How duelist supposed to rotate and what its main objectives that should chase?

Murshid.9854

I'm strong duelist were I win around 90% of my 1v1 and even 2v2 but on the other hand I melt instantly on teamfights and can't banker 2v1 ganks for long time, as a duelist what is the rotations that I must do?

1. For example at the start of the game I went close and capped the point, should I rush far or continue to defend close or go mid to try to pick someone off?

2. If the opponent have thief that constantly decap close should I stay close as long as the thief is around or what i should do cause he instantly decap the moment he see me move from close.

If you have any general tips for rotations feel free to write them.

Always help mid if they lack someone, winning the fights allow for pts and capping, if you can see it's a loss call them to peel off mid then defend what you already have.

Should you have anything to chase that Thief then do it, if not it's better to win fights first then go for the caps because the other team is always -1 while if you're camping home your team is -1, as long as it doesn't take too long of course, because otherwise that time wasted in mid could cost a lot of pts for sides not being yours.

If people say they can take 4v5 guess you can protect home but that's rather unusual unless the other team not doing well at all.

It entirely depends how the enemy team is playing. If they've got a thief with a really big hard-on for decapping close, or a bunker that keeps doing nothing else other than running there, then it can be worth sitting on close, assuming the rest of your team can hold their own elsewhere. But if they're only occasionally going to decap, then sitting there afk is not a good idea.

If you can't stay alive in a 1v2 for at least 30 seconds, you shouldn't be going far, at least not for more than a cheeky decap. It's right where they respawn, you will be getting outnumbered there sooner or later. If you see 2 of them coming from spawn, and you know you can't hold the 1v2 for long, then just leave, it's not worth dying to hold a node for 5 seconds.

In team-fights, you don't have to run straight into the middle and die. You can poke from around the edges, pick off vulnerable casters, etc.

If you're playing a duelist, being able to hold a 1v2 long enough for your team to get a lead somewhere else or for you to get +1ed is part of the job description. You aren't playing the role properly if you can't/aren't prepared for it.

In fact, since you're asking what your objectives should be, pushing outnumbered fights and holding them is one of the main things a duelist does. That doesn't mean mindlessly hold down your movement key into a lost teamfight with 3 of your team already in the downstate, only to die yourself seconds later. It takes experience knowing what you can and can't get away with to buy your team time. In most cases, dying at all, regardless if you were 1v2, 1v3, or even 1v4 is the absolute worst thing you can do, unless you held them for a SIGNIFICANT amount of time to where your team was able to create a massive lead. In that case however you would wonder why they never came to rotate into you and create a winning fight with numbers.

Your primary objective is to not die. Regardless of what you are 1v1ing or how many players you are holding. If you're in a losing 1v1, just leave it before it gets too bad and rotate somewhere else. Take note next time not to push a 1v1 with that player/spec. If you're holding a 1v2, and you know you're going to die soon, try to get out before it would be too late or if you know there is absolutely no escape die on the node so the enemy is forced to stomp you instead of let you bleed out in downstate. Having good map awareness is crucial to being able to survive a +1. For example, you pushed far and you see that your team lost mid while they were outnumbered before your home cap could get there. You know that there are likely going to be 1 or more enemies pushing into you pretty soon, so you can get yourself in a good position before they get there so you can survive and kite for even longer. This makes it much harder to die and gives your team a chance to make a comeback.

As for other objectives, you need to use your map to know where to go next. Usually I prefer to push far right out the gate, because I know I can win the 1v1 relatively quickly. Worst case my team will be 3v4 mid until our home cap is able to get to mid, or the enemy will have their own far pusher and we have a 1v1 on each side node and a 3v3 on mid. If my team loses mid I know I can hold an outnumbered fight for quite awhile in order for them to come back and snowball other areas of the map together, while the enemy is focused on me.

It's also worth mentioning the way you play when outnumbered changes completely. You can almost completely disregard the node, your new objective is to just waste the most amount of time possible while you have more than one enemy with you. If you do a good enough job a lot of the time one of them will even rotate out because they know even if they can kill you eventually, it's going to waste so much time their team is going to be behind because of it. This is good because it gives you another 1v1 you can win and make more decisions from there. Learning kite spots on each map and node is helpful when playing this way as they will help you live significantly longer. Most duelists can't hold an outnumbered fight standing strictly on node, just using their block and evade skills until eventually they die. Hell a lot of duelists can't even hold 1v1s fighting strictly on node. That doesn't mean they are bad duelists either. Leaving node is perfectly okay if it means you win the fight, or you waste multiple enemies time while outnumbered.

> @"Murshid.9854" said:

> I'm strong duelist were I win around 90% of my 1v1 and even 2v2 but on the other hand I melt instantly on teamfights and can't banker 2v1 ganks for long time, as a duelist what is the rotations that I must do?

> 1. For example at the start of the game I went close and capped the point, should I rush far or continue to defend close or go mid to try to pick someone off?

> 2. If the opponent have thief that constantly decap close should I stay close as long as the thief is around or what i should do cause he instantly decap the moment he see me move from close.

>

> If you have any general tips for rotations feel free to write them.

If the enemy has a thief then they will always go and decap if you play 3 nodes, if you play a 2 node game rotating the team fight to the node your enemy has each time you win (and you should win a 4v3 or 5v4) then the thief can go and decap anytime they want but you will always be keeping a node ticking (usually leave a 1v1 class mid to prevent decap and keep it while your team rotates in) as well as kills and the extra node for you.

If you cap home and no-one has come go far via the outer edge of the mid team fight. If you can pick one off do so, if you see the guy from enemy node on the way engage and win that fight or try to lure them away from the mid fight back to their node. If as you say you're really bad in a team fight pulling someone who's better than you out of the teamfight they are better than you in is a winning move.

This is actually how you beat players that are a lot better than you, you keep them in a 1v1 and don't die, you don't have to win the fight just keep them sitting on a node instead of snowballing your team.