Sniper, no sniping!

Randalph.9172

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"TheBravery.9615" said:

> > @"briggah.7910" said:

> > i never get why people can't fight when the commander dies. are you all just followers?

>

> idk m8 I just hold 1 and W

So do all the other bandwagon blobs. Enemy commanders make them hit a second or third skill, and it makes them uncomfortable. It's why you see 60 man blobs pin snipe the tag on the maybe 25 size squad over and over. They want to fight doors, and the enemy tag is making them actually have to wait to take things.

The funny part is most people these days trying to snipe the commander aren't even sniping the person commanding. Or rather *trying* to snipe them lol but this new meta is kinda pointless to do that when you can just turtle heal each other with like 99% mitigation of all damage and just wait 30 mins for everything to just die that tries to break you shell.

In my opinion it's a useful strategy to take out the commander of an enemy zerg, leaving his group in chaos and allowing your team to wipe them. When servers were separated my server had a low population that played in WvW and it was one of the methods we employed to be able to take on numbers that were double or even triple our size and win. It wasn't done simply to troll, it was to get an edge over a much larger force.

> @"Randalph.9172" said:

> I was just wondering what the actual point of sniping an enemy commander _constantly_ is? Is it to kill the content and go back to fighting doors/walls? Or is it just for lol's?

> I am struggling to think of an actual reason why so many people do this. Please enlighten me!

Com snipping is normal. That's why commanders must run tanky. Because they lead the team. Kill the head, the body follows.

You get used to it. And if you die, don't let it get to you.

---

For all my commanding for the past few months, everyday was getting sniped day. You figure it out.

> @"Luranni.9470" said:

> Reminds me of the ole auto-assist script in warhammer.... you killed the target maker and all the other players just stopped dead and milled around looking confused. If you get utterly disabled at the loss of ONE player... Might I suggest yer doin it wrong? :D

We don't have auto-assist script in GW2, yet it still happens more or less this way (except with less stopping dead and more running around like a headless chicken) ;)

There needs to be a Headless Chicken Meta for this game mode. Should organize a gathering on all servers of the Headless Renegade that brings the Headless Dwarf and The Headless Charr ghosts. Some scrappers to stealth so can there can be a sudden ambush of charr ghosts all around the enemy and venom share the ghosts too while y er at it. It will be glorious and call it headless charr sniping don't need no chickens with this warband.