What would it take to remove buttcapes?

> @"kratan.4619" said:

> Hopefully, they are never removed. This is just your opinion man. No different than saying, "I do not like these so I also want nobody else to have them.

I literally put suggestions in to have both. I don't care if people like buttcapes, but there needs to be options without them. I imagine it can't hurt them too much to take a pair of scissors to a bunch of outfits and re-release them, they probably sell a lot better. Win for players win for devs.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm okay with the coats, but It'd be cool for some variety.

I don't think that the armor design is meant to make a political statement. I get that they do go a little overboard with virtue signaling sometimes. Heck, I remember bumping into a crazy number of lesbian characters throughout this game, but I'm willing to say this is probably something else. If you look up armor images in a search engine, a lot of images will show torso armor covering up the thighs. The artists are probably just using images they find as reference material.

Totally agree, wether its heavy greaves, heavy leggings, heavy legplate, all of em ar buttcapes or short skirts. So many transmog variations ruined by this particular issue. The only heavy ones that I found an are actual leg only: Heavy Plate, Studded Plate, Aetherblade... and maybe Primeval.

Not against buttcapes, but the leg only need some love too. big time.

> @"kratan.4619" said:

> Hopefully, they are never removed. This is just your opinion man. No different than saying, "I do not like these so I also want nobody else to have them.

Except that's not even what the OP was saying.

1. OP accuses ANet of being obsessed with buttcapes.

2. OP is begging ANet to be less rigid to their weight-class style guides and create non-buttcape skins IN ADDITION to the usual fare, if fashion is really supposed to be the endgame. The dogmatic adherence is severely crippling the potential of one of their core features. OP never sought to deprive those who like buttcapes of their fashion.

Hope you're not deliberately misquoting OP in an attempt to middle the discussion here.