions and we all know the saying about Assumptions.

> > > > >

> > > > > Do I use Meters? Not in a while, it’s still installed, but I have been focusing on PvP where Meters are next to useless and detrimental.

> > > > >

> > > > > So please come up with some real points that don’t rely on pure speculation and assumptions.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Funny that you mention PvP. As OP mentioned, there already is DPS meter in game, it's used exactly for PvP so there is no need to create it from scratch. Thank you for providing good argument FOR implementing anet supported in game DPS meter!

> > >

> > > Funny that’s not a DPS meter that’s a damage recap, it shows total at end of match not actually DPS or do w need to explain what DPS stands for? And it doesn’t alert anything mid game or at a moments notice but hey pesky facts are pesky, plus That recap is highly inadequate since it doesn’t pull who did what mechanics at what specific time who failed mechanics etc. you know things that the already compliant and approved for use Combat Meter does.

> >

> >

> > To present damage summary at the end it needs to count it first. It's just different data presentation. The tool is there ready to be used. But it's limited to small and irrelevant game mode. Kinda sad. Wasted effort.

>

> It does only count Damage done, but doesn’t show anything else that’s relevant to that damage, like players that did damage then died partway through it just shows total damage and a percentage of the team/Map, again it doesn’t show Real time DPS(you know Damage Per Second) it is nothing but a Recap, having Real time Data is great in the fact it allows you to see what can be corrected in the moment as well as after the fact. So it isn’t a dps Meter it is a Combat recap something that’s quite a bit different.

>

> And my comment on evading was correct.

Actually, it shows the damage acclimation in real time, if you played PvP, you would know you can hit B at any time, and it will show you your scores and totals to the exact second, so not only does it keep track and record of your DPS, if you looked at it, you would see that is also keeping track of deaths, revives, healing, and a few other stats. It would be a small matter to have it calculate the % in real time as opposed to waiting to the end the match, but I wager since so few people hit B mid match, it was really not needed, but it could do it as well as since it already tracking the damage. Equally so, having it show you how much you did within a time (say a tick), would also be a small matter of having a separate line that did not do the acclimation. The system is there, it's already tracking all the info, and it's far superior to a bland DPS meter, it is simply a matter of modifying the UI to make it easier to activate, and watch.

But none the less it still willy amusing to me that people think some third party program made by a hobbyist in their spare time, in their house, is going to somehow be better then something that Anet , a professional gaming company could make. The audacity is staggering really.

> @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > > > > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > > > > > @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > > > > > > For all we know CC checks them in his off time which doesn’t take or devote any resources from the game.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > LOL, you think QA and CC work off the clock.. how cute.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > This might be your hobby, but it is their job. Never forget that.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Also,, do you use a meter?

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > For one CC has never said he works on it as a project for Anet or if he does it as a courtesy so Players have a reliable compliant program, so like I said for all we know he could do it in his time off(quite a few game Devs did projects like that, wow Devs, Skyrim Devs, etc), especially if Anet doesn’t let him do it on their time, but hey they might let him do it on their time, we don’t know, so it’s better to not make Assumptions and we all know the saying about Assumptions.

> > > >

> > > > Hilarious. Since all you are making claims that its been officially certified and checked by Anet, then it can't be done off the clock, as any work done off the clock cannot in any way be affiliated to Anet, at all, in any manner. In fact if they could not even talk about what they did with their Anet account.

> > > >

> > > > Welcome to reality.

> > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Do I use Meters? Not in a while, it’s still installed, but I have been focusing on PvP where Meters are next to useless and detrimental.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Seems kinda hypocritical of someone to feel that a meter was important enough to be made and then download and then make a fuss that Anet shouldn't make one.

> > >

> > > Re-read what I said, I said an Anet Dev checks them not that Anet has a Dev check them. Reading comprehension my friend.

> > >

> > > Not hypocritical in the least currently it serves me no purpose, but it is still a useful tool that is not needed in the least just welcome to help refine and actually allows those that want more in depth data to have it, and doesn’t need official support for because that would take resources away from somewhere else.

> >

> > what you fail to grasp here, is if "Anet Checks them" someone at Anet got paid to do it.

> >

> > And if it served no purpose it never would have been made to start with. It's obviously much wanted feature, one that people, such as yourself, felt needed enough to download it, so.. making it a QoL part of the game does in fact make sense. Downloading something for a game that you feel serves no purpose.. gonna call shenagains on that, and that sounds even more hypocritical. Would you like a shovel to keep digging?

>

> Again you are making assumptions that CC did get paid to do it again show me that for all we know he did it on his own time(theirs history from multiple games of Devs doing similar things) so keep making assumptions since no one knows if he did it while getting paid or did it as a courtesy again we don’t know. But go on keep at it. Remember that saying about assumptions.

>

Ok, you obviously know nothing about professional liberality, and honestly, I don't have the patience to teach you. So I'll say this again, if anything was said **Officially**.. then someone got paid.

> @STIHL.2489 said:

> > @Joxer.6024 said:

> > > @"Ildrid Ildhjertet.2489" said:

> > > > Just don't use it, plain and simple. If you don't want it, are scared of it, fear it, don't like the color or name just don't use it, period. Its not required to PLAY the game, simples. ;)

> > >

> > > I still want an **official** dps meter though.

> >

> > Why? If all the posts about "dps doesn't matter" and all that have any merit then there is no NEED for one to enhance or improve the game. Give us more info, sure. But name an MMO that has its own? WOW, ESO, SWTOR all use/used add ons. Just not a needed tool really.

>

> Do you use a DPS meter?

Nope, cant figure it out and its not user friendly in my opinion. If there was one that I could master I probably would, as I did in WOW and others, for self improvement only. Recount was a great tool and it showed a lot of info, of which I used to make myself "better", not harp on others.

> @Joxer.6024 said:

> > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > @Joxer.6024 said:

> > > > @"Ildrid Ildhjertet.2489" said:

> > > > > @Joxer.6024 said:

> > > > > Just don't use it, plain and simple. If you don't want it, are scared of it, fear it, don't like the color or name just don't use it, period. Its not required to PLAY the game, simples. ;)

> > > >

> > > > I still want an **official** dps meter though.

> > >

> > > Why? If all the posts about "dps doesn't matter" and all that have any merit then there is no NEED for one to enhance or improve the game. Give us more info, sure. But name an MMO that has its own? WOW, ESO, SWTOR all use/used add ons. Just not a needed tool really.

> >

> > Do you use a DPS meter?

>

> Nope, cant figure it out and its not user friendly in my opinion. If there was one that I could master I probably would, as I did in WOW and others, for self improvement only.

Glad to hear it, so you would be the poster child for Anet putting in their very own Meter.

I'll leave you with what another poster said that really sums things up nicely.

> @Verenhimo.3296 said:

>

> A developer has every need to put in, there are so many things in WoW that we're just addons that got made full fledged features over the course of the games history, you want your game to be a complete package and not have your players outsource themselves to 3rd party, sometimes resource hogging addon.

>

> And it's not like they've not taken measures to control what they feel are extremely toxic addons, remember gearscore? remember the crazy gearscore addons? and how blizzard had to curb it with average ilvl stat, remember the virtual reality addons that let you draw on the screen? so people would literally just play follow the drawn line in raids? - Blizzard has broken the API for SO, SO SO many unhealthy addons over the years.

>

> Remember how there was no ingame calendar before they imported nearly all of the work done on one calendar addon and made there own.

>

> Same with a quest tracker.

>

> Same with altasloot which served as the template for dungeon journal, postal, etcetcetc.

>

> Same with alot of things, because they went on record saying a startling amount of players play purely without addons, they need to make sure must have addons that are huge QoL are also available to the mass majority, too.

>

> @STIHL.2489 said:

> > @Joxer.6024 said:

> > > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > > > @"Ildrid Ildhjertet.2489" said:

> > > > > > @Joxer.6024 said:

> > > > > > Just don't use it, plain and simple. If you don't want it, are scared of it, fear it, don't like the color or name just don't use it, period. Its not required to PLAY the game, simples. ;)

> > > > >

> > > > > I still want an **official** dps meter though.

> > > >

> > > > Why? If all the posts about "dps doesn't matter" and all that have any merit then there is no NEED for one to enhance or improve the game. Give us more info, sure. But name an MMO that has its own? WOW, ESO, SWTOR all use/used add ons. Just not a needed tool really.

> > >

> > > Do you use a DPS meter?

> >

> > Nope, cant figure it out and its not user friendly in my opinion. If there was one that I could master I probably would, as I did in WOW and others, for self improvement only.

>

> Glad to hear it, so you would be the poster child for Anet putting in their very own Meter.

>

> I'll leave you with what another poster said that really sums things up nicely.

>

> > @Verenhimo.3296 said:

> >

> > A developer has every need to put in, there are so many things in WoW that we're just addons that got made full fledged features over the course of the games history, you want your game to be a complete package and not have your players outsource themselves to 3rd party, sometimes resource hogging addon.

> >

> > And it's not like they've not taken measures to control what they feel are extremely toxic addons, remember gearscore? remember the crazy gearscore addons? and how blizzard had to curb it with average ilvl stat, remember the virtual reality addons that let you draw on the screen? so people would literally just play follow the drawn line in raids? - Blizzard has broken the API for SO, SO SO many unhealthy addons over the years.

> >

> > Remember how there was no ingame calendar before they imported nearly all of the work done on one calendar addon and made there own.

> >

> > Same with a quest tracker.

> >

> > Same with altasloot which served as the template for dungeon journal, postal, etcetcetc.

> >

> > Same with alot of things, because they went on record saying a startling amount of players play purely without addons, they need to make sure must have addons that are huge QoL are also available to the mass majority, too.

> >

Perhaps I would at that. I would like to see GW2 get some UI love, better interface and all that. But WOW had clickable menus and that has ruined me a bit for this game in that its not really clicker friendly. But I had sooooo many add ons, don't want that again but a built in meter, sure, wouldn't hurt. I just don't get all the grief that comes from it. Either they will or they wont, period. I don't see the point of whining and crying on here to get it, unless that's how ANET works....I don't know.

(Wait, edit that last bit.... I don't get the part about a 3rd party stealing your account info, that is just odd thinking.)

> @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > > > > > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > > > > > > @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > > > > > > > For all we know CC checks them in his off time which doesn’t take or devote any resources from the game.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > LOL, you think QA and CC work off the clock.. how cute.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > This might be your hobby, but it is their job. Never forget that.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Also,, do you use a meter?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > For one CC has never said he works on it as a project for Anet or if he does it as a courtesy so Players have a reliable compliant program, so like I said for all we know he could do it in his time off(quite a few game Devs did projects like that, wow Devs, Skyrim Devs, etc), especially if Anet doesn’t let him do it on their time, but hey they might let him do it on their time, we don’t know, so it’s better to not make Assumptions and we all know the saying about Assumptions.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Do I use Meters? Not in a while, it’s still installed, but I have been focusing on PvP where Meters are next to useless and detrimental.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So please come up with some real points that don’t rely on pure speculation and assumptions.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Funny that you mention PvP. As OP mentioned, there already is DPS meter in game, it's used exactly for PvP so there is no need to create it from scratch. Thank you for providing good argument FOR implementing anet supported in game DPS meter!

> > > >

> > > > Funny that’s not a DPS meter that’s a damage recap, it shows total at end of match not actually DPS or do w need to explain what DPS stands for? And it doesn’t alert anything mid game or at a moments notice but hey pesky facts are pesky, plus That recap is highly inadequate since it doesn’t pull who did what mechanics at what specific time who failed mechanics etc. you know things that the already compliant and approved for use Combat Meter does.

> > >

> > >

> > > To present damage summary at the end it needs to count it first. It's just different data presentation. The tool is there ready to be used. But it's limited to small and irrelevant game mode. Kinda sad. Wasted effort.

> >

> > It does only count Damage done, but doesn’t show anything else that’s relevant to that damage, like players that did damage then died partway through it just shows total damage and a percentage of the team/Map, again it doesn’t show Real time DPS(you know Damage Per Second) it is nothing but a Recap, having Real time Data is great in the fact it allows you to see what can be corrected in the moment as well as after the fact. So it isn’t a dps Meter it is a Combat recap something that’s quite a bit different.

> >

> > And my comment on evading was correct.

>

> Actually, it shows the damage acclimation in real time, if you played PvP, you would know you can hit B at any time, and it will show you your scores and totals to the exact second, so not only does it keep track and record of your DPS, if you looked at it, you would see that is also keeping track of deaths, revives, healing, and a few other stats. It would be a small matter to have it calculate the % in real time as opposed to waiting to the end the match, but I wager since so few people hit B mid match, it was really not needed, but it could do it as well as since it already tracking the damage. Equally so, having it show you how much you did within a time (say a tick), would also be a small matter of having a separate line that did not do the acclimation. The system is there, it's already tracking all the info, and it's far superior to a bland DPS meter, it is simply a matter of modifying the UI to make it easier to activate, and watch.

>

> But none the less it still willy amusing to me that people think some third party program made by a hobbyist in their spare time, in their house, is going to somehow be better then something that Anet , a professional gaming company could make. The audacity is staggering really.

Oh so to see it in real-time I have to take up the majority of the screen just to see a total damage done at that point and not actual real time DPS since that’s an aggregate not a Interval based screen, not really helping yourself out there and it’s not intuitive to use by any means, gotta hit B and lose a lot of the viewable screen to see it, such real time much wow!

Hmm just a DPS meter aye?

Because overlays don’t work, with screenshots here you go https://imgur.com/a/iWtXi , Oh look I can see all Boons/sec, DPS, Boss Mechanics Failed, Skills used etc.

Combat Meters show all relevant data to the fight not just DPS, the PVP recap is a farce, since it only cares about tallying up totals, not displaying it in a coherent Real time manner that means anything, while Combat Meters show everything, and yes I believe someone that knows what they are doin and focusing solely on their Combat Meter can provide a superior product, history has shown us even the Devs have issues with the code in their game.

So again Combat Meters that are allowed show superior information that is customizable, and I wouldn’t want to see Anet waste resources to make something Players have already made in a superior fashion, and Anet seems to be of the same thought process based on all their comments on a proprietary meter; https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/DPS-meter-in-game-would-be-a-God-Send/page/5#post6417311

For those to lazy to go to the link:

>Gaile Gray

>ArenaNet Communications Manager

>Hey guys,

>We have a lot of tools that we use in the development of the game, but not all of them are available or supportable in the live game. Adding tools to the game that would require continual updating and maintenance would not be the best focus for the team. So while we’re aware that some players would like to see an official DPS meter — and clearly the community is divided on this topic — you should be aware that the team does not intend to add one to the game.”

It’s ok though, I will keep placing facts out there debasing your assumptions and misinformation and watch as the jimmies rustle while I sit back and enjoy my ?.

Ps Anet your Image loader doesn’t work on Mobile, might want to look into that!

Edited to directly link image link.

> @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> Oh so to see it in real-time I have to take up the majority of the screen just to see a total damage done at that point and not actual real time DPS since that’s an aggregate not a Interval based screen,

What part of "Modifying the UI" was lost on you?

> @STIHL.2489 said:

> > Oh so to see it in real-time I have to take up the majority of the screen just to see a total damage done at that point and not actual real time DPS since that’s an aggregate not a Interval based screen,

>

> What part of "Modifying the UI" was lost on you?

the Recap screen needs more than a ui change it needs a functionality change as well to provide more concise interval time frames instead of just aggregate data, which is all it provides currently, and then all the other functions, since there is so much more that Combat Meters do, or did you miss that too?

Again it’s wasted resources when Players provided something already superior free of charge.

? is hot an ready.

> @Joxer.6024 said:

> (Wait, edit that last bit.... I don't get the part about a 3rd party stealing your account info, that is just odd thinking.)

To explain this. When you download the program, you give it free access to your computer, all your firewalls, anti-Maleware, and anti-Viris programs go out the window, because **you** gave the program full permissions and access to your computer, so, it could data-mine your computer, and no only could you not stop it, you would have no idea what it was doing, after all.. data sent could be hidden in the fact that it is reading the combat log and processing the information.

Anet is not responsible for what any 3rd party program does to your personal system, so, if the program access all your personal information, IE: online banking, Anet is not liable in the slightest.

The only thing Anet has said, is that this program Cannot access someone else's personal information THROUGH the game client.. any other way, or accessing anything else, of course is not Anet's responsibility.

So, you are banking the entire safety of your system, on someone you know nothing about, and is under no obligation to protect or respect your privacy.

> @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > Oh so to see it in real-time I have to take up the majority of the screen just to see a total damage done at that point and not actual real time DPS since that’s an aggregate not a Interval based screen,

> >

> > What part of "Modifying the UI" was lost on you?

>

> the Recap screen needs more than a ui change it needs a functionality change as well to provide more concise interval time frames instead of just aggregate data, which is all it provides currently, and then all the other functions, since there is so much more that Combat Meters do, or did you miss that too?

It's mainly just a UI change, the data and how it's read would not need to be modified in the least.

Maybe you ought to go off and enjoy whatever this is ?as your making up stuff now. Sorry but if it is what players want, so much so, that they went though the effort to make some mock-up of what they want, then its worth it for Anet to make am Official system.