New to Ranger

Tolandruth.3854

I'm new to Ranger just started on, I'm also a week long noob to a got my 1st character to 80th a Warrior. I've been looking at builds for rangers online and notice the same problem i was having with warrior like 90% of the builds are for player with mid-high level of skill I've still not got the feel down for the action rpg style of this game having just come from ff14. I managed to find a build for warrior this build for my warrior

it helped my alot I was wondering if someone has a similar new player friendly build that i can then build on once i find the right combo of weapon and skills I like.

If you run Greatsword or sword+axe you will be fine. If you camp longbow then you're setting yourself up for being kicked out of instanced content.

Most people run Soulbeast + Beast Mastery for the merged stats (and Greatsword trait) and then Skirmishing/Marksmanship for the additional damage bonuses. Skirmishing also provides _spotter_ for the party (+100 precision) so Skirmishing is preferred for that reason.

If you haven't reached 80 you can run Wilderness Survival for more survivability or both damage traitlines (Skirmishing/Marksmanship) without Soulbeast.