Getting Path of Fire now ... ?

Dear Sirs,

I've returned to HoT recently and I found that I have a gazillion things to do already and I have a lot of fun trying to complete just the HoT things, making legendaries, playing different game modes etc etc. Now, at some point I'll want to try out some PoF stuff and get a mount, here is my question: If I get PoF now, will I get something extra when I buy the next expansion or will I just end up paying twice for PoF ?

Thanks

You wont end up paying for it twice because if they do add PoF for free, it wont be "added to the price" of expac 3.

Having said that you probably wont get anything beyond playing it ahead of time. They might give a thank you skin to earlier adopters, but it's not something to count on nor something to be expected either

The expac is also a long way off and you will probably want to be doing PoF, LS4 and LS5 (if you have unlocked or bought those 3) before it anyway

> @"chruchnar.1023" said:

> Yea, I secretly hope they'll offer something like "pre-buy the next Expansion NOW and get PoF included" but I guess that's not realistic :)

My memory is sketchy, but I don't think HoT went free straight after PoF released - I think it was later, so the chances of your hope are pretty much zero.

But, we can't know anything for sure since Anet will do what they think is best at the time. They have just done or just finishing off a PoF 50% sale - so if it still going on, I'd be getting it now

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> But, we can't know anything for sure since Anet will do what they think is best at the time. They have just done or just finishing off a PoF 50% sale - so if it still going on, I'd be getting it now

Yes I was looking for that but in the press release post of the 50% sale there was an end date in Feb or March or something I think.

> Wow OK, so when PoF released, you had to buy both to play it ?

You didn't have to, you could just buy one if you wanted to. But of course you didn't get access to the other expansions maps, masteries, elite specs etc. if you did that.

I think they sold a bundle with both expansions together at a discounted price, but it still wasn't as cheap as what they offer now.

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > But, we can't know anything for sure since Anet will do what they think is best at the time. They have just done or just finishing off a PoF 50% sale - so if it still going on, I'd be getting it now

>

> Yes I was looking for that but in the press release post of the 50% sale there was an end date in Feb or March or something I think.

>

Looks like it ended yesterday or today looking at their twitter

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > But, we can't know anything for sure since Anet will do what they think is best at the time. They have just done or just finishing off a PoF 50% sale - so if it still going on, I'd be getting it now

>

> Yes I was looking for that but in the press release post of the 50% sale there was an end date in Feb or March or something I think.

>

Here's two of the announcements about the recent 50% off sale:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/welcome-back-to-guild-wars-2/

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/watch-the-trailer-for-no-quarter/

Unfortunately, you just missed it.