Fun Short Term Goals?

I've been working on my legendary weapon for who knows how long now and i only have the Mystic Tribute left to get, but since every step to crafting the thing takes such a long time I can't say i've felt much satisfaction or progress along the way. I've left and returned to the game several times since starting to craft it, but in the hour of playtime i have available in my day I never really find much to do except the usual farms. Suffice to say it's unlikely i'll bother with such a large undertaking in this game again, at least not actively.

There are plenty of other long term goals in this game, but what short term goals (besides going through the latest story chapter) are there that make you keep coming back to have fun on? Every time i come back to the game i only see things that i need to invest serious time in and i struggle to find something fun to do in the moment that gives me a good feeling of progress in a short time period. What keeps you logging in everyday (addiction aside)?

Usually finishing off a new content drop (the basics like the map, story etc) or completing a chapter on an alt.

If I want an even shorter fix, ill log a toon at a map and play random events there for no reason that having fun. Bloodstone Fen, VB or silverwastes are go to maps for me, but there are plenty of other options for anyone

Strike missions are also perfect for this

I like going back to old maps that have collections like “find all the coins.” Just to do it and go “oh it is fun to revisit this place.” As I run around I help people, do side missions, if the meta pops up while I am there. etc. it is easy, fun, and a small sense of accomplishment. Also it is “bite size” for when you want to check something off your list but have only and hour or two that evening.