WvW Participation

Senji.2048

> @"Senji.2048" said:

> I would like to address the issue of receiving rewards through wvw participation.

> Simply said:

> - remove participation from: hitting and destroying enemy structures with siege, repairing structures, killing enemy npcs

> - reduce participation period, thus encourage players to be active more often

>

> It's quite frustrating to be on a map with a queue, with people standing around, repairing walls and only occasionally joining the action, just to go afk again.

Dear Zergling,

No.

Signed

Scout.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Senji.2048" said:

> I would like to address the issue of receiving rewards through wvw participation.

> Simply said:

> - remove participation from: hitting and destroying enemy structures with siege, repairing structures, killing enemy npcs

> - reduce participation period, thus encourage players to be active more often

>

> It's quite frustrating to be on a map with a queue, with people standing around, repairing walls and only occasionally joining the action, just to go afk again.

Actually, not a terrible solution, but others have valid points about much of defending being the scouting/repairing as an important role in the game-mode.

> @"Yuffi.2430" said:

> I'd also restore manual upgrades for WvW structures to make them worth hanging on to. What's the point of defending a place when you can flip it back later and just let it auto upgrade? No investment = no worth = no fights.

That is a whole other topic, but I agree with you. The game is far too automated - investment was the thing that made people try super hard to defend. Sadly now it's just "meh, whatever", but that sometimes feels better when situations where, "there's nothing we can do" happen so very often as they do now.

> @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > @"Kovu.7560" said:

> > > > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > > > @"Kovu.7560" said:

> > > > > I'm not entirely sure why pips _need_ to be tied to a 5-minute cycle.

> > > >

> > > > In the free-to-play meta, engagement is the key word. Not how fun, but how long they can keep you logged in. Whole lectures, whole seminars devoted to tricks for keeping you looking at the gem store.

> > >

> > > I'd hardly call chilling at spawn engaging, but if the goal is to simply keep you logged in then timegating weekly rewards behind a repeating 5 minute clock will certainly accomplish that.

> > >

> >

> > It's their term, not mine.

> > You've heard of Skinner Box theory? Same idea. The idea isn't necessarily to be bored, but actually being entertained isn't either. What's important is eyes on screen, logged in time. When you're "engaged" there's a chance you'll spend. Law of averages says the more people, the more spenders. YouTube has a lot of game conference lectures that do a pretty good job of explaining the ideas in detail... I find it all a bit gross, but people hate sub fees.

> >

>

> If they want more money then show more bobs and lasagna. Kids pay a lot for those. Psychology and skinner boxes? Pffft. That's for AAA games. WvW needs to go full animu if they want to fund it.

>

> D:

Wvw players have provided ideas for wvw-related gem store purchases in the past, but none of the threads have ever been acknowledged by a dev.

The only example I remember is someone once said they'd pull out their credit card if the gem store offered a streamlined inventory separate for wvw-related tools (siege, traps/tricks, provisioner etc.) There have been plenty of ideas by the players in the past, though I'm not sure if any of those ideas made it to [this](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/348/gemstore-requests-new-items-items-offered-again/p1 "https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/348/gemstore-requests-new-items-items-offered-again/p1") thread.

If the developers truly don't care players are taking up queue spots and afk'ing for rewards, I'm at a loss to suggest solutions. Ultimately anything said in this thread is hearsay, we can only speculate what goes on behind closed doors. I think this game is mostly funded by the fashion warriors and pve'ers anyway, we're lucky to see any new content at all.

~ Kovu