2020 - 8 years of Gw2

and in some moments, its not Guild Wars 2 but Lag Wars 2.

i want to suggest to really do something about it ArenaNet.

ping often goes to 1000 when there is 100 ppl in one place. this happens in wvw, doesn't happen when doing some events - champions - meta in pve.

i hope you take care of your customers and give to Wvw the same attention and resources (as servers-internet or whatever needed) as other part of the game.

regards.

It would be nice if their servers weren't made predominately made of starch, but it has become apparent in recent years their parent company has been cutting costs. I'm not sure how much control the employees you're directing this to have over the servers their game runs on.

I sympathize though.

I do hear complaints about lag in pve in large scale events.

~ Kovu

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"Kovu.7560" said:

> > It would be nice if their servers weren't made predominately made of starch

> Wouldnt that make the servers non-Newtonian and more solid the harder you pressure them?

Solid is one thing they're not.

~ Kovu

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"Kovu.7560" said:

> > It would be nice if their servers weren't made predominately made of starch

> Wouldnt that make the servers non-Newtonian and more solid the harder you pressure them?

Thixotropic servers would be real nice at this point ^^

Ever snce Anet moved to the AWS servers(part of their move to cut costs and 'improve' performance), there has been multiple people/sources who have told me that the way they run the servers are out of Anet's hands. Case in point, ever since Covid-19 struck, Amazon web servers have been prioritizing server load and maintaining speeds, pings/lags were given lower priority. Hence, i don't see any resolution to lags in the short to medium term, since it's really out of Anet's hands. I guess, we got to live with this new normal since Anet is just one of the many customers AWS has, albeit one of the smaller compared to others.