> > > NO.

> > >

> > > For the Xth time.

> > > Too much dev time for a cosmetic change

> > >

> > >

> > > Now stop

> >

> > No. I am allowed to express a desire for something even if it's highly unlikely to happen.

>

> Then can you keep it all in ONE thread, and not 23 threads daily?

I'm not the one making the threads so not really up to me. But I do agree that multiple threads is unnecessary.

> @Mewcifer.5198 said:

> > @"Endless Soul.5178" said:

> > > @Mewcifer.5198 said:

> > > > @Dandaros.8491 said:

> > > > NO.

> > > >

> > > > For the Xth time.

> > > > Too much dev time for a cosmetic change

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Now stop

> > >

> > > No. I am allowed to express a desire for something even if it's highly unlikely to happen.

> >

> > Then can you keep it all in ONE thread, and not 23 threads daily?

>

> I'm not the one making the threads so not really up to me. But I do agree that multiple threads is unnecessary.

On, no no Mew, I meant you as in "all you people who want new races", not you, you. You and me, we're good.

_~yawns~_

It's 6:30am for me, I need some coffee.

Hot Take:

Alternate playable races were a mistake that negatively affected the amount of armor arenanet was able to do for players on release and moving forward. It's like they learned the lesson about the complexity baloon with the old skill system and came up with a creative approach but decided that somehow it would take less man hours to extrapolate out armor designs for not only multiple genders, but multiple body physiologies.

I'm not saying remove races, but I can't help but wonder how many more armor options we'd have if they went the route of the first game's human-only characters with a wide variety of ethnicities and cultures to add uniqueness, and combined it with the simpler medium/light/heavy armor classes rather than the class- specific designs used in GW1.

> @PopeUrban.2578 said:

> Hot Take:

>

> Alternate playable races were a mistake that negatively affected the amount of armor arenanet was able to do for players on release and moving forward. It's like they learned the lesson about the complexity baloon with the old skill system and came up with a creative approach but decided that somehow it would take less man hours to extrapolate out armor designs for not only multiple genders, but multiple body physiologies.

>

> I'm not saying remove races, but I can't help but wonder how many more armor options we'd have if they went the route of the first game's human-only characters with a wide variety of ethnicities and cultures to add uniqueness, and combined it with the simpler medium/light/heavy armor classes rather than the class- specific designs used in GW1.

Honestly if GW2 only had human races I probably never would have played it.

I mean, at this point in the story would they really _have_ to retroactively involve a new race in all of the base/HoT/PoF storyline?

I feel like the number people crying butthurt that they can't play through the story up until a certain point on a specific newer race several years down the road would not be many.

Up until this point Anet has kept all of their aesthetic and mechanical content relevant to the expansion itself. If they were to introduce a new race there would be some reason that race got involved with the story, and would therefore be present for everything in the _future_.

That said, it'd be a lot of work for many of the reasons mentioned in this thread, and that would only increase the upkeep Anet would need to maintain for something almost entirely aesthetic.

I'm not bothered one way or another. I only play one race, anyway.

~ Kovu

> @Kovu.7560 said:

> I mean, at this point in the story would they really _have_ to retroactively involve a new race in all of the base/HoT/PoF storyline?

> I feel like the number people crying kitten that they can't play through the story up until a certain point on a specific newer race several years down the road would not be many.

> Up until this point Anet has kept all of their aesthetic and mechanical content relevant to the expansion itself. If they were to introduce a new race there would be some reason that race got involved with the story, and would therefore be present for everything in the _future_.

>

> That said, it'd be a lot of work for many of the reasons mentioned in this thread, and that would only increase the upkeep Anet would need to maintain for something almost entirely aesthetic.

>

> I'm not bothered one way or another. I only play one race, anyway.

>

> ~ Kovu

Right now the options would be:

Remove any race-specific dialog from HoT/PoF for the new race, dialog that is required but is race specific would have to be replaced with a generic line without mention of race. They would be able to play through it, but they wouldn't get any fun race specific nuggets. Or just not let them play those stories.

Either way there would have to be a new personal story made for them. One to either retroactively make a new race commander possible from the beginning. Or one to add a new race commander into the storyline wherever it happens to be at when/if they decide to add a new race.

> @Mewcifer.5198 said:

> Honestly if GW2 only had human races I probably never would have played it.

Same here. I'm not interested in playing as a human in fantasy games, that's why I never played the first Guild Wars.

It's also why I tried GW2 so late: most of the race options seemed boring. Whereas if this game had had Tengu from the start, I would've pre-ordered it. Because that's not something that I've seen thousand times in other MMOs. (Charr are also unique, but they weren't a big draw for me because I'm not a cat person. Been playing one as an alt though, and it's slowly growing on me.)

Just for fun, knowing it wont happen, I'd like:

Bird people like from The Dark Crystal/Egyptian mythology.

Dwarves like from Norse mythology.

Deer/elk people like from Celtic Mythology.

Demons like Zenith the Warlock from 2000AD.

Skeletons like from Army of Darkness.

But mostly the bird people for some reason. Don't know why, just do.

> @Mewcifer.5198 said:

> > @PopeUrban.2578 said:

> > Hot Take:

> >

> > Alternate playable races were a mistake that negatively affected the amount of armor arenanet was able to do for players on release and moving forward. It's like they learned the lesson about the complexity baloon with the old skill system and came up with a creative approach but decided that somehow it would take less man hours to extrapolate out armor designs for not only multiple genders, but multiple body physiologies.

> >

> > I'm not saying remove races, but I can't help but wonder how many more armor options we'd have if they went the route of the first game's human-only characters with a wide variety of ethnicities and cultures to add uniqueness, and combined it with the simpler medium/light/heavy armor classes rather than the class- specific designs used in GW1.

>

Same, wouldn't even give gw2 a chance if they had only humans/humans with minor changes.

> @Mewcifer.5198 said:

> > @PopeUrban.2578 said:

> > Hot Take:

> >

> > Alternate playable races were a mistake that negatively affected the amount of armor arenanet was able to do for players on release and moving forward. It's like they learned the lesson about the complexity baloon with the old skill system and came up with a creative approach but decided that somehow it would take less man hours to extrapolate out armor designs for not only multiple genders, but multiple body physiologies.

> >

> > I'm not saying remove races, but I can't help but wonder how many more armor options we'd have if they went the route of the first game's human-only characters with a wide variety of ethnicities and cultures to add uniqueness, and combined it with the simpler medium/light/heavy armor classes rather than the class- specific designs used in GW1.

>

Yes, I wouldn't have played either. I have 16 characters, only one is human, and I barely play that one. Humans are _booooring_

Lol people say it would be too hard to make a personal story and start zone.. what they refuse to realize is that yes, they already have a start zone and lore. I'm seeing people are saying that a-net said it's not going to happen, they said it's unlikely but if they did it would be tengu.. That being said, a-net DID tell us they were never going to give us mounts because of how it breaks the game and it takes away the fun of map making which we can see in the pof maps, they are all huge, flat, and empty compared to most of the base game and hot, I can definitely see them adding a tengu race. I think as a community we just need to let Arena net know how much we really want it to happen and drop this whole pessimism BS. Also about all this retroactive stuff and needing to make a whole new story for the pact for tengu, I bet you only played through the story once. The second you go to choose one of the three factions it's all cut and paste between all races, meaning that a male chart, female charr, human male, human female. They all have the same exact script and like every other race. They aren't mentioned. It would not break any sort of story if a tengu lead the pact or fought dragons!

> @Samnang.1879 said:

> agreed with the comments that new race doesn't add anything to the game... + it takes too much resource.

> personally prefer a new class, or new pve/instanced content, world bosses.

it would take some resources, but it would also motivate players to reuse most of the existing content...a ton of new alts going through all of tyria

they already have too many world bosses, adding more is just a waste of time

To be honest, i would love Tengu, and as it was intended to be there all along, some work must have gone in to that already, so its not like they have to start from scratch.

Having said that, i would not hold my breath about them ever releasing a new race.

What i would love as an alternative though, awakened remodels of all races in the total makeover kit!

Which is cheaper to implement, and no impact other then cosmetics!