Umm, you sure messed up my screen res!

> @"Jon Olson.8439" said:

> > @Randulf.7614 said:

> > I launch as normal which is the 64 bit client. My resolution doesnt change with it ticked or not, but the box doesn't save after a relog regardless

>

> "As normal" being the shortcut from installation? Could I ask you to verify exactly which exe this triggers? Thanks!

Sure, if you tell me what that means/how to get that info ( I do launch from the normal shortcut)

> > @Randulf.7614 said:

> > I launch as normal which is the 64 bit client. My resolution doesnt change with it ticked or not, but the box doesn't save after a relog regardless

>

> "As normal" being the shortcut from installation? Could I ask you to verify exactly which exe this triggers? Thanks!

Mine is the 64 client. The issue started when I downloaded the first Halloween update.

> @slpr.2647 said:

> what was broken anyways? :/

Previously the game's UI could be uncomfortably or unusably small on a very high display resolution such as 3840x2160 (4K) or 3440x1440. Such monitors were thousands of dollars (or non-existent?) in 2012, but are becoming more affordable and more common and it's probably quite important to the game's longevity to make sure the UI scales appropriately.

> @Randulf.7614 said:

> > @"Jon Olson.8439" said:

> > > @Randulf.7614 said:

> > > I launch as normal which is the 64 bit client. My resolution doesnt change with it ticked or not, but the box doesn't save after a relog regardless

> >

> > "As normal" being the shortcut from installation? Could I ask you to verify exactly which exe this triggers? Thanks!

>

> Sure, if you tell me what that means/how to get that info ( I do launch from the normal shortcut)

You can right-click the shortcut, choose properties. The target will either point to gw2.exe or gw2-64.exe.

> > @Randulf.7614 said:

> > > @"Jon Olson.8439" said:

> > > > @Randulf.7614 said:

> > > > I launch as normal which is the 64 bit client. My resolution doesnt change with it ticked or not, but the box doesn't save after a relog regardless

> > >

> > > "As normal" being the shortcut from installation? Could I ask you to verify exactly which exe this triggers? Thanks!

> >

> > Sure, if you tell me what that means/how to get that info ( I do launch from the normal shortcut)

>

> You can right-click the shortcut, choose properties. The target will either point to gw2.exe or gw2-64.exe.

Says GW2.exe which odd because I'm pretty sure I was using the 64bit client

> > @Randulf.7614 said:

> > > @"Jon Olson.8439" said:

> > > > @Randulf.7614 said:

> > > > I launch as normal which is the 64 bit client. My resolution doesnt change with it ticked or not, but the box doesn't save after a relog regardless

> > >

> > > "As normal" being the shortcut from installation? Could I ask you to verify exactly which exe this triggers? Thanks!

> >

> > Sure, if you tell me what that means/how to get that info ( I do launch from the normal shortcut)

>

> You can right-click the shortcut, choose properties. The target will either point to gw2.exe or gw2-64.exe.

I launch shortcut from the 64.exe

Still got the issue of the incredibly large, displaced launcher. Running Windows 10. Game was running perfectly fine before the Halloween patch.

> @typographie.1742 said:

> > @slpr.2647 said:

> > what was broken anyways? :/

>

> Previously the game's UI could be uncomfortably or unusably small on a very high display resolution such as 3840x2160 (4K) or 3440x1440. Such monitors were thousands of dollars (or non-existent?) in 2012, but are becoming more affordable and more common and it's probably quite important to the game's longevity to make sure the UI scales appropriately.

Thats all fine and dandy. but what about us that have not and will (probably) not ever run that res? we're forced to either go out and get the equipment to run that res or suffer? i dont think that's very fair either. what they need(ed) to do was/is come up with a solution that *works* for everyone. not just you high res folks, and leave us older equipment folks in the dust.

I'm Windows 7 and I'm getting this issue. I'm running the 32bit exe from what I can see. No dpi scaling option turned in properties. Exe found here "C:\Program Files (x86)\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe"

Login screen is very large and missing pieces. Screen is very grainy and ui is very large in game. Only happened since the Halloween patch.

Edit: I tried both .exe's same issue. Noticeable frame rate drops as well.

• ArenaNet Staff

> @Sean.6105 said:

> I'm Windows 7 and I'm getting this issue. I'm running the 32bit exe from what I can see. No dpi scaling option turned in properties. Exe found here "C:\Program Files (x86)\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe"

>

> Login screen is very large and missing pieces. Screen is very grainy and ui is very large in game. Only happened since the Halloween patch.

>

> Edit: I tried both .exe's same issue. Noticeable frame rate drops as well.

You are running the 64 bit client

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Are you sure? My 64-bit client says "Gw2-64.exe" and my 32-bit client says "Gw2.exe".

I checked, the last gaggle of logins you were running a 64 bit client, it's very likely that your gw2.exe autoupgraded to 64 bit and if you want to run 32 bit you'll have to force it in the command line.

> @"Chris Cleary.8017" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > Are you sure? My 64-bit client says "Gw2-64.exe" and my 32-bit client says "Gw2.exe".

>

> I checked, the last gaggle of logins you were running a 64 bit client, it's very likely that your gw2.exe autoupgraded to 64 bit and if you want to run 32 bit you'll have to force it in the command line.

Yes, I know I run the 64-bit client. My point is, it is named Gw2-64.exe in Properties, and my 32-bit client (which won't run Path of Fire [it crashes all the time], and has the -32 command line argument) is named Gw2.exe in Properties.

> When the app is DPI unaware, such as the 32-bit app, Windows 8+ attempts to be clever by scaling the window, blurring it. You can tell Windows to stop that behavior in the properties of the app. (i.e. right-clicking the exe, Properties)

> Some more details can be found [here](https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2900023/some-desktop-applications-may-appear-blurred-on-high-dpi-displays).

I am running Win 10 64bit, but your launcher changed with the last patch which messed up our in-game UI because of the addition of the DPI option. How can you have a fix for the in-game UI issue and not the huge launcher size? If you have a fix for that I certainly would appreciate it. The link you provide seems to only apply to lower window operating systems.