Sincere Thank You for the rollback presents

I tried to find an appreciation thread but I could only find complaints so I started my own.

If anyone at ANet reads this please tell the responsible people that I and a friend sincerely thank you for the very generous presents.

I play the game at least an hour everyday and I did experience the rollback but it didn't hurt me too much personally because I was convinced ANet would set me right eventually, and they did.

You can merge this or delete it or whatever as long as it reached someone who cares, I don't want this to turn into a complainer thread.

> @"JPUlisses.8756" said:

> You know people are complaining and truly unhappy with the situation yet you come here to salt the wound, nice.

Oh, i actually read the post differently, seeing as OP straight out tells anet that he got the mount for nothing, because he _didn't_ lose any progress. Which nicely underscores the crux of the whole issue.

> @"Kalem.8370" said:

> I tried to find an appreciation thread but I could only find complaints so I started my own.

> If anyone at ANet reads this please tell the responsible people that I and a friend sincerely thank you for the very generous presents.

> I play the game at least an hour everyday and I did experience the rollback but it didn't hurt me too much personally because I was convinced ANet would set me right eventually, and they did.

>

> You can merge this or delete it or whatever as long as it reached someone who cares, I don't want this to turn into a complainer thread.

>

Thanks for the positivity!

> @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > @"titje.2745" said:

> > > @"senki.1046" said:

> > > yes thank you too anet, now I have a very beautiful raptor skin :)

> >

> > i knew it, in other post you said. would be injustice if everyone gets the mount. you are the tipical gamer what i mentioned. (not to be bad at all but it's my vision about it)

> > most gamers these days is "me, only me, and others nothing" you got the reward, but doesn't want others have something nice.

> > you should be proud for being a person like that. i am sure many ppl like you for being selfish (sarcasm off) think about it.

> >

> > further have a nice day

> >

> >

>

> You can also argue that it is pretty selfish to demand from Anet to give free stuff to people who didn't lose anything which also creates a money loss for their company.

is this the very first problem with the game? no it is not, but it is the very first time something useful get handed out.(something thats worth alot of gold) so this time ppl got something but previous years ppl got useless items which is no compensation.

and about money loss, they get enough money an unfair way.(my opinion) letting sensitive (for gamble) ppl gamble their money for a skin they won't get from a black lion chest.

few weeks ago someone 135 usd gambled away. yes its their own faulth but as i said they can't control themself.

but will see what happen. I hope they admit their mistakes and take the loss and give every other player also a free mount of choice. there are also ppl who stop buying gems when they got this problem, thats also a damage. but we dont know which of those 2 is bigger, giving away 1200 gems or ppl who no longer buy gems.

I'm grateful that they compensated us. They did not have to, but they did. It shows some consideration.

However... The message their well intended effort sends is perhaps not the healthiest for the game. The fact this actively encourages people to force their way into the game during server issues and hiccups, "just in case of compensation", is a rather undesirable by-product of their kindness. **I'd rather have seen everyone compensated equally**, or not at all. But hey, their choice. These things happen so rarely anyway.

Nonethless, props to Arena Net for trying to do what's right, especially in these crazy times.