How to fail at crafting a legendary item

I've been working towards Aurora for the past months. It all ended up with me farming the Living World Season 3 maps like crazy for the map currencies.

I finally managed to collect 250 of each currency and head down to Lion's Arch to craft the item... Only to find out I can't find my Gift of Valor literally anywhere. I check the achievement, in case I've been dreaming, but it does confirm I've done Aurora: Awakening and received the gift. However, even GW2 Efficiency can't find it from anywhere in my account.

The thing is, I have absolutely no clue of what could have happened to it! I can't believe I'd be stupid enough to sell it to a vendor... and I don't know if one is even able to salvage it - not that I'd ever want to try it! Nevertheless, I must have done something, and thus blocked myself from crafting the trinket, as Gift of Valor can only be acquired once. As far as I know, there's not even a vendor, that would sell you another one, in case you misplaced the original one, as there is for some other items.

I feel so... very... proud of myself right now!

Thanks for the suggestions and empathy! I did send a ticket to the support team asking if they could help me out, right after I realized the gift can't be found anywhere. Taken how awesome they are, I'm sure they'll be able to help me out. :)

> @"Fjaeldmark.9043" said:

> The guy in Lion's Arch that sells legendary recipes has a dialogue option to recover lost legendary crafting components. I don't know if it will work for Aurora or just for the recipes he sells but it might be worth trying.

I actually did check if Grandmaster Craftsman Hobbs could save me, but unfortunately he doesn't have the Gift of Valor in his selection. Thanks for the tip, though! :)