Anet not aware of rollback issue? - Anet is aware, posted and will update as they know more

> @"Pyrolich.5493" said:

> Looked everywhere for any type of acknowledgement to this rollback, if anyone has any links showing that anet is actually aware of this please post, thank you

>

They take their time now but they sure are pretty fast when they delete posts for their wrong doings like never baning the bots and legalising them in secret

> @"Dying Oblivion.8296" said:

> > @"spankyed.4735" said:

> > Hey man watch out, i once got banned for speaking out about "bad things" , Anet doesnt like to hear it!

> >

> >

>

> I can confirm. I wasnt banned but i was issued 'warnings'

Thanks for the heads up, I was not aware of that type of stance, I really would not like to risk my thousands of hours of playtime.

just so frustrating that there is no acknowledgement, I hope Anet take that into consideration if it goes that way.

For such a huge problem, its actually very strange that there's not even 1 official post that would state: "we're aware/ and working on it."

The worst part seems to be that people are afraid to log in right now in case it interferes with the rollback reversion, its just that there's no information available at all. This sort of silence also makes it quite hard for newer players, some of whom have started and lost all their game progress during this weekend, to continue playing, even if I tell them that this is actually the first time I've seen a rollback during years of playing.

> The worst part seems to be that people are afraid to log in right now in case it interferes with the rollback reversion

It doesn't. The reason people are being told not to bother logging in right now is because the only reasonable way to resolve is would be to find a later version to rollback to, so any progress you'd make now would be lost again.

> For such a huge problem, its actually very strange that there's not even 1 official post that would state: "we're aware/ and working on it."

Again, it's not even 6AM at their HQ right now. They're not working on it. Most of them probably haven't even woken up yet.

The point is that people are being told that by other players, nobody actually knows for sure as we're all relying on speculation as there's no official response.

I've played plenty of other MMOs during the past 20 years and they always seem to have a few community managers informing the players about problems in the game, even during holidays and 247. That one official post would instantly stop this flood of threads and put the playerbase at ease.

> @"Tiilimon.6094" said:

> For such a huge problem, its actually very strange that there's not even 1 official post that would state: "we're aware/ and working on it."

>

> The worst part seems to be that people are afraid to log in right now in case it interferes with the rollback reversion, its just that there's no information available at all. This sort of silence also makes it quite hard for newer players, some of whom have started and lost all their game progress during this weekend, to continue playing, even if I tell them that this is actually the first time I've seen a rollback during years of playing.

Can confirm on the new player part. Got the game like 5 days ago, spent time and money during the weekend on it. Lost 3/4 of progress. Not the experience I was looking for.

> @"BigWhiteShogun.2591" said:

> Players not aware of Time Zones ? Are you all flatards or deliberately choose to not think? I was hit by this hard to, but learn to freaking be patient.

They did, I don't know if they still do, have a European office. Also, company's have people on call for things like this. Especially global company's. So people are not being unreasonable, so no need for name calling.

> Players not aware of Time Zones ? Are you all flatards or deliberately choose to not think? I was hit by this hard to, but learn to freaking be patient.

Any respectable IT company this size has a 24/7 backup shift specifically to handle cases like this and get the ball rolling on customer communication and wake up the necessary engineers to start fixing it depending on the urgency.

You don't operate a company which offers a 24/7 service to then just ignore it outside of office hours. That's not how it works. It's correct that Anet gets called out on this.

Your input to this thread implicates that you're not being very patient with customers posting threads on the support forum for help with game problems.

> @"Wilne.2974" said:

> > @"Tiilimon.6094" said:

> > For such a huge problem, its actually very strange that there's not even 1 official post that would state: "we're aware/ and working on it."

> >

> > The worst part seems to be that people are afraid to log in right now in case it interferes with the rollback reversion, its just that there's no information available at all. This sort of silence also makes it quite hard for newer players, some of whom have started and lost all their game progress during this weekend, to continue playing, even if I tell them that this is actually the first time I've seen a rollback during years of playing.

>

> Can confirm on the new player part. Got the game like 5 days ago, spent time and money during the weekend on it. Lost 3/4 of progress. Not the experience I was looking for.

Not the best experience I know, but as someone who has played for getting on for 8 years I can say that these occurrences are almost as rare as Quaggan appearing on Mastermind. The time it happened was in 2016*, and on the plus side, goodies were forthcoming in response :)

https://massivelyop.com/2016/08/24/guild-wars-2-suffers-technical-difficulties-pushes-out-birthday-presents-following-yesterdays-rollback/

Edit: also, this just in....

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360048145813-Account-Character-Rollback-Issue-5-11-2020-

*a rollback, not a Quaggan appearing on Mastermind... like that could _ever _happen...

> @"Pyrolich.5493" said:

> > @"Dying Oblivion.8296" said:

> > > @"spankyed.4735" said:

> > > Hey man watch out, i once got banned for speaking out about "bad things" , Anet doesnt like to hear it!

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I can confirm. I wasnt banned but i was issued 'warnings'

>

> Thanks for the heads up, I was not aware of that type of stance, I really would not like to risk my thousands of hours of playtime.

> just so frustrating that there is no acknowledgement, I hope Anet take that into consideration if it goes that way.

Oh - no they wont ban you from the game. Only forums lol. you can still play the game but you wont be able to criticise them about stuff on the forum.

They cant take the game away from you unless you really break ToS or they are mindless enough to bring back the system that flagged half the active players for botting and banned them a few years back.

> @"MChrome.2015" said:

> > @"BigWhiteShogun.2591" said:

> > Players not aware of Time Zones ? Are you all flatards or deliberately choose to not think? I was hit by this hard to, but learn to freaking be patient.

>

> Any respectable IT company this size has a 24/7 backup shift specifically to handle cases like this and get the ball rolling on customer communication and wake up the necessary engineers to start fixing it depending on the urgency.

>

> You don't operate a company which offers a 24/7 service to then just ignore it outside of office hours. That's not how it works. It's correct that Anet gets called out on this.

User Agreement point #10

"You acknowledge that Service may be interrupted for reasons within or beyond the control of ArenaNet, that ArenaNet cannot and does not guarantee You will be able to use the Game or any Account whenever You wish to do so, that ArenaNet will interrupt the Service on a regular basis for purposes of maintenance or updates and may do so without providing You with notice before such interruption, and that ArenaNet may provide subsequent versions, enhancements, modifications, upgrades or patches related to the Game that You must accept and/or install before You will be able to use the Game."

Or maybe it doesn't. Grab a MntDew and chill dude.

> @"Tiilimon.6094" said:

> Your input to this thread implicates that you're not being very patient with customers posting threads on the support forum for help with game problems.

> @"BrotherBelial.3094" said:

> They did, I don't know if they still do, have a European office. Also, company's have people on call for things like this. Especially global company's. So people are not being unreasonable, so no need for name calling.

> @"MChrome.2015" said:

> You don't operate a company which offers a 24/7 service to then just ignore it outside of office hours. That's not how it works. It's correct that Anet gets called out on this.

My comment was only towards using titles like this for a thread, but I see people are so butt hurt they don't get that. I'm pissed about loosing a lot of progress same way as you guys. What annoyed me was the way the title of this post and the way it was constructed. Nothing else. It is not a normal time also. Offices in many countries are closed due to virus outbreak which makes thing even more hard for the devs. In 8 years of this game running it's the first time this happened. Give them some time, take a break for a day, and do something else instead of insinuating devs deliberately don't do something just to annoy you. It's ridiculous.

> @"Pyrolich.5493" said:

> > @"Dying Oblivion.8296" said:

> > > @"spankyed.4735" said:

> > > Hey man watch out, i once got banned for speaking out about "bad things" , Anet doesnt like to hear it!

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I can confirm. I wasnt banned but i was issued 'warnings'

>

> Thanks for the heads up, I was not aware of that type of stance, I really would not like to risk my thousands of hours of playtime.

> just so frustrating that there is no acknowledgement, I hope Anet take that into consideration if it goes that way.

Some people here really like to exaggerate. You will not be banned (or warned) for asking a polite question. Your post was nicer and more useful than a lot of the other posts in the previous hours.

> @"Rose Solane.1027" said:

> > @"Pyrolich.5493" said:

> > > @"Dying Oblivion.8296" said:

> > > > @"spankyed.4735" said:

> > > > Hey man watch out, i once got banned for speaking out about "bad things" , Anet doesnt like to hear it!

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > I can confirm. I wasnt banned but i was issued 'warnings'

> >

> > Thanks for the heads up, I was not aware of that type of stance, I really would not like to risk my thousands of hours of playtime.

> > just so frustrating that there is no acknowledgement, I hope Anet take that into consideration if it goes that way.

>

> Some people here really like to exaggerate. You will not be banned (or warned) for asking a polite question. Your post was nicer and more useful than a lot of the other posts in the previous hours.

Not really. Customer support has been known to be useless on many occasions and that gets players frustrated and angry and when they post about their negative experience their posts/threads get deleted and poster gets a warning. The mod team are very quick about shutting down negative posts/threads directed at them.

Of course every interaction starts off as polite but when it starts going around in circles and passing you around to different agents so you end up repeating your issue multiple times and eventually fobbed off, its understandable why people will get angry.

Remember the focus assist issue with windows 10 tripping out GW1 when you zoned? I had a new PC, fresh install of windows 10 and a customer support agent didnt have an answer to the same issue many others were having and tried to pass it off as malware on my end.

I tried to have some '_friendly discourse_' but of course my posts got shut down quickly and i got infractions.

So excuse me while i dont share your positive outlook & opinion on some of the hired help around here.