Heavy armor fashion issue + suggestions

Is it just me who thinks that all the heavy armor looks horrible. I play human warrior and I struggle to find any decent armor, specially leggings and chest. 95% of the leggings looks like you wearing a skirts on top of them when in combat which I personally hate. We get a lot of decent gloves, boots and shoulder in the gem store but never any chest or leggings . So can you show of your heavy class armor (preferably humans) when in combat/out of combat for some inspiration. Thanks!

Heavy Armor leggings without a skrit:

- Elegy Tassests and Requiem Tassets (require LS4 - A Star to guide us)

- Heavy Plate Legguards

- Mist Shard Tassets and Blossoming Mist Shard Tassets (require LS4 - War Eternal)

- Runic Slayer Tassets

- Studded Plate Leggings

Note: Most of the skins have been added recently. The problem is known, so more leggings without skirts were added.

Heavy Armor leggings without a real skirt:

- Aetherblade Heavy Legplate (Gemstore, BL Statuettes sometimes)

- Legendary Raid Armor + Precursors

- Flame Legion Legguards

- Heavy Corsair Leggings (require LS4 - All or nothing)

- Heritage Legplates (requires a linked GW1 account)

- Primeval Legplates (Gemstore, BL Statuettes sometimes)

- Priory's Histroical Tassets

- Whisper's Secret Tassets

Creating outfits takes some time. I only own one true warrior look and that thing looks absolutely hilarious. I rather gear medium and light armor classes so they look like heavy armors. What kind of style are you looking for in particular? Keywords? Pictures? Characters from series/movies/games?

> @"Roche.7491" said:

> Agree almost all heavy Armor looks bulky,

>

> Solution: Get an outfit.

I using an outfit. But even those they are very few which I like, and most of them they are not available in the gem store at the moment.

> @"HnRkLnXqZ.1870" said:

> Heavy Armor leggings without a skrit:

> - Elegy Tassests and Requiem Tassets (require LS4 - A Star to guide us)

> - Heavy Plate Legguards

> - Mist Shard Tassets and Blossoming Mist Shard Tassets (require LS4 - War Eternal)

> - Runic Slayer Tassets

> - Studded Plate Leggings

>

> Note: Most of the skins have been added recently. The problem is known, so more leggings without skirts were added.

>

> Heavy Armor leggings without a real skirt:

> - Aetherblade Heavy Legplate (Gemstore, BL Statuettes sometimes)

> - Legendary Raid Armor + Precursors

> - Flame Legion Legguards

> - Heavy Corsair Leggings (require LS4 - All or nothing)

> - Heritage Legplates (requires a linked GW1 account)

> - Primeval Legplates (Gemstore, BL Statuettes sometimes)

> - Priory's Histroical Tassets

> - Whisper's Secret Tassets

>

> Creating outfits takes some time. I only own one true warrior look and that thing looks absolutely hilarious. I rather gear medium and light armor classes so they look like heavy armors. What kind of style are you looking for in particular? Keywords? Pictures? Characters from series/movies/games?

Thanks for the suggestion, I will have a look at them.

As for style some of my favourite game outfits/armours come from an old MMO called Vindictus. The Deadwind set for kai is one of my favourite armour. I don't have any of the screenshots of my old characters but I would always find very good combination of armour in that game.

> @"firedragon.8953" said:

> Yeah I wish there were also some more sleek and "refined" looking armors. Maybe something like this but minus the large spikes on the pauldrons.

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/NLYtxUU.jpg"")

>

> I kinda just gave up and went full skirt. As a norn, refinement means something else.

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/PEYDicD.jpg"")

>

>

>

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Heavy_Houndskin_Mantle

Try this shoulder :)

I remember Vindictus, the one with the _special_ physics engine for female characters. That Deathwind Set looks a bit weird with the colors and that helmet. I'll give it a try

>! ![](https://i.imgur.com/VsLzeha.jpg "")

>! Heavy Plate Helm

>! Grasping Dead Pauldrons

>! Inquest Breastplate

>! Barbaric Gloves

>! Priory's Historical Tassets

>! Whisper's Secret Greaves

Copying the exact armor is difficult. Especially as I focused only on gear that is easy to acquire = no gemstore stuff and no too long quest-lines. You never really meet the quality of the original, but it is a good inspiration.

This is an armor-look I created after experimenting a little with the one above. It uses some elements, but also tries to find a line of continuity so it does not look like randomly bodged together.

>! ![](https://i.imgur.com/vkQG3wi.jpg "")

>! Inquest Helm

>! Carapace Pauldrons

>! Inquest Breastplate

>! Carapace Gauntlets

>! Priory's Historical Tassets

>! Carapace Greaves

Coloring is a different question. I am not that good at it.

[EDIT] @"firedragon.8953"

The skinny armors also exist, but only for females. It is actually easier to get that look while trying on medium armor classes :S.

An armor combination that gets pretty close would be this

>! ![](https://i.imgur.com/MGlvrdZ.jpg "")

>! Primeval Chest and Leggings

>! Leystone Helmet

>! Mistward Shoulder, Gloves and Boots

Everything is subjective of course, but class/gender also play a role. I once tried to make a male Sylvari character, and noticed that no matter what armor weight he showed, he always looked chubby. Like even in heavy armor, wearing a chainmail shirt, it looks like he should switch to Light Beer or something. So I made my teef a female Sylvari instead.

I really enjoy all my character's looks, but my top favorites are both Heavy Armor, so it definitely can be done.

What I find truly sucky is medium armor: most of them are either buttcapes (looks good on Ranger, bad on Thief) or what looks like chain/plate armor, only at the medium weight (WvW/PvP armor, Runic armor, etc)

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> What I find truly sucky is medium armor: most of them are either buttcapes (looks good on Ranger, bad on Thief) or what looks like chain/plate armor, only at the medium weight (WvW/PvP armor, Runic armor, etc)

I play mostly medium weight professions and the darn buttcapes really limit the choices. =/

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> What I find truly sucky is medium armor: most of them are either **buttcapes**

That's because the design team for some reason constantly puts textures which are supposed to be part of the leg armor on the chest armor.

> @"Gnomeo.1493" said:

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Heavy_Houndskin_Mantle

>

> Try this shoulder :)

Oh that's nice! It may be a while before I get into LWS3 to try to get it though. Something to look forward to.

> @"HnRkLnXqZ.1870" said:

> The skinny armors also exist, but only for females. It is actually easier to get that look while trying on medium armor classes :S.

>

> An armor combination that gets pretty close would be this

> >! ![](https://i.imgur.com/MGlvrdZ.jpg "")

> >! Primeval Chest and Leggings

> >! Leystone Helmet

> >! Mistward Shoulder, Gloves and Boots

>

Yeah Primeval can still get close, but still seems to have a "micro skirt", which I think can be worse in some cases than the normal skirts, on a male norn anyway because it makes the thighs look extra chunky, haha. But I actually really do like the design of the Primeval armor, well, the inlay design of the chest and leggings but not so much the pauldrons which are comically large and the gloves with somewhat fuzzy-looking bone textures. Priory Historical Tassets seem to be the easiest to get that sleek non-skirt look in my opinion.

I wish there were more armors that wouldn't make my norn female character look like a damn can (most of the armor pieces look like someone sculpted in metal without knowing what they're doing). I wish for more cloth, but not the kind that behaves like a sheet of metal. Actual cloth. It's probably one of the few aspects of this game that I really dislike - lack of nice looking armor sets. Even with outfits, they always seem to screw something up - an entire outfit is nice, but they have to make the shoulders like a titanic so that it would be ruined.

They are obsessed with buttcapes/flaps/skirts/insert literally anything that isn't normal looking armor.

I feel you especially as heavy armor, it just sucks bad.

I made a thread a while back about it, and searched a ton of topics, I am 100% sure they are aware but just don't care cuz its their style they want.

I expect more of the same, they really hate normal armor.

> @"I Rubra Caelum I.1530" said:

> Even with outfits, they always seem to screw something up - an entire outfit is nice, but they have to make the shoulders like a titanic so that it would be ruined.

Agreed. There are a few outfits I passed over because of the gaudy shoulders. Ugh.