No more open world 'raid-hard' content ala TriWurm?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"kratan.4619" said:

> Open world challenging is not even close to the instanced challenging toxicity and you cannot be kicked from an open world event.

you can be kicked .. better say you can be non invited person. Like some groups do TT in past(or may be now also), they make squad, find free mirror, and join as squad. No place for you. I am no sure that this is good indicator.

> @"Antycypator.9874" said:

> Large meta events like Dragon's Stand would be better because it actually look like a raid.

Yeah, out of all of their attempts to "recreate" the "raid experience" for the more casual player base this one seems to work the best.

> @"lare.5129" said:

> > @"kratan.4619" said:

> > Open world challenging is not even close to the instanced challenging toxicity and you cannot be kicked from an open world event.

> you can be kicked .. better say you can be non invited person. Like some groups do TT in past(or may be now also), they make squad, find free mirror, and join as squad. No place for you. I am no sure that this is good indicator.

This is not remotely the same as kicking an individual for what they may deem poor performance, poor build, etc. Nobody asks for your AP to see if they want you out. Nobody asks for gear to be linked. An as far as doing this for poor peformance, it is too late by then the event is started/done. Your example is a guild looking for an instance to get their guild mates in with them after a zone fills up. My example stands.

> @"kratan.4619" said:

> Nobody asks for your AP to see if they want you out. Nobody asks for gear to be linked.

if this is not do someone, this is not grant that this is not do other .. Try to extend your experience and not make summary only if you as beginner play few years. After 15-20 you will see it in different color.

> @"uberkingkong.8041" said:

> People play GW2 because of open world. When GW2 launched all it talked about was dynamic open world. Due next expansion they need to remember their roots and go back to it.

People play Guild Wars 2 for a lot of reasons.

A single focus on Open World casual PvE content for 9 months lead to the lowest revenue this game had ever seen. A trend that is just now being reversed according to earnings numbers.

An MMO (and this one in particular) offers a wide breadth of experiences to the player, from open world, to competitive, from instanced encounters to festival minigames.

That's what they need to remember.

Doubling down on open world at the cost of the rest of the game was ultimately very unhealthy for Guild Wars 2.

Guild Wars 2 is a jack of all trades master of none. I enjoy the game and it has a lot of breadth but not a whole lot of depth. So many things get abandon while they are trudging forward creating new content. So I would be surprised to see another encounter like TT in the future. I do think we will see more world bosses so to speak just not of that caliber that require as much coordination comparing to other encounters.