EU servers down? (18 may)

Damn. I can't login. Now I'm gonna miss the rewards. :D

A bit weird that it is monday again though - I hope this won't happen regularly on mondays now.

I'm from Germany. My ISP is "Telekom" and I did not have any lag problems in the last days when other people (also from my country) reported lags and problems with the servers.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"L Bagrova.1372" said:

> > @"gert.7698" said:

> > Looks like the EU servers are down again? Anyone else with these problems? I can't login for more then an hour.. I also saw some messages on the facebook page from other players.

>

> i dont have problems with login

are you from NA or any continent that isnt EU :P?

if so you might use the NA authenticator and thus send you into the game that way since you say your able to log in without any issues

Yeah. That could make sense. There has to be a different check (probably based on IP/physical location and routing) cause ... before even logging in the servers can't know which region (home world/server) you are using to play on. We don't know the exact setup in the background. I guess only ArenaNet knows.

> @"Luthan.5236" said:

> Yeah. That could make sense. There has to be a different check (probably based on IP/physical location and routing) cause ... before even logging in the servers can't know which region (home world/server) you are using to play on. We don't know the exact setup in the background. I ~~guess only~~ **doubt even** ArenaNet knows.

Fixed for you.

> @"Ryumi.5102" said:

> > @"L Bagrova.1372" said:

> > > @"gert.7698" said:

> > > Looks like the EU servers are down again? Anyone else with these problems? I can't login for more then an hour.. I also saw some messages on the facebook page from other players.

> >

> > i dont have problems with login

>

> are you from NA or any continent that isnt EU :P?

> if so you might use the NA authenticator and thus send you into the game that way since you say your able to log in without any issues

EU DE

> @"Tyncale.1629" said:

> I went ahead, fired up my VPN and chose an US server and made a brand new account. Always wanted to be a newbie on a US server. Well, at least playing now. The new tutorial quest at least makes me feel I am making huge progress. :)

I first tried logging in on my VPN saying I was in Canada because I'm in the middle of my story mode in PoF, but nope didn't work.

It's not just the EU servers, my second account is on NA and I can't log into that one either. Plus people who are already in-game are ok. I think it's the login server rather than the ones actually running the game which is having problems. I suspect it's mainly EU players noticing because it's the middle of the night in the Americas (where I assume most NA players are)

Now I have to decide whether to stick with the excuse that my hair's still wet from the shower and play something else or get on with the stuff I'm supposed to be doing today. :/

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> It's not just the EU servers, my second account is on NA and I can't log into that one either. Plus people who are already in-game are ok. I think it's the login server rather than the ones actually running the game which is having problems. I suspect it's mainly EU players noticing because it's the middle of the night in the Americas (where I assume most NA players are)

>

> Now I have to decide whether to stick with the excuse that my hair's still wet from the shower and play something else or get on with the stuff I'm supposed to be doing today. :/

Well, after I made that brand new account when logged into a US server through my VPN I could log in just fine. Another account that I made a year ago but never played or logged into before could not log in though, even though I was using VPN and a US server. That account was made when I was not logged into my VPN/US server.

> @"Tyncale.1629" said:

> Well, after I made that brand new account when logged into a US server through my VPN I could log in just fine. Another account that I made a year ago but never played or logged into before could not log in though, even though I was using VPN and a US server. That account was made when I was not logged into my VPN/US server.

That almost seems like the location at account creation determines which login server you are using. (And further region changes by changing "home world" to another region server might not affect this.) I mean ... for the game and ping while playing it doesn't matter. Could totally be possible that you log in at the EU login server and then play in NA game servers.