Shield Stance Suggestion

Edge.8724

Hey there, just throwing a lil suggestion here. Feel free to comment what you feel.

Shield for warrior lacks something.

Shield Bash (4) is ok in my opinion though the stun duration could be increased a little bit.

Shield Stance (5) "Block attacks for 3 seconds". That's it. Nothing fancy like engineer, mesmer or guardian.

I'd like to add a little something.

Shield Stance, blocks attacks for 3 seconds (same cooldown as before). If an attack is blocked, gain access to a secondary skill (you can activate it or not) that dazes the ennemy for 1 second, recharge your burst skill and gain a temporary "Parry Stance" effect which gives 150 ferocity for 3 seconds.

-You can only activate it while you block.

Something like this.

What do you think? Yay or nay?

@"Edge.8724" Do you want to here something REALY stupid? Look at Warriors shield skills and then on Ranger Greatsword skills:

Warrior:

**Shield Bash**: Bash your foe and stun them (20 seconds cd; 3/4 seconds animation; 2 seconds Stun); 8 Damage

**Shield Stance**: Block attacks (30 Seconds cd(25 seconds cd in PvE) 3 seconds Duration)

Ranger:

**Counter Attac**k: Block incoming attacks (3 Seconds duration) If an attack is be Blocked "**Counter attack kick**" can be used (Counter attack 25 seconds cd)

**Counter Attack "Kick"**: kick your foe, knocking them backwards(300 knockback on 3 foes; 3/4 evadetime) 1.157 Damage

**Hilt Bash**: Daze foe with Hilt Bash, stun them, if you hit from behind, and refresh you maul abillity (20 seconds cd; 1,5 seconds daze; 1,5 seconds stun)

Edit: As you could see they hard nerf warriors shield stance cause it could get 1 stack might per blocking attack if you trait it, while let the gs skills from ranger untouched ,while the gs ranger skills are far more better than the warriors shield......

Like should rly a Greatsword be a better defence weapon than a shield?! I dont think so and hoping for anet doing something about this stupid thing.

P.S. They should take a look at condition Builds as well.... like condition Builds doing a higher direct burst damage than power Build while having more defence witch is hard stupid"

(Sry for my bad english here! xd)

Warrior's shield 5 ability might have less effects added on it, but it has it's upsides over the skills of the other classes.

Engineer 5 has a longer cooldown and blocks for a short duration (2 seconds vs warrior's 3 seconds).

Herald is not able to move during the block channel, unlike the warrior.

Guardians just block projectiles and push back, meaning that you can approach again and hit them in melee range.

Also the effects you want to add are really overloaded. You may add 1 effect of these, but all 3 would be absolute insanity. 150 ferocity for 3 seconds, recharging your burst skill **and** dazing the enemy for 1 seconds is really alot.

Shield stance is fine and doesn't need change. It is already a powerful defensive skill when paired with Shield Master and it's reflects.

I know i may feel bland because it doesn't have 5 different effects, but some times bland is good. Not all skills need a convoluted mess of chains and effects.

I wouldn't mind new skill available after successful block that would improve physical feel of the warrior shield. Something like Counterattack Kick but actually bashing enemy with the shield, multiple times, up close and personal. Yes!

Or imagine Shield Bash as the skill gained on successful block and instead of Shield Bash, new skill would be added that hits rapidly multiple times and applies daze each hit with appropriate damage.

However, I think shield is fine as it is now, other offhands need more love than shield, especially sword.