Did You Want Mounts Implemented into Guild Wars 2?

> @TheGrimm.5624 said:

> Not sure the point of this though? Why divide? Mounts are in the expansion. At this point we should be offering ideas on how to balance/enhance them. This just seems like a poll to help one side do a see that's what we thought. Sorry if you really are just interested but some people on either side are quite passionate on it even if I am not. 2 cents.

Because one forum can never have enough "mounts" threads.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

++++This is where I would post the obligatory beatin' on a dead horse .gif, but the new forums......++++++++

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

R.I.P

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me mounts or any other sort of transportations are still kinda pointless in GW2.

You have generally 5 to 10 waypoints per map,no cd (unless its contested but is it even a problem?!) and little cost on use.

The problem i have is when progression/unlocks gets locked behind mastery .With HoT,gliders were introduced due to the "verticality expansion" of the new maps.

Still,to get to some vistas,PoI and MP wasnt enough,because at some point all different mastery were required.If u like pve,and all you do is clearing maps and champions i guess its fine,unfortunately for me i play only WvW and it was just a pain on release.

Even gliding was kinda useless at the begining,since it was a locked feature for the new maps...But hey who wants to spend money on skins u can use only in 3 maps?!Got extended to the whole game,even tho doesnt make that huge different on vanilla maps: it just an addition im now used to it,can live without it anytime.

So i guess mounts will be going down the same path and be required to get to some specific locations in PoF.But other than that,i see no practical use for them and definitely not hyped about.All i want at the end is quickly unlocks the new elites and dive into pvp.

Yes, and no. I it said many times.

1. There are already mounts in GW2:, in a way:

* We have the [Travel ](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Travel "Travel ")toys, that give no speed boosts can can't be used in combat, but show the character riding them.

* We have mount-like transformations like the WvW siege golems. Yeah, your character doesn't appear riding them (which could change in the future since now we have a mount tethering system), but you 'mount' and 'dismount' them. And they got their own health.

2. Mounts can't be just for speed.

* They need to have a purpose other than speed, even if the purpose is just 'mucking around in LA'. Because we already got swiftness and speed effects for that.

* And they must have their own skills.

So what I was saying is that we are already late for not having mounts, because we already had them in at least 2 ways. And if more get added they can't just be speed boost like in most other games. They have to be more travel toys, more mount-like transformations for combat like siege golems, or something else with specific purposes within specific areas.

So are we pretty much getting them the way I wanted them to be.

I just wonder if the travel toys will ever be reused as actual mounts, maybe as alternate skins for some of them.

My view: either they're just a cosmetic change, wanted by some people used to having such things from other games, and therefore they were pointless and a drain on resources, or they were being wanted as an advantage on other players, which is against the spirit of the game, or they were wanted solely for a speed boost, which was against game balance. I still view them as pointless, but kids gotta have their toys.

> @MithranArkanere.8957 said:

> Yes, and no. I it said many times.

>

> 1. There are already mounts in GW2:, in a way:

Nope: you are immagining your way :)

> * We have the [Travel ](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Travel "Travel ")toys, that give no speed boosts can can't be used in combat, but show the character riding them.

Its a toy: u **play** around with it,it changes the appearance of the movement animations of a character.

> * We have mount-like transformations like the WvW siege golems. Yeah, your character doesn't appear riding them (which could change in the future since now we have a mount tethering system), but you 'mount' and 'dismount' them. And they got their own health.

Its a **siege weapon**: its not a transformation,its a movable siege.If catapults were designed with seats,they would be still considered sieges not mounts.

You can mount and dismount alot of things: any Asura can summon a Power Suit. Its not a mount its a Pointless Suit. :)