Rytlock Vs. Tribune

Yes, non-charr do also refer to Rytlock as tribune every now and then although charr players would obviously use the title more often when necessary as per legion custom.

**SPOILERS FOR PATH OF FIRE**

The latest moments in the story where non-charr have specifically used the rank to refer to Rytlock have been towards the end of PoF story in "Beast of War" (where the Commander and Rytlock talk about Sohothin: "I'm honored, Tribune. I'll bring it back in one piece.") and "A Small Victory (Epilogue)" (where the Commander cheekily refuses to tell Rytlock whether the Commander has talked to Kasmeer before Rytlock: "Sorry, Tribune. I'm not saying."). :)

> @"Kossage.9072" said:

> Yes, non-charr do also refer to Rytlock as tribune every now and then although charr players would obviously use the title more often when necessary as per legion custom.

>

> **SPOILERS FOR PATH OF FIRE**

>

> The latest moments in the story where non-charr have specifically used the rank to refer to Rytlock have been towards the end of PoF story in "Beast of War" (where the Commander and Rytlock talk about Sohothin: "I'm honored, Tribune. I'll bring it back in one piece.") and "A Small Victory (Epilogue)" (where the Commander cheekily refuses to tell Rytlock whether the Commander has talked to Kasmeer before Rytlock: "Sorry, Tribune. I'm not saying."). :)

I’ve always found it funny how the Charr character still calls him that since he specifically told us not to in the Charr section of the personal story

> @"ChampionMasquerade.5283" said:

> I’ve always found it funny how the Charr character still calls him that since he specifically told us not to in the Charr section of the personal story

The charr player likely continues using "tribune" out of respect for Rytlock's superior rank (since we're still of centurion rank in the legions) even when Rytlock himself prefers to act more casual (interestingly, in some later story instances like "Facing the Truth" Rytlock formally refers to the Commander as a superior, a "boss", despite outranking the Commander in legion hierarchy, which shows that Rytlock considers the Commander the guild leader even though he has more combat experience and is a veteran from Destiny's Edge). In the quotes I've provided in my earlier post, the charr player has gradually been using "tribune" in a playful way too so it shows the relationship between the two charr evolving over time even if the formality is still there between the two in some cases (the Commander occasionally calling Rytlock "tribune" while Rytlock may use "boss" to refer to the Commander every now and then). :)