A rollback of 2 days just happened

> @"Raedwulf.3712" said:

> For crying out loud, folks,

>

> # CALM DOWN!

>

> I am no great fan of Anet & haven't posted here for several years, because I'd only get in trouble if I did! :) Nevertheless...

>

> 1) The problem is only an hour or two old. Give them a chance to look at it.

> 2) Yes, by now, someone **should** be aware of it, and we ought to have an Official post up saying, at the very least, "Yes, there is a problem, we are looking into it, please be patient." But Anet's record on clear communication with its customers has never been that great, so it's no great surprise.

> 3) The dev's aren't up 24/7, no matter what your unreasonable expectations are; helpdesk staff will be. Some dev's should be on call, however, and have probably long since been woken up & will be trying to figure out what the heck just happened.

> 4) If you are EU (the problem seems to be confined to the EU, given comments from NA players above), **STOP PLAYING**. Whatever fix they apply will return us to the most recent backup before the problem; anything you do from there will be lost.

> 5) Yes, there is a backup. I don't work for Anet and, as I've said, I'm no great fan of the way they conduct themselves. Nevertheless, they aren't amateurs, and I **am** an IT professional. Their databases will replicate themselves regularly (though I am in no position to guess at how frequently. You will lose some in-game progression, probably. You will not lose out an any real money spent, because those transaction details will be available from outside the EU game servers.

>

> In short, it will probably take a while for them to work out what happened & how to fix it, and probably a bit longer to sort out the ramifications of things like Real Money transactions having gone up in smoke. In the meanwhile,

>

> # Be Patient, Keep Calm, Go Do Something Else!

you are right, yes. I think they will fix this

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Leiard.4532" said:

> > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > @"Leiard.4532" said:

> > > I never post on the forums, but this kitten is just unbelievable. **What in the actual kitten were they thinking. **A whole weekend of WVW progression down the toilet. I got my diamond chest late last night and now I'm back to wood chest.

> > >

> > > This is unbelievable. A-net you just lost me as a player. Sort your kitten out and then try again...

> >

> > You're implying they did this on purpose, I guarantee you they didn't.

>

> So, they unintentionally rolled back the whole weekend. Stop being a kitten white knight and defender of A-net. They have a PR department for that kind of stuff.

When you have a 24/7 online game you have these sorts of systems in place. Calling me a white knight for pointing that out does absolutely nothing, but if it makes you feel better in this upset state then go ahead.

I've lost for sure this things.

Yesterday at 1am i had:

-Desert Highland 100% complete

-Crystal Oasis 100%

-Elon Riverland (only "heart" left)

-10 piles of crystalline dust

-2 elonian leather square

-3 bolt of damask

-2 ascended ring dropped

literally this morning i shoulded craft my zojja shoulderguards for my daredevil.

What should i do now?

> @"Squeekysound.7062" said:

> yesterday i bought 1800 gems transfered 300 gold from my main acc to my alt acc and bought both commander tags gotn my rollerbeetle and skyscale and its all gone ....

Gem purchases are one thing I'm certain they'll be able to fix because there will be records outside the game of that happening, so even if everything in-game from the past few days is lost they'll still be able to see you bought gems and give those back to you.

> @"HawkShade.1958" said:

> I've lost for sure this things.

> Yesterday at 1am i had:

>

> -Desert Highland 100% complete

> -Crystal Oasis 100%

> -Elon Riverland (only "heart" left)

> -10 piles of crystalline dust

> -2 elonian leather square

> -3 bolt of damask

> -2 ascended ring dropped

>

> literally this morning i shoulded craft my zojja shoulderguards for my daredevil.

> What should i do now?

Sit back relax and watch a movie and give Anet time to have a look at it and fix it. there is nothing anyone else can do just be patient we will get a comms from anet in due course

1st precursor drop(leaf of kudzu) in 7.5 years playing the game... SAB master of baubles w2z3 during the weekend. and now it's all rollbacked...

I really hope they gonna fix it, cuz i'm not doing that achievment again. took me ~3.5h, 2 rounds cuz i missed 1 bauble 1st time xD. i don't care about precursor drop, but that achievment is just cancer. :/

i have faith in you anet! :)

I am a bit glad that I haven't touched the game this week-end but holy ****! I am not sure I want to come back now! However, this is really sad for everyone that just lost everything, what exactly has happened?

I'll wait for a fix before jumping back in the game.

As a sidenote, the lack of answers from the devs is disturbing.

> @"Mad Queen Malafide.7512" said:

> For now I would advise everyone to be patient, and to wait for a response from Anet. This may have been an automatic rollback. Bare in mind that the company is for the most part working from home right now. As a precaution, you might want to hold off with making any progress today. They may rollback the rollback if possible. So don't panic and don't be angry just yet. Just wait.

Exactly. We don't know what kind of action they can take from here, be it a merge of progress or a roll forward in time.

Give them time to sort this out and respond.

> @"Mad Queen Malafide.7512" said:

> And if you're feeling angry, you can always join us in Lion's Arch and chase every mesmer out of town for messing with the space-time continuum.

Personally I was just blaming the Quaggan, but I guess mesmers makes sense too... I still blame the Quaggan though :-D