Do you like to see new elite specs or a new class in the new expansion?

> @"Eric.7813" said:

> Ritualist deserves to be it’s own profession. Don’t break it up into various elite specs, you’ll take something great and end up with mediocre.

Ritualist doesn't really bring anything new to the table thematically, they can easily get implemented as a new e-spec for an existing class like necromancer or revenant.

New class.

Like:

- martial arts. Kung fu, karate, taekwon-do

- shapeshifter. Many times while I play GW2, I get morped into bunny or chicken. Why not make it a profession

- shaman. Nature oriented caster/warrior that is NOT "weak excuse for a healer"

Paragon and Ritualist from GW1 would also be nice.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"Kodama.6453" said:

> >

> > > @"Eric.7813" said:

> > > Ritualist deserves to be it’s own profession. Don’t break it up into various elite specs, you’ll take something great and end up with mediocre.

> >

> > Ritualist doesn't really bring anything new to the table thematically, they can easily get implemented as a new e-spec for an existing class like necromancer or revenant.

> Actually, no, they can't. One line of skills, one new weapon set, and some changes to class mechanics (while leaving all the remaining things from the base class unchanged) are not enough to do the Ritualist justice. The new elite would be as much a ritualist as the current guardian is a monk, or paragon.

Maybe you could clarify a bit more what exactly you are missing from the ritualist in GW2?

Because mechanically, most aspects of the ritualist are implemented already. Let's take a look what ritualist had back then.

**Spirits**

Mechanically, turrets are the spirits of GW2. Stationary minion type to control an area. Sure, turrets needs work, they are not really desirable currently. But mechanically, spirits are already there.

**Signets**

We have tons of classes with signets.

**Lightning based damage spells**

Look at elementalist and engineer, we have that covered.

**Ashes**

Engineer kits are the GW2 version of ashes, Anet confirmed that in the very beginning if I am not mistaken. Yes, they have differences, but both create bundles in hand to replace your current weapon. And they have to give you new weapon spells, because unlike in GW1, you can't fill a whole bar with just spells without using any weapon. This has been their way to give us ashes in the new design philosophy of GW2.

**Weapon enchantments**

This is literally the only thing that ritualist has that didn't make it into GW2. Not sure how they could implement this, but could be interesting. I liked the weapon enchantments in GW1, so getting a ritualist elite spec for this would be fine.

Thematically however, ritualist really doesn't bring anything that we can't already find in other classes. We have symmetry thanks to the revenant now, 3 classes for each armor type. Why would you want to break this again?

> @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > >

> > > > @"Eric.7813" said:

> > > > Ritualist deserves to be it’s own profession. Don’t break it up into various elite specs, you’ll take something great and end up with mediocre.

> > >

> > > Ritualist doesn't really bring anything new to the table thematically, they can easily get implemented as a new e-spec for an existing class like necromancer or revenant.

> > Actually, no, they can't. One line of skills, one new weapon set, and some changes to class mechanics (while leaving all the remaining things from the base class unchanged) are not enough to do the Ritualist justice. The new elite would be as much a ritualist as the current guardian is a monk, or paragon.

>

> Maybe you could clarify a bit more what exactly you are missing from the ritualist in GW2?

>

> Because mechanically, most aspects of the ritualist are implemented already. Let's take a look what ritualist had back then.

>

> **Spirits**

> Mechanically, turrets are the spirits of GW2. Stationary minion type to control an area. Sure, turrets needs work, they are not really desirable currently. But mechanically, spirits are already there.

>

> **Signets**

> We have tons of classes with signets.

>

> **Lightning based damage spells**

> Look at elementalist and engineer, we have that covered.

>

> **Ashes**

> Engineer kits are the GW2 version of ashes, Anet confirmed that in the very beginning if I am not mistaken. Yes, they have differences, but both create bundles in hand to replace your current weapon. And they have to give you new weapon spells, because unlike in GW1, you can't fill a whole bar with just spells without using any weapon. This has been their way to give us ashes in the new design philosophy of GW2.

>

> **Weapon enchantments**

> This is literally the only thing that ritualist has that didn't make it into GW2. Not sure how they could implement this, but could be interesting. I liked the weapon enchantments in GW1, so getting a ritualist elite spec for this would be fine.

Yes, you are right - engineer is basically a ritualist reskin with a technological aestethics. So, in theory, we're covered. And yet people still keep asking about ritualist. Why? It's like i said in the post before - the theme and aestethics are very important in how a class gets received. Even if ritualist was nothing else than ritualist-themed reskin of engineer, with the only change in skill names and visuals, it would still appeal to a different players, many of whom simply do not like engineer as it is now. And that's the core class. Scrapper and Holo do not really fit the ritualist theme, and it would be much harder to reskin those appropriately.

Now, if we get into Ritualist being an elite spec to an already existing class, it won't work. Why? Because all the already existing classes already have certain skillsets and thematics in their _core_ classes that would clash with ritualist aestethics.

>

> Thematically however, ritualist really doesn't bring anything that we can't already find in other classes. We have symmetry thanks to the revenant now, 3 classes for each armor type. Why would you want to break this again?

Like i said, the symmetry currently is _still_ broken. We do have 3 classes per armor type, but we do not have 3 classes per HP value (due to having 2 medium armor medium hp classes, and no medium armor high hp one)

And as for not bringing anything that we can't already find in other classes, if redundancy was a reason not to have a class, we could make do with only 4. One power DPS, one condi dps, one support, one heal. No reason to have more, after all.

Besides, i liked Ritualist. Sue me.