Change suggestion on Brave Stride

Lan Deathrider.5910

> @"Tycura.1982" said:

> > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > @"Tycura.1982" said:

> > > Both suggestions are too strong. Not that i dont like them. 750 range dagger f1s seem a little ridiculous but consider all the movement skills the average build has and it would be nearly unCCable.

> > Fair. I felt 300 might be too much but I threw it out there first to gauge opinion. An increase of 150 units might be better. Again for the purpose of getting to and staying on target. The duration of the stability is low enough though that you would not be virtually immune to CC, and again boon corruption is a thing that would hard counter it.

> > > Make Brave Stride activate on the first CC you receive instead of your first hit on an enemy. You get to shrug off the first CC to hit you per combat.

> >

> > Except that was pretty much Last Stand and you see what happened with that trait.

>

> Yeah it got dumpstered but balanced stance had both vigor and pulsing stab. This is only one stab per combat. Besides outside of warrior's lack of useful stability who says Brave Stride has to be stab? A trait that could give vigor or swiftness would be nice.

Honestly I think vigor should go onto Restorative Might. The Strength line has a great deal of endurance gain in it and is the place where vigor should be.

Still we want more control over our own traits right? So, why make it a passive proc.

This would even more just make all warriors choose greatsword (GS) over other weapons. GS is the only weapon which has two movement skills: whirlwind attack is also an evade. GS has already amazing synergy in Strength line with forceful greatsword and might makes it right. Strength is the best or 2nd best core trait line. Where are defense line now feels it is nerfed to obvlivion in WvWvW and pvp.

I play mostly WvWvW. Almost every single warrior I encounter is using GS. If we want to see better balance, Arenanet should bring more rarely used warrior weapons to same level. The priority must be other weapons first, not GS first.

Berserker specialization is badly designed. None of the minor traits has any use outside berserker mode, which reduces thoughness by 300. Almost everybody is playing spellbreaker, because durabality > burst damage. I can imagine berserker has uses in pve, but it is not viable for current pvp meta.

Head butt is a joke elite now. It can often miss target. Does less than 10 damage and 50 % more damage (LOL) if stability was removed. The damage is joke considering it is also 1 s self-stun.

> @"Deniara Devious.3948" said:

> This would even more just make all warriors choose greatsword (GS) over other weapons. GS is the only weapon which has two movement skills: whirlwind attack is also an evade. GS has already amazing synergy in Strength line with forceful greatsword and might makes it right. Strength is the best or 2nd best core trait line. Where are defense line now feels it is nerfed to obvlivion in WvWvW and pvp.

Dagger/Shield has 3 movement skills, Axe/Shield has 2, Sword/Shield has 2. Most physical utilities are movement skills. If anything this alleviates the need to have GS for Mobility since it makes other sources of mobility more viable for that purpose.

> I play mostly WvWvW. Almost every single warrior I encounter is using GS. If we want to see better balance, Arenanet should bring more rarely used warrior weapons to same level. The priority must be other weapons first, not GS first.

Again this is because most of the good mobility is locked onto GS, and that GS Burst damage does not scale with adrenaline. Expanding all movement skills makes them viable choices and reduces the need of using GS for said mobility.

> Berserker specialization is badly designed. None of the minor traits has any use outside berserker mode, which reduces thoughness by 300. Almost everybody is playing spellbreaker, because durabality > burst damage. I can imagine berserker has uses in pve, but it is not viable for current pvp meta.

That call out was more of a reference to the single use of Brave Stride right now. Berserker has its uses in WvW roaming, and if you are good enough you can zerg surf with it to create/finish downs with. You're not wrong that the minors on Berserker need to be updated.

> Head butt is a joke elite now. It can often miss target. Does less than 10 damage and 50 % more damage (LOL) if stability was removed. The damage is joke considering it is also 1 s self-stun.

>

>

Headbutt hits easily at close range or while your opponent is animation locked, still functions as a low CD stunbreak (you are using Savage Instinct with it right?), and still gives a long stun and high adrenaline gain when you hit with it. Headbutt isn't something you lead with, it is something you punish with. The damage may no longer make sense, but there is a lot packed into that elite. Even if you are never able to hit with it, it is still a 20s/18s stunbreak, which when paired with other traits can do things like heal you for +1000 hp (2000 hp with runes), grant might, and grant 1000 toughness. There is a lot to build around with it and is a versatile Elite, but it's usefulness is generally up to your ability leverage that versatility.

The damage and 50% more damage modifier need to be fixed by the dev team still. It was honestly 100% misguided of the balance team to reduce almost every single hard CC to 10 damage.

> @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> @"cryorion.9532"

>

> I was thinking more on Last Stand and Defy Pain on the way into work and honestly I think Anet is going to have to give Defense the Tactics treatment and just rework the traitline. Most of the traitline is passive in nature and I'd like to see it more active.

>

> Here is what I would change:

>

> Minor Adept: Rename to Disciplined Stance. While in combat to give you 5s of Retaliation on a CD of 20s. Retaliation gives you 10% damage reduction and 10% condition damage reduction.

> Minor Master: Make Adrenal Health activate based on the amount of adrenaline spent rather than on hitting the target.

> Minor Grandmaster: Disciplined Stance also grants Regeneration for 5s. (rename it to something else, no clue though).

>

> Defy Pain: Disciplined Stance grants Protection for 5s. Protection also reduces condition damage (-20%).

> Last Stand: Reduces the CD of stances by 20% (this includes Disciplined Stance). Activating a stance grants vigor for 5s.

>

> This gives you better control over your source of Retaliation, Regeneration, and if you trait for it a source of protection and vigor. It also gives better control of Adrenal Health and adds in some condi mitigation.

Not sure if that is really active gameplay. Those boons just proc passively, whenever off cooldown.

Maybe merge Defy Pain and Last Stand traits into grandmaster trait that alters stances and allows cd reduction by active gameplay, whether it is landing burst skills, ccing/interrupting enemy or whatever. Instead of Defy Pain, new trait could improve protection effectiveness (40%) and grant protection on adrenaline spent. Maybe swap its position with Cleansing Ire.

Sundering Mace trait should give 50% mace CC duration increase. Change Adrenaline Rush on Counterblow to provide 10 adrenaline instead of 3

and add confusion on mace (either on Sundering Mace trait or as baseline, e.g. 3 confusion stacks on Pulverize, and on Pommel Bash - 3 confusion stacks and 6 when interrupting an enemy).

Armored Attack trait is stuck in 2015. This trait is pretty weird, math one for some gimmick ultra-high toughness builds. What about instead of % stat bonus, whenever warrior gets protection, they instakill 5 enemies within 240 range? A 10 second ICD should make it balanced :)

Now another pretty much useless trait is Cull the Weak. This trait could be pretty good if the health treshold was higher (e.g. 75%).

> @"cryorion.9532" said:

> > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > @"cryorion.9532"

> >

> > I was thinking more on Last Stand and Defy Pain on the way into work and honestly I think Anet is going to have to give Defense the Tactics treatment and just rework the traitline. Most of the traitline is passive in nature and I'd like to see it more active.

> >

> > Here is what I would change:

> >

> > Minor Adept: Rename to Disciplined Stance. While in combat to give you 5s of Retaliation on a CD of 20s. Retaliation gives you 10% damage reduction and 10% condition damage reduction.

> > Minor Master: Make Adrenal Health activate based on the amount of adrenaline spent rather than on hitting the target.

> > Minor Grandmaster: Disciplined Stance also grants Regeneration for 5s. (rename it to something else, no clue though).

> >

> > Defy Pain: Disciplined Stance grants Protection for 5s. Protection also reduces condition damage (-20%).

> > Last Stand: Reduces the CD of stances by 20% (this includes Disciplined Stance). Activating a stance grants vigor for 5s.

> >

> > This gives you better control over your source of Retaliation, Regeneration, and if you trait for it a source of protection and vigor. It also gives better control of Adrenal Health and adds in some condi mitigation.

>

> Not sure if that is really active gameplay. Those boons just proc passively, whenever off cooldown.

It's more that you activate not your enemy.

> Maybe merge Defy Pain and Last Stand traits into grandmaster trait that alters stances and allows cd reduction by active gameplay, whether it is landing burst skills, ccing/interrupting enemy or whatever. Instead of Defy Pain, new trait could improve protection effectiveness (40%) and grant protection on adrenaline spent. Maybe swap its position with Cleansing Ire.

Not a bad idea.

> Sundering Mace trait should give 50% mace CC duration increase. Change Adrenaline Rush on Counterblow to provide 10 adrenaline instead of 3

It gives a fair bit of CC duration increase now. Adrenaline Rush is only 6 adrenaline in PvE, so 10 may be a no go. I'd rather it and its sword counterpart be replaced with other things, like offensive boons for Sword OH and defensive boons for Mace MH.

> and add confusion on mace (either on Sundering Mace trait or as baseline, e.g. 3 confusion stacks on Pulverize, and on Pommel Bash - 3 confusion stacks and 6 when interrupting an enemy).

That used to be on Merciless Hammer. Not that I would complain about adding confusion baseline to Mace, but through some on Mace 5 as well.

> Armored Attack trait is stuck in 2015. This trait is pretty weird, math one for some gimmick ultra-high toughness builds. What about instead of % stat bonus, whenever warrior gets protection, they instakill 5 enemies within 240 range? A 10 second ICD should make it balanced :)

It is dated, along with the Fortitude trait in Strength. LOL at the recommendation though. Perhaps make Retaliation pulse might.

> Now another pretty much useless trait is Cull the Weak. This trait could be pretty good if the health treshold was higher (e.g. 75%).

Yeah, or just proc weakness on a critical hit with an appropriate duration.