300 gems Mount Adopting License -urgent- question

Sale ends in few hours, this is the reason to urge an answer:-)

I own only the basic Raptor skin, seems to me a nice idea to have a choice, my doubt is about when they say they will give you randomly one skin that you don't already own, do they also include those that I couldn't use yet, like Springers and so on? I wouldn't want to get a mount I couldn't ride... Thanks.

You could get any of the 30 skins available, including ones for mounts you don't own yet.

When this licence was first released quite a few people complained that they got a griffon skin even though they didn't have the griffon unlocked and had no intention of getting it. That was part of the reason later licence packs had the option to choose which skin you got (for a higher price), but this one was never updated to include select licences because people had already bought random licences who wouldn't have done so if that option had been available.

Since time is of the essence... I'll tell you what I _think_ to be true:

Yes, if I recall correctly. You CAN get skins for mounts that you have NOT yet unlocked with that type of license. (Maybe someone else can chime in more definitively.)

Good LUCK! :smile:

dont worry about it. You get the skimmer and springer fairly fast in the pof story. And jackal doesnt take too much time to unlock. Though the griffon is pretty much the only outlier. And skyscale have only been added to the later mountpacks.

Also, you can buy choice mount licenses, allowing you pick the one you want. But is more expensive than the random one.

> @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> Also, you can buy choice mount licenses, allowing you pick the one you want. But is more expensive than the random one.

Not for the original mount licence, the one just called Mount Adoption Licence (which is what's currently on sale).

That was the first one released and I think at the time Anet intended to only offer themed packs and random skins, possibly all though the same licence, just adding more skins as time went on. The reaction was less than positive, so a few days after the licence was first released Anet announced that no new skins would be added to the licence so eventually you'd be able to get them all if you wanted to, and that future mount skin packs would include a way to choose the one you wanted. (There was a second backlash when that turned out to be 3x as expensive, but that time Anet stuck by their decision...although the select licences do occasionally go on sale.)