Berserk increase attack speed

Aigleborgne.2981

Berserk has Attack Speed Increase: 15% but it is not stacking with anything.

I agree that quickness should be an upper limit with 50% IAS (increase attack speed).

But a berserker should get stacking IAS with Berserk and Dual Wield to get a 35% IAS.

As it stands now, if you run Dual Wield, you gain no attack speed benefit from Berserk, it is counter-productive.

And since most of damage comes from Berserk, Dual Wield only bring a small 5% IAS.

Please note that it is a matter of beeing OP or not. If it would be OP, then I would redesign Dual Wield to something else, so it could stack with Berserk. On OP subject, Reaper get a perma quickness in reaper shroud. Just saying Dual Wield should be powerful too!

I like to dual wield weapons and the concepts of berserker, but such a limitation disgusting.

> @"Lighter.5631" said:

> i actually hope they can rework heightened focus, 2.5 second with 15 ICD on 50% and lower HP feels useless as a grand master..90% would be good

It is 5s in PvE, which is nice when you play solo.

> @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> Just make Berserk pulse Quickness and Superspeed instead of granting them once. It would help both DPS and help with anti-kiting/kiting

It would be OP to have both.

> @"Aigleborgne.2981" said:

> > @"Lighter.5631" said:

> > i actually hope they can rework heightened focus, 2.5 second with 15 ICD on 50% and lower HP feels useless as a grand master..90% would be good

>

> It is 5s in PvE, which is nice when you play solo.

>

> > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > Just make Berserk pulse Quickness and Superspeed instead of granting them once. It would help both DPS and help with anti-kiting/kiting

>

> It would be OP to have both.

>

Quickness can be stripped, and warrior has serious issues with being kitted so I call BS.

Besides if a Reaper can pulse quickness and have +300 Ferocity and +33 crit chance with no downside (there is no downside shush) then Berserker can pulse quickness and superspeed along with its inverted stats. I'd be okay if the superspeed and quickness refreshed on a Primal Burst hit though, but Anet needs to move away from the gain X on Burst hit sh!te.

> @"Aigleborgne.2981" said:

> It is 5s in PvE, which is nice when you play solo.

Tbh, it is really useless trait compared to other two in PvE. If you want to use builds that actually do damage, you will end up with axes, and with Axe Mastery (which is a must for power Berserker) or Burst Mastery trait. Condi berserker in solo situations is imo a lot worse than power berserker as you need high alacrity and quickness uptime in order to outperform power. You can guess if Hightened Focus is enough for that. I can't think of any build that would use Hightened Focus to gain significant advantage or dps gain compared to using other two traits.

The trait does too little for a grandmaster trait compared to other two.

What about hitting enemy with lower HP % than warrior grants quickness (2 sec quickness, 15 sec ICD) and revealing enemy also grants quickness (2 sec quickness, 15 sec ICD - not shared with the 1st ICD)? Even add bonus damage (like 20%) against revealed enemies on top of that. The point is to make the trait competetive with other two and even better in certain situations.

___

Now to the topic

The attack speed increase on Berserker is great in case of when you don't have permanent quickness (so basically everywhere outside of Raids/Fractals).

Dual Wielding is obsolete trait that needs rework. Making it stack with quickness isn't good solution imo.

Whole Arms traitline is weird, it has mix of multiple things at the cost of not being really coherent.

Arms should be more about giving better choice of bonuses to condi or critical hits (only those two aspects) instead of trying to give less bonuses to more aspects (condi, bleeds, sword cd, signets, crits, attack speed).

> @"cryorion.9532" said:

> > @"Aigleborgne.2981" said:

> > It is 5s in PvE, which is nice when you play solo.

>

> Tbh, it is really useless trait compared to other two in PvE. If you want to use builds that actually do damage, you will end up with axes, and with Axe Mastery (which is a must for power Berserker) or Burst Mastery trait. Condi berserker in solo situations is imo a lot worse than power berserker as you need high alacrity and quickness uptime in order to outperform power. You can guess if Hightened Focus is enough for that. I can't think of any build that would use Hightened Focus to gain significant advantage or dps gain compared to using other two traits.

>

> The trait does too little for a grandmaster trait compared to other two.

> What about hitting enemy with lower HP % than warrior grants quickness (2 sec quickness, 15 sec ICD) and revealing enemy also grants quickness (2 sec quickness, 15 sec ICD - not shared with the 1st ICD)? Even add bonus damage (like 20%) against revealed enemies on top of that. The point is to make the trait competetive with other two and even better in certain situations.

> ___

> Now to the topic

> The attack speed increase on Berserker is great in case of when you don't have permanent quickness (so basically everywhere outside of Raids/Fractals).

> Dual Wielding is obsolete trait that needs rework. Making it stack with quickness isn't good solution imo.

> Whole Arms traitline is weird, it has mix of multiple things at the cost of not being really coherent.

> Arms should be more about giving better choice of bonuses to condi or critical hits (only those two aspects) instead of trying to give less bonuses to more aspects (condi, bleeds, sword cd, signets, crits, attack speed).

Arms is so weird... It was the condi/crit chance tree at launch. Then equipping a signet gave you precision, so that is why signet mastery is there but it no longer is 'crit chance' based. Blade Master is fine, Wounding Precision is fine. Furious is fine. Its the rest that are so out of place now.

Burst precision should linger for 3s post burst whether you hit or not.

Dual Wielding need to be replaced with a new benefit, I have no idea what though.

Sundering Bursts is outdated and needs to be something else, if Arms is supposed to be the condi tree then let it deal extra bleed stacks when you hit with a burst, double on a crit. 2 stacks 6 s 4 stacks 6s on a crit, make it per hit.

Unsuspecting Foe works okay but could use a QOL adjustment.

Signet Mastery should give precision not ferocity.

Opportunist needs its ICD reduced.

> @"cryorion.9532" said:

> Tbh, it is really useless trait compared to other two in PvE. If you want to use builds that actually do damage, you will end up with axes, and with Axe Mastery (which is a must for power Berserker) or Burst Mastery trait. Condi berserker in solo situations is imo a lot worse than power berserker as you need high alacrity and quickness uptime in order to outperform power. You can guess if Hightened Focus is enough for that. I can't think of any build that would use Hightened Focus to gain significant advantage or dps gain compared to using other two traits.

When I play solo, my top priority is not best dps, it's to have fun. Getting quickness with hundred blade or hammer is invaluable. Of course, it's less usefull for fast weapons like axes.

But as far as maths are concerned, you are deemed right.

Not saying I pick it all the times, but I sometimes do.