Optimal settings for new PC? (over heating issues)

My old PC died a while back, while playing GW2 ha ha. The graphics card... um... uh... wow all my terms would not be family friendly... well it failed. It was a 10 year old HP, i7,

The new machine just came in. It is mostly this:

• Intel Core i7-9700KF Processor 3.6GHz

• NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB GDDR6

• 32GB DDR4-3600 RAM

• 1TB NVMe SSD

• Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

• MasterLiquid ML240L 240mm RGB Water Cooling Kit

• ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4S/AC System Board.

The graphics card is labeled Zotac. No visible model number. All I know about it is that there are 3 DP & 1 HDMI on the back...

After a one week download of the game (yes, the Philippines internet is subpar), the game loaded up and automatically set all the graphics to high. Running around doing regular fighting, it was ok. But any cut scene, would go black and the computer would freeze up. The chip cooler was smoking hot. I had the same issue with my old PC, only with GW2. In the old PC I had to pull the side panel and place a usb fan blowing in to keep it from overheating - after setting all the graphics options low. (that was HP, i7, 8 Gb RAM, don't remember which graphics card)

The room is too hot for human comfort. I live in a jungle so even with the aircon running 24/7 the room is still 77 F (or 25 C). The humidity is crazy high as well. As the old song says "Welcome to the jungle" (not the same jungle?).

**So, I set all the graphic options to medium'ish. As I said, it set itself all up to max. Now it works without overheating, but I would think this PC should be able to handle better than 'medium' graphics. Any ideas what settings this should be able to handle? Do you need more stats? ** As an old Ultima Online player, obviously I am not overly concerned with graphics, but would like to see what would be best for this setup.

GW2 isn't GPU bound, it's likely the computer came with garbage airflow and cooling. If the case isn't exhausting hot air and intaking cool air your graphics card recirculates hot air until it throttles. It's more prone to happen if the case has the all-in-one liquid cooler set as intake since it preheats the air in the case.

Per https://www.zotac.com/pk/product/graphics_card/GeForce-RTX-2070-SUPER/all all the cards are axial fan design and not blowers that you normally see on OEM machines with poor airflow.

I found a sticker on the graphics card it is a Zotac RTX 2070 Super Mini.

The box is all fans and open spaces. Very odd layout for a PC. The entire top is a filtered opening for the 2 fans on the cooler master. The entire front is solid (no expansion for DVD etc). Inside the whole front panel is 2 large fans. There are vents along the sides, near the front. Under a shelf at the bottom is the power supply, with fan. And the graphics card has 2 fans. The upper back has vents where the power supply normally would go, but no fan. I never seen so many fans... I would hope the airflow would be enough... and it is - except for GW2.

Here is the auto detect settings:

![](https://titotim.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/auto-detect-1.jpg "")

Here is the settings I am currently using:

![](https://titotim.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/lower-settings-1.jpg "")

I have never figured out how people link pics here...

> @"Tukaram.8256" said:

> I found a sticker on the graphics card it is a Zotac RTX 2070 Super Mini.

> The box is all fans and open spaces. Very odd layout for a PC. The entire top is a filtered opening for the 2 fans on the cooler master. The entire front is solid (no expansion for DVD etc). Inside the whole front panel is 2 large fans. There are vents along the sides, near the front. Under a shelf at the bottom is the power supply, with fan. And the graphics card has 2 fans. The upper back has vents where the power supply normally would go, but no fan. I never seen so many fans... I would hope the airflow would be enough... and it is - except for GW2.

>

> Here is the auto detect settings:

> ![](https://titotim.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/auto-detect-1.jpg "")

>

>

> Here is the settings I am currently using:

> ![](https://titotim.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/lower-settings-1.jpg "")

>

> I have never figured out how people link pics here...

Have you tried using something like msi afterburner to measure temps? That can tell you if your CPU/GPU is overheating, but to be honest I think your system should have great temps given all the cooling capacity in your case. Could very well be a driver issue of some sort.

it's normal the GPU will feel hot, but that might not mean it's overheating; gpu's can go up to 80 degrees without issues at all, of course it will feel hot but that doesn't mean the GPU overheats per se (temp limit on modern nvidia gpu's is 105 degrees Celsius or something, at that temp the card will shut down, but you want your gpu to be at 80 degrees or below of course)