New expansion, a chance for branching storyline?

So we have a new expansion coming and I was thinking, wouldn't be great if we could get a good branching storyline with a few, 2 or 3 different rpg paths that make interesting replaying the expansion story?

I think the vanilla game made it good with the different factions, I replayed more than 3 times to see al the options.

What do you guys think? Leaving aside if it is possible or not, is it something you would also like to get in the expansion?

> @"Dantert.1803" said:

> So we have a new expansion coming and I was thinking, wouldn't be great if we could get a good branching storyline with a few, 2 or 3 different rpg paths that make interesting replaying the expansion story?

> I think the vanilla game made it good with the different factions, I replayed more than 3 times to see al the options.

> What do you guys think? Leaving aside if it is possible or not, is it something you would also like to get in the expansion?

I would **love** the return of player choice during story play. <3 Been lamenting its abolition for years!

I would love for something like this.

PoF gave us a choice that affected npc dialog and some achievements/rewards. It was nice, but ultimately didn't change replayability at all. Replaying for the different factions was just the same thing over again with a different reward.

HoT gave us choices that meant doing different story missions. And that gave it more replayability. It was nice that it gave different missions, but in the end didn't have any noticeable lasting effect.

They should combine these two things.

Have our choices lead to different missions and affect the npcs/their dialog around us. Include some clientside visual affects as well if possible with different banners. Maybe have some buildings in a city that are open or closed depending on your choice with some vendors in them that sell additional faction based rewards.