Pet Damage Is Out Of Control

Mellow.7409

> @"Mellow.7409" said:

> 2 x 5 000 from a pet ability? That shouldn't even hit for four digits.

>

> https://imgur.com/a/mYM4685

Can only guess like some specs like splb f1 it was simply left out by mistake as I'm pretty certain the current vision the devs have on a global dps decrease doesnt include pets doing 4-5k dps.

I'm sure it will get nerfed in time.

That's an F2 ability. The ranger controlled it. Why shouldn't it "hit for four digits" ?

You could have:

1. Killed the cat. It's a cat. Cats and Birds die in literal seconds. Even less than a second in a team fight.

2. Kited the terrible pet AI.

The only pet in game currently that deserves a complaint is deer because it does random CC, random big numbers, it's tanky AF, and completely unpredictable. The smokescale also has a rando CC that should be looked at. And yes yes ranger stans, I know they aren't technically random because the pets use their CC skills as soon as they are summoned, but comon it's essentially random in actual fights don't deny it.

So anyways to the OP: No offense, but if you're complaining about anything other than the deer you might need to check yourself before posting on forums. And before you scream bias, I do run ranger but anyone who knows me will tell you that I have never run a Tiger nor a bird in my life (precisely because they instantly die and are useless pets.)

> @"Madisonlee.9641" said:

> That's an F2 ability. The ranger controlled it. Why shouldn't it "hit for four digits" ?

>

> You could have:

>

> 1. Killed the cat. It's a cat. Cats and Birds die in literal seconds. Even less than a second in a team fight.

>

> 2. Kited the terrible pet AI.

>

> The only pet in game currently that deserves a complaint is deer because it does random CC, random big numbers, it's tanky AF, and completely unpredictable. The smokescale also has a rando CC that should be looked at. And yes yes ranger stans, I know they aren't technically random because the pets use their CC skills as soon as they are summoned, but comon it's essentially random in actual fights don't deny it.

>

> So anyways to the OP: No offense, but if you're complaining about anything other than the deer you might need to check yourself before posting on forums. And before you scream bias, I do run ranger but anyone who knows me will tell you that I have never run a Tiger nor a bird in my life (precisely because they instantly die and are useless pets.)

I feel most inquiries regarding nerfing the pets are stemmed from gazelle as its really the only outlier. Once is shaved down pets are fine imo, some actually need love to see play.

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > @"Madisonlee.9641" said:

> > That's an F2 ability. The ranger controlled it. Why shouldn't it "hit for four digits" ?

> >

> > You could have:

> >

> > 1. Killed the cat. It's a cat. Cats and Birds die in literal seconds. Even less than a second in a team fight.

> >

> > 2. Kited the terrible pet AI.

> >

> > The only pet in game currently that deserves a complaint is deer because it does random CC, random big numbers, it's tanky AF, and completely unpredictable. The smokescale also has a rando CC that should be looked at. And yes yes ranger stans, I know they aren't technically random because the pets use their CC skills as soon as they are summoned, but comon it's essentially random in actual fights don't deny it.

> >

> > So anyways to the OP: No offense, but if you're complaining about anything other than the deer you might need to check yourself before posting on forums. And before you scream bias, I do run ranger but anyone who knows me will tell you that I have never run a Tiger nor a bird in my life (precisely because they instantly die and are useless pets.)

>

> I feel most inquiries regarding nerfing the pets are stemmed from gazelle as its really the only outlier. Once is shaved down pets are fine imo, some actually need love to see play.

no buffs.

> @"Madisonlee.9641" said:

> That's an F2 ability. The ranger controlled it. Why shouldn't it "hit for four digits" ?

>

> You could have:

>

> 1. Killed the cat. It's a cat. Cats and Birds die in literal seconds. Even less than a second in a team fight.

>

> 2. Kited the terrible pet AI.

>

> The only pet in game currently that deserves a complaint is deer because it does random CC, random big numbers, it's tanky AF, and completely unpredictable. The smokescale also has a rando CC that should be looked at. And yes yes ranger stans, I know they aren't technically random because the pets use their CC skills as soon as they are summoned, but comon it's essentially random in actual fights don't deny it.

>

> So anyways to the OP: No offense, but if you're complaining about anything other than the deer you might need to check yourself before posting on forums. And before you scream bias, I do run ranger but anyone who knows me will tell you that I have never run a Tiger nor a bird in my life (precisely because they instantly die and are useless pets.)

What?! Counterplay?! Heresy!

While you need a to create a specific build and setup to get this kind of and dmg from a pet & this type of pets is way too squishy to survive the team fights cleaves(even 2 vs2), it is true that cats and birds did not get the coefficient reductions other pets got and it may something A.net should look at.

From my experience so far, all the core ranger gazelle/ tiger builds, works great in 1vs1(the practice duel arena), but when it comes to real combat scenario like 2vs2, the ranger will always get focused first and most of the time will not be able to set up this combo.