Its time to make map waypoints account wide

> @"Etria.3642" said:

> They do have a waypoint thing in the gemstore...so I doubt this would ever be a thing.

Notwithstanding this, I wouldn't want to see waypoints be available account wide because it would further de-incentivise exploration, and therefore further reduce population on existing maps. I think Players need the lure of being able to waypoint to anywhere as a reason to explore and unlock waypoints, if they don't want to pay for the unlock packs. With mounts now, it's really not that onerous anyway.

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > @"aaron.7850" said:

> > I would love to do dailies and other things with my second alt, but I always turn to my main because of the map ease of access.

>

> Which means you then have to spend time on your alt, exploring the waypoints, etc. What you are asking is for ANET to help you spend _less time_ playing their game, and why would any MMO developer, or any game studio for that matter, want to do that?

Isn’t it contradictory with masteries, Mount, pvp exps? Low level hitting a high end mount exploring faster.

They can sell more exp boosters or some sort.

> @"Roche.7491" said:

> > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > @"aaron.7850" said:

> > > I would love to do dailies and other things with my second alt, but I always turn to my main because of the map ease of access.

> >

> > Which means you then have to spend time on your alt, exploring the waypoints, etc. What you are asking is for ANET to help you spend _less time_ playing their game, and why would any MMO developer, or any game studio for that matter, want to do that?

>

> Isn’t it contradictory with masteries, Mount, pvp exps? Low level hitting a high end mount exploring faster.

>

> They can sell more exp boosters or some sort.

Not at all, unless the mount was just mailed to you. But first you have to buy the Path of Fire Expansion, then you need a LV 80 character to do some story missions, and then there are mastery points to find and earn, as well as the XP to claim them, etc etc. While mounts do reduce travel time, they are content that was added to the game, which again feeds the machine with player hours spent in game.

If a store reduces their prices by 10%, but sales then go up by 40%, we don't see the reduction in sales price as contradictory to the goal of earning profit.

Not needed. Even if you had the WPs you still needed to do all the other stuff if you wanted 100 percent map completion. And they are the least annoying stuff to get.

This would only help people that want to go to maps for different reasons. (Like going with a new char to some worldboss or something like that.)

For that we have mounts to already move faster to the point needed. (You don't need to go for most of the other points as long as they aren't on the way.)

Also they are selling those WP unlocks and I doubt they want to stop doing so without a good reason.

> @"Luthan.5236" said:

> Not needed. Even if you had the WPs you still needed to do all the other stuff if you wanted 100 percent map completion. And they are the least annoying stuff to get.

> This would only help people that want to go to maps for different reasons. (Like going with a new char to some worldboss or something like that.)

>

> For that we have mounts to already move faster to the point needed. (You don't need to go for most of the other points as long as they aren't on the way.)

> Also they are selling those WP unlocks and I doubt they want to stop doing so without a good reason.

Or buy world boss portal device and have it teleport you when the world boss is about to spawn.