Customize Suggestion for Eternity

So here's a minor suggestion for Eternity which I believe it deserves, after all it is the most expensive legendary in the game.

Adding a customize option allowing the player to select the appearance of Eternity. The changing appearance is a great idea in theory but causes issues when trying to match it with a characters look. A simple drop down could be added to the customize menu with the following options:

* Sunrise Variant

* Twilight Variant

* Original Dynamic

With this people can continue to use the weapon as normal or choose to make the appearance static if desired.

Of course this is an old weapon and Anet have better things to spend time on but its the little things that count and personally I would love to have this option.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> So if I sell Twilight and Sunrise and buy eternity from tp, I get to use all 3 skins AND make a profit? I see this as an absolute win!

Well this is how it currently works anyway, if you equip Eternity you get the Sunrise and Twilight skins unlocked with all precursors. Eternity is actually different to the Sunrise and Twilight skins but looks similar. So it makes sense to have this option as u do not get anything extra you didn't already have. Just the option to control which form Eternity will take.

Otherwise I could just skin over Eternity with the Sunrise skin i got when i equipped Eternity(which would make Eternity redundant as you could just get Sunrise). But i want the improved look that comes with Eternity without it changing based on day/night.

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

> Wouldn't it be easier to make the skins free to apply?

No because Eternity has improved skins to the Sunrise/Twilight ones. Or they would be no point in making Eternity. I have about 900 transmutation charges so re-skin is not an issue. The problem is I want the new Eternity look but without it dynamically changing.

> @"Floppy.4936" said:

> So here's a minor suggestion for Eternity which I believe it deserves, after all it is the most expensive legendary in the game.

>

> Adding a customize option allowing the player to select the appearance of Eternity. The changing appearance is a great idea in theory but causes issues when trying to match it with a characters look. A simple drop down could be added to the customize menu with the following options:

> * Sunrise Variant

> * Twilight Variant

> * Original Dynamic

>

> With this people can continue to use the weapon as normal or choose to make the appearance static if desired.

> Of course this is an old weapon and Anet have better things to spend time on but its the little things that count and personally I would love to have this option.

If there are going to be updates to older Legendary weapons, there are a number of other weapons that could use some love before this.

> If there are going to be updates to older Legendary weapons, there are a number of other weapons that could use some love before this.

Well this comes down to opinion but I would argue against this. As mentioned Eternity is the most expensive Legendary and does have this unique changing appearance mechanic which no other weapon has. I am not asking for any visual overhauls/updates, just a simple option to choose from the existing visual styles.

> @"Floppy.4936" said:

> > If there are going to be updates to older Legendary weapons, there are a number of other weapons that could use some love before this.

>

> Well this comes down to opinion but I would argue against this. As mentioned Eternity is the most expensive Legendary and does have this unique changing appearance mechanic which no other weapon has. I am not asking for any visual overhauls/updates, just a simple option to choose from the existing visual styles.

>

>

> @"Floppy.4936" said:

> > If there are going to be updates to older Legendary weapons, there are a number of other weapons that could use some love before this.

>

> Well this comes down to opinion but I would argue against this. As mentioned Eternity is the most expensive Legendary and does have this unique changing appearance mechanic which no other weapon has. I am not asking for any visual overhauls/updates, just a simple option to choose from the existing visual styles.

>

>

Not entirely correct.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sharur

> Not entirely correct.

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sharur

So i agree that some Legendary's are very disappointing such as that one and the 2nd gen torch, hover i refer back to me previous statement. The state of other skins is a bit irrelevant to my suggestion as I am not referring to visual overhauls but instead the unique mechanic that only Eternity has.

It seems people have misunderstood what I am suggesting here and likely do fully not know how Eternity works.

> @"Floppy.4936" said:

> > Not entirely correct.

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sharur

>

> So i agree that some Legendary's are very disappointing such as that one and the 2nd gen torch, hover i refer back to me previous statement. The state of other skins is a bit irrelevant to my suggestion as I am not referring to visual overhauls but instead the unique mechanic that only Eternity has.

>

> It seems people have misunderstood what I am suggesting here and likely do fully not know how Eternity works.

>

I own eternity. Like Sharur it flips skins depending on day/night

> I own eternity. Like Sharur it flips skins depending on day/night

Oh i see, I though only eternity had this effect. I guess this will also apply to Sharur although the the variations of this weapons are fairly similar unlike Eternity.