Revenant Stances changed? (last played when the mounts came out)

Humor.5763

Hello all,

So I've been around, on and off ever since the beta/Launch of Guild Wars 2. Recently I've just come back after a long time, or at least I think it's been a while. Last thing I did was get the new expansion, get a Raptor mount, and quit shortly after.

So, last time I played, my Revenant (Now a Renegade), used to be able to use stances without hurting himself, I would always use the Assassin Stance for mobility reasons, either to escape combat while you're NOT in combat.... Can't believe that hasn't changed in all these years, or simply to make a hasty retreat, and heal up, so I could head back into the fight.

My initial thought when I came back and seen that it added stacks of Torment was "Okay.... I can see how it was a little cheap before on the Assassin stance, and could see how PvP wise it would kind of be bad, sure... Lets make a penalty for using it", I suppose it made sense.

Then switching to the Dwarven stance, so I could use my spinning hammers to get rid of turrets and such quicker, because weapons/skills aren't exactly fast with the Revenant (Using Mace/Axe combo), and turrets seem to take a "Set" amount of damage, opposed to actually taking the full damage you're actually dealing.

Anyways, I just seen someone using the Assassin stance not too long ago, and he didn't have any Stacks of Torment at all while using the speed boost. Is this possible, and if so, how would I go about doing it now? It's kind of ruining my Dps, seeing how I recieve 6 stacks of torment in the matter of seconds.

Sounds like you are using Mallyx as well, they have some self inflicting torment traits. Then to blow them to enemies.

Pain Absorbsion

Legendary Demon. Grant resistance to yourself and nearby allies. Absorb conditions from those allies, gaining additional resistance per condition.

Conditions Transferred: 1

Resistance (2s): Conditions currently on you are ineffective; stacks duration.

Self-Resistance per Condition (1s): Conditions currently on you are ineffective; stacks duration.

Number of targets.png Number of Targets: 5

Range: 600

Breaks stun

Major Adept Replenishing Despair 1 While maintaining an upkeep skill, your energy pips are increased, but you apply torment to yourself every interval.

yeah, what lucianDK said. Its a trait in mallyx thats meant to help build up condi's on yourself so you can transfer them onto foes with Mallyx true nature (the glint f2 ability) and legend swap with the 3rd grandmaster trait in mallyx. A lot of traits have been changed recently and a lot of things have been gutted, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to have a thorough lookthrough of all the new traits and everything. Invocation and devestation are the other two other trait lines that have recieved the most changes on rev.