Kindly help me understand the Black lion boards currently available on the gem store

I just got back after hiatus again.

I read the wiki couple of times and still don't understand it..

So if I buy it, can I get a currency from each region (i.e season 3) daily? If its so, I want to buy all 4 currently on sale.

I would love to start working on my home, but the grind is real. 250 currency for each nodes etc

please kindly help me understand what is those black lion hunter board, etc on the store..

thank you!

You get currency from 1 map of season 3,4 depending on what board you buy I belive.

So if you chose dragonfall resources you dont get any materials from the other maps.

>https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Season_4_Expedition_Contract

>At reset, player will receive a Black Lion Delivery Box (Season 4) containing a selection of different materials and items based on the region ( read map) they've selected. The box is delivered via in-game mail.

I think what your having problems with on wiki is this line

>Having purchased more than one requisition contract will cause all of them to be received together in Black Lion Delivery Box (combined).

It refers to if you have both season 3 and 4 board you will get both maps 1 from season 3 and 1 from season 4 in the same mail.

Edit

You can convert the newest living story materials into season 4 useing karma.

If you do go for the board I think the best would be to take dragonfall since you can convert that 5 times daily to the other maps currency

I cant tell you for sure because I dont have the boards myself, but my understanding is that every day, you can get 1 box of items from the region you pick, which does include, among other things, a few pieces of the harvestable "currency" for each region.

With that said, it's your money, BUT the Skyscale currency grind is very doable without it. I did it myself in a few weeks a few different ways:

1. PVP Reward tracks. Do one or two matches a day, aim to fulfill at least 2 of the PvP Daily achievements. Doing the Istan track along should net you all 250 Kralk ore you need. The other tracks manage much less per full track, but they're still a semi-passive source of extra currency.

2. If you have the Volatile Energy to spare, the main vendor in the Dragonfall base camp sells 5 of each currency (or 25 kralk ore) every day, for volatile energy. It does add up.

3. If you have a lot of spare Karma, you can do the Drakkar and Snows of Winter meta events and the vendors offer 10 of each regional currency for 75 Eternal Ice plus a few thousand Karma.

Combine all this with the usual doing map metas and map hearts, and I find it's a pretty solid thing.

Again, it's up to you, but I'm telling you, it's possible without the boards, so dont feel obligated to buy them if you dont have the extra scratch. Even at best, they only give a small amount of one currency a day, so they won't speed up the grind THAT much.

o ok... got it.. so they are diferent than nodes. They only give mats daily via mail.

Lets say you dont log in for 1 week, will the mail accumulate or will it remain 1 until claimed?

another question, how many pieces per currency will they give each day?

thank you!

thank you!

> @"torakun.9638" said:

> o ok... got it.. so they are diferent than nodes. They only give mats daily via mail.

>

> Lets say you dont log in for 1 week, will the mail accumulate or will it remain 1 until claimed?

>

> another question, how many pieces per currency will they give each day?

>

> thank you!

> thank you!

it will be 1 mail if you login daily and still only 1 mail if you login after 2+ days

It's something that will almost never pay itself off and isnt shareable. Its better to just turn gems into gold. It would probably take 3 years of logging in every day to equal the price.

Get nodes first you can share with friends and guildies.