How is celestial on scourge and necro in general?

Zexanima.7851

I know celestial stats are "bad" but do they at all work for a "jack of all trades, master of none" kind of build? I don't care about "optimal" obviously but is it the kind of thing you can swap up weapons/traits and go between a **fairly** effective support/power/condi builds? I'm not looking to top number charts, just be able to pull my weight on what role I spec for with traits/weapons. If not I'll just go support/condi. I only ask because I've never actually tired celestial stats.

For PvE, celestial includes toughness so you may find yourself with more aggro.

Viper's is optimal for condi dps

Berserker's is optimal for power dps

Group support is a sliding scale for traits and equipment stat's and is open to both power and condition damage builds.

Generally, support builds need Blood Magic and players equip healing stat's while avoiding toughness. Necro was always light on stability, which is needed to prevent loss of boss position control along with toughness for aggro. Necro lost Foot in the Grave so toughness is even more counterproductive in group PvE.

Death Magic is worthless outside of solo minion master activity in PvE and so is the toughness stat. The dps loss for taking it is worse than any benefit and other trait lines offer sustain options if you need it.

Despite Arenanet's perpetual balance changes, Necromancer normally runs best when equipment and traits maximize dps, even though the max does not compare well to other profession's dps.

Boon duration is useless. Toughness has no support from tanking skills. Personal sustain comes from shroud rather than healing. That makes 3 stat's on celestial that under-perform.

> @"Anchoku.8142" said:

> For PvE, celestial includes toughness so you may find yourself with more aggro.

>

> Viper's is optimal for condi dps

> Berserker's is optimal for power dps

> Group support is a sliding scale for traits and equipment stat's and is open to both power and condition damage builds.

>

> Generally, support builds need Blood Magic and players equip healing stat's while avoiding toughness. Necro was always light on stability, which is needed to prevent loss of boss position control along with toughness for aggro. Necro lost Foot in the Grave so toughness is even more counterproductive in group PvE.

>

> Death Magic is worthless outside of solo minion master activity in PvE and so is the toughness stat. The dps loss for taking it is worse than any benefit and other trait lines offer sustain options if you need it.

>

> Despite Arenanet's perpetual balance changes, Necromancer normally runs best when equipment and traits maximize dps, even though the max does not compare well to other profession's dps.

>

> Boon duration is useless. Toughness has no support from tanking skills. Personal sustain comes from shroud rather than healing. That makes 3 stat's on celestial that under-perform.

I guess I should specify better what I'm looking to do. I mainly play scourge as far as PvE goes I solo group content (bounties, ect) or run dungeons/fractals as a 2 man with my buddy. So I'm looking to support him (barrier and blood magic heals), stay alive, and do just enough damage. I was thinking full trailblaizers with a couple pieces of apothecary and shaman sprinkled in. Celestial just doesn't require me mix and matching stats and gives me a bit-o power damage. So idk, I think you're right in that it's not the best.