Historical Black Lion Chest Exclusive Dyes

I’ve noticed that there used to be blue and green dye canisters you got from Black Lion chests, but it’s currently only red. Are they on a rotation/how long has it been since it’s been something besides red? (Also if this somehow ends up in he Elementalist Sub Forum I didn’t put it there and something weird is going on with my posts)

The BL canister dyes are a new thing. I don't know if it's a rotation yet because each color has only shown up once so far. You can check the wiki on the blue and green ones to see when they were in the chests and for how long. I'm not sure but I think the color change has come with each new chest "season." So at a guess we'll have something new in the chests when No Quarter releases and that may include a new BL dye hue. Yellow? Brown? Black? Purple? Who knows? :)

> @"Donari.5237" said:

> The BL canister dyes are a new thing. I don't know if it's a rotation yet because each color has only shown up once so far. You can check the wiki on the blue and green ones to see when they were in the chests and for how long. I'm not sure but I think the color change has come with each new chest "season." So at a guess we'll have something new in the chests when No Quarter releases and that may include a new BL dye hue. Yellow? Brown? Black? Purple? Who knows? :)

Hope not chests with those dyes in them are among the worst ones, think that's reflected in the price chests are selling for.

> @"Azala Yar.7693" said:

> > @"Donari.5237" said:

> > The BL canister dyes are a new thing. I don't know if it's a rotation yet because each color has only shown up once so far. You can check the wiki on the blue and green ones to see when they were in the chests and for how long. I'm not sure but I think the color change has come with each new chest "season." So at a guess we'll have something new in the chests when No Quarter releases and that may include a new BL dye hue. Yellow? Brown? Black? Purple? Who knows? :)

>

> Hope not chests with those dyes in them are among the worst ones, think that's reflected in the price chests are selling for.

I take it that means they used to sell for more than five silver?

> @"ChampionMasquerade.5283" said:

> > @"Azala Yar.7693" said:

> > > @"Donari.5237" said:

> > > The BL canister dyes are a new thing. I don't know if it's a rotation yet because each color has only shown up once so far. You can check the wiki on the blue and green ones to see when they were in the chests and for how long. I'm not sure but I think the color change has come with each new chest "season." So at a guess we'll have something new in the chests when No Quarter releases and that may include a new BL dye hue. Yellow? Brown? Black? Purple? Who knows? :)

> >

> > Hope not chests with those dyes in them are among the worst ones, think that's reflected in the price chests are selling for.

>

> I take it that means they used to sell for more than five silver?

They vary though out the year, on occasions they sell for more than 7s.

You sell that dye quickly you get about 30 silver and that won't vary much, yet in other chests you have a chance of 5 gold, I quite like the WvW ones.

They change the contents every so often. I have thought about just keeping the keys when dyes are on offer I'm sure some people do.

Like Donari said the dyes are a relatively new addition and haven't been going long enough for us to know if they'll rotate or not, but I hope they make those colours available another way eventually.

If there's specific colours you want you can buy them on the Trading Post, but since there's no way to get new ones there's a finite supply in the game and they'll eventually become very rare and expensive (and could eventually be impossible to get). I hope they add another way to get them so they don't become impossible to find or afford for most people. Especially the greens, it's the first time we've had really vivid green dyes which aren't also yellow-green or pale green.

> @"Gundahar.2765" said:

> How about Frost Dye Kit they drop, has that been a thing for a long time or not? It drops rares and exclusives, i got some nices one of those kits.

The Frost Dye Kit (and other BL Exclusive Dyes) is a different thing. This thread is about the guaranteed dye that drops and can be combined into other dyes if you have enough of it. The Exclusives are RNG; you could get one of the six colors they offer, or you could get a base game dye worth less than a silver. The Exclusives have been around a long time indeed. If you look in your dye panel and have it sorted by set, almost all the ones at the bottom are from those RNG sources in sets of six.

You can get Exclusive dyes on the trading post, ranging from a few gold to hundreds. Before spending the gold on them, check the birthday gifts on the wiki. It could be you have a character with an upcoming birthday that will have access to your choice of some of those dyes.