Everyone just runs away in WVW

mikdepadua.8376

> @"Besetment.9187" said:

> A significant number of people in WvW also don't want anything to do with WvW and are just there for dailies and free mystic clovers to finish their legendary. What can you do? You can pick on them if you want and plenty of people do, but 2v1ing a PvE ranger trying to get his camp capture daily is just sad. You can do better than that.

That ranger is totally me lol. Even with my lack of WvW experience, I can usually tell which players are "just there for dailies" and which are "looking for fights." Unfortunately, the latter aren't necessarily looking for fair fights, as demonstrated by their tendency to deliberately outnumber and/or chase down obvious solos, low ranks, zerg-builds, and PvEers. That's fine and all if that makes them feel good. But then they jump on bodies, drop siege, or do rude emotes on top of that and wonder why the player base is dwindling.

I'm still waiting for someone to kick me to the curb, bow, and let me revive and be on my way, once they've proven their superiority over a lowbie who wasn't looking for a fight. Guess that's hoping for too much.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"mikdepadua.8376" said:

> I've been playing sPVP for a while and recently started doing some world vs world. I also play ESO for reference btw. Everything in GW2 is better than ESO in all aspects (the responsiveness of the game/ the mechanics/ the classes) except for one: no one wants to fight in WVW as compared to cyrodiil. Everyone just runs away, or fights you for a while before porting back in their towers.

>

> Everyone just seems to just want to zerg. Don't get me wrong, ball groups are fun and all, but i want small scale fights or duels while roaming the map. Am I doing something wrong here?

>

> I really want to enjoy WVW GW2, because I like every single aspect of this game over ESO except the large scale pvp experience (which is the most important game mode for me), so advice would be nice.

Pro-tip: play on reset night in the few hours _before_ reset. The outcome will be already determined so people often wander around looking for fun, random things to do instead of zerging up for max effectiveness, and there's often lots of people online while they're waiting to play at reset. You should be able to find small group action and people less afraid of dying then.

> @"Twilight Tempest.7584" said:

> > @"Besetment.9187" said:

> > A significant number of people in WvW also don't want anything to do with WvW and are just there for dailies and free mystic clovers to finish their legendary. What can you do? You can pick on them if you want and plenty of people do, but 2v1ing a PvE ranger trying to get his camp capture daily is just sad. You can do better than that.

>

> That ranger is totally me lol. Even with my lack of WvW experience, I can usually tell which players are "just there for dailies" and which are "looking for fights." Unfortunately, the latter aren't necessarily looking for fair fights, as demonstrated by their tendency to deliberately outnumber and/or chase down obvious solos, low ranks, zerg-builds, and PvEers. That's fine and all if that makes them feel good. But then they jump on bodies, drop siege, or do rude emotes on top of that and wonder why the player base is dwindling.

>

> I'm still waiting for someone to kick me to the curb, bow, and let me revive and be on my way, once they've proven their superiority over a lowbie who wasn't looking for a fight. Guess that's hoping for too much.

./rockout is the new bow. :3

Not going to deny, I will run/avoid certain people for several reasons.

They are in a known Gank/cheese guild for example systematic abuse (SA)- avoid these guys much as possible.

Somebody I've lost to already several times.

If I will be outnumbered. Was called a p*ssy and scared to be ganked by A WSR player for not engaging in a 1v8...

When I was new to WvW I would always try to avoid other players. Noticed a 50/50 chance of being ignored or being set upon as an easy bag.

If my build is countered by another I will avoid a fight.

If I'm running a different class/build I will practice first on camps/NPC's first before moving up to other players.

Though if set upon I will stand and fight. I may lose or win. I will also enter 1v1's if roaming or taking a camp.