Arenanet once again screwing Necro's?

Psiconian.3581

> @"Mister Asdasd.6194" said:

> Of course a class that was way overpowered and received the intended balance will now seem weak to the people who got used to roflstomp in pvp wvw and pve without effort, just sitting there watching as conditions mount on the enemy and taking half their life away per tick.

10k dps nerf is a pretty massive nerf, and he/she isn't the only person.Also:Its funny since warriors are crying about the 12.5% nerf warriors just got yet they are way more viable.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

> Of course a class that was way overpowered and received the intended balance will now seem weak to the people who got used to roflstomp in pvp wvw and pve without effort, just sitting there watching as conditions mount on the enemy and taking half their life away per tick.

I agree that the wvw fix was necessary, but not for pve.

> @Axl.8924 said:

> > @"Mister Asdasd.6194" said:

> > Of course a class that was way overpowered and received the intended balance will now seem weak to the people who got used to roflstomp in pvp wvw and pve without effort, just sitting there watching as conditions mount on the enemy and taking half their life away per tick.

>

> 10k dps nerf is a pretty massive nerf, and he/she isn't the only person.Also:Its funny since warriors are crying about the 12.5% nerf warriors just got yet they are way more viable.

Fixing a 10k extra DPS due to a bug is not a nerf.

> @"Sir Vincent III.1286" said:

> > @Axl.8924 said:

> > > @"Mister Asdasd.6194" said:

> > > Of course a class that was way overpowered and received the intended balance will now seem weak to the people who got used to roflstomp in pvp wvw and pve without effort, just sitting there watching as conditions mount on the enemy and taking half their life away per tick.

> >

> > 10k dps nerf is a pretty massive nerf, and he/she isn't the only person.Also:Its funny since warriors are crying about the 12.5% nerf warriors just got yet they are way more viable.

>

> Fixing a 10k extra DPS due to a bug is not a nerf.

It literally is when they randomly decided a skill no one thought was broken was a bug and fixed it. This is especially true when they did this resulting in ~10k DPS loss without offering compensation somewhere else for this.

> @Atticus.7194 said:

> > @"Sir Vincent III.1286" said:

> > > @Axl.8924 said:

> > > > @"Mister Asdasd.6194" said:

> > > > Of course a class that was way overpowered and received the intended balance will now seem weak to the people who got used to roflstomp in pvp wvw and pve without effort, just sitting there watching as conditions mount on the enemy and taking half their life away per tick.

> > >

> > > 10k dps nerf is a pretty massive nerf, and he/she isn't the only person.Also:Its funny since warriors are crying about the 12.5% nerf warriors just got yet they are way more viable.

> >

> > Fixing a 10k extra DPS due to a bug is not a nerf.

>

> It literally is when they randomly decided a skill no one thought was broken was a bug and fixed it. This is especially true when they did this resulting in ~10k DPS loss without offering compensation somewhere else for this.

The last i checked, didnt the tooltip say about how the skills were MEANT to only hit players/creatures ONCE per a cast, but they werent. Getting hit by the Necro + all the shades. That is a bug. That got fixed. It does show how STRONG that bug was though and should ahev been fixed VERY early, if not before the game released.

> > @Axl.8924 said:

> > > Of course a class that was way overpowered and received the intended balance will now seem weak to the people who got used to roflstomp in pvp wvw and pve without effort, just sitting there watching as conditions mount on the enemy and taking half their life away per tick.

> >

> > 10k dps nerf is a pretty massive nerf, and he/she isn't the only person.Also:Its funny since warriors are crying about the 12.5% nerf warriors just got yet they are way more viable.

>

Sand shades was 20 seconds now lasts 10 seconds Also:Dhuunfire doesn't stack anymore, and is bugged.It only gives out 1 and then doesn't do anymore.Also:There are other stuff but i don't remember exactly.

Manifest Sand Shade: Sand shade duration was reduced from 20 seconds to 10 seconds in PvP and WvW only.

Nefarious Favor: The cooldown of this skill was increased from 5 seconds to 8 seconds in PvP and WvW only.

> Of course a class that was way overpowered

In PVE, it wasn't. You can see this by the fact that nerfing our damage moved us from "below other classes, but near the top" to "far below every DPS option and slightly below cPS warriors, who contribute much stronger support".

> > @Axl.8924 said:

> >

>

I don't think it matters wether it was a nerf or bug fix. It made scourge less than average either way.

> @Psiconian.3581 said:

> > > @Axl.8924 said:

> > > > Of course a class that was way overpowered and received the intended balance will now seem weak to the people who got used to roflstomp in pvp wvw and pve without effort, just sitting there watching as conditions mount on the enemy and taking half their life away per tick.

> > >

> > > 10k dps nerf is a pretty massive nerf, and he/she isn't the only person.Also:Its funny since warriors are crying about the 12.5% nerf warriors just got yet they are way more viable.

> >

>

> I don't think it matters wether it was a nerf or bug fix. It made scourge less than average either way.

If they intended for the Scourge to have that much DPS, then it's fine to fix the bug first then rebalance. According to Karl, this is just a bug fix and the balance is yet to be released. So, IMO, I would wait for the balance patch before evaluating the Scourge's DPS. The DPS drop is obviously going to happen.

> @Axl.8924 said:

> > > @Axl.8924 said:

> > >

> >

>

> Sand shades was 20 seconds now lasts 10 seconds Also:Dhuunfire doesn't stack anymore, and is bugged.It only gives out 1 and then doesn't do anymore.Also:There are other stuff but i don't remember exactly.

>

> Manifest Sand Shade: Sand shade duration was reduced from 20 seconds to 10 seconds in PvP and WvW only.

> Nefarious Favor: The cooldown of this skill was increased from 5 seconds to 8 seconds in PvP and WvW only.

>

In WvW and PvP, it's all about dumping as many conditions as soon as possible, so reducing the duration of the shades doesn't affect that. If this happened in PvE, such it's a big nerf but we're talking about WvW and PvP in that patch.

> @Psiconian.3581 said:

> > > @Axl.8924 said:

> > >

> >

>

> I don't think it matters wether it was a nerf or bug fix. It made scourge less than average either way.

If they intended for the Scourge to have that much DPS, then it's fine to fix the bug first then rebalance. According to Karl, this is just a bug fix and the balance is yet to be released. So, IMO, I would wait for the balance patch before evaluating the Scourge's DPS. The DPS drop is obviously going to happen.

> @Axl.8924 said:

> > > @Axl.8924 said:

> > >

> >

>

> Sand shades was 20 seconds now lasts 10 seconds Also:Dhuunfire doesn't stack anymore, and is bugged.It only gives out 1 and then doesn't do anymore.Also:There are other stuff but i don't remember exactly.

>

> Manifest Sand Shade: Sand shade duration was reduced from 20 seconds to 10 seconds in PvP and WvW only.

> Nefarious Favor: The cooldown of this skill was increased from 5 seconds to 8 seconds in PvP and WvW only.

>

In WvW and PvP, it's all about dumping as many conditions as soon as possible, so reducing the duration of the shades doesn't affect that. If this happened in PvE, such it's a big nerf but we're talking about WvW and PvP in that patch.

> Necro with Scourge is not just about DPS. Unlike the Reaper, Scourge has a party buff in a form of barriers. You can't be dealing a lot of damage at the same time putting up barriers -- that's just broken and obviously not intended.

Reaper does shit DPS as well. Warrior with every spec has superb support and superb DPS.

> Necro with Scourge is not just about DPS. Unlike the Reaper, Scourge has a party buff in a form of barriers. You can't be dealing a lot of damage at the same time putting up barriers -- that's just broken and obviously not intended.

Reaper does shit DPS as well. Warrior with every spec has superb support and superb DPS.

Also we all know how anet balances things when it comes to necro : heavily nerf and slightly buff some other unwanted mechanic. Maybe we get some random reaper GS skill buffed to compensate for the scourge nerf. It doenst make sense or fix problems but it looks positive in the patch notes.

> > @Psiconian.3581 said:

> > > @"Sir Vincent III.1286" said:

> > > > @Axl.8924 said:

> > > > > @"Mister Asdasd.6194" said:

> > > > > Of course a class that was way overpowered and received the intended balance will now seem weak to the people who got used to roflstomp in pvp wvw and pve without effort, just sitting there watching as conditions mount on the enemy and taking half their life away per tick.

> > > >

> > > > 10k dps nerf is a pretty massive nerf, and he/she isn't the only person.Also:Its funny since warriors are crying about the 12.5% nerf warriors just got yet they are way more viable.

> > >

> > > Fixing a 10k extra DPS due to a bug is not a nerf.

> >

> > I don't think it matters wether it was a nerf or bug fix. It made scourge less than average either way.

>

> If they intended for the Scourge to have that much DPS, then it's fine to fix the bug first then rebalance. According to Karl, this is just a bug fix and the balance is yet to be released. So, IMO, I would wait for the balance patch before evaluating the Scourge's DPS. The DPS drop is obviously going to happen.

>

> > @Axl.8924 said:

> > > > @Axl.8924 said:

> > > > > Of course a class that was way overpowered and received the intended balance will now seem weak to the people who got used to roflstomp in pvp wvw and pve without effort, just sitting there watching as conditions mount on the enemy and taking half their life away per tick.

> > > >

> > > > 10k dps nerf is a pretty massive nerf, and he/she isn't the only person.Also:Its funny since warriors are crying about the 12.5% nerf warriors just got yet they are way more viable.

> > >

> >

> > Sand shades was 20 seconds now lasts 10 seconds Also:Dhuunfire doesn't stack anymore, and is bugged.It only gives out 1 and then doesn't do anymore.Also:There are other stuff but i don't remember exactly.

> >

> > Manifest Sand Shade: Sand shade duration was reduced from 20 seconds to 10 seconds in PvP and WvW only.

> > Nefarious Favor: The cooldown of this skill was increased from 5 seconds to 8 seconds in PvP and WvW only.

> >

>

> In WvW and PvP, it's all about dumping as many conditions as soon as possible, so reducing the duration of the shades doesn't affect that. If this happened in PvE, such it's a big nerf but we're talking about WvW and PvP in that patch.

The shades themselves duration is halved though, and most nerfs are towards pvp and WVW

> > @Psiconian.3581 said:

> > > > @Axl.8924 said:

> > > >

> > >

> >

> > I don't think it matters wether it was a nerf or bug fix. It made scourge less than average either way.

>

> If they intended for the Scourge to have that much DPS, then it's fine to fix the bug first then rebalance. According to Karl, this is just a bug fix and the balance is yet to be released. So, IMO, I would wait for the balance patch before evaluating the Scourge's DPS. The DPS drop is obviously going to happen.

>

> > @Axl.8924 said:

> > > > @Axl.8924 said:

> > > >

> > >

> >

> > Sand shades was 20 seconds now lasts 10 seconds Also:Dhuunfire doesn't stack anymore, and is bugged.It only gives out 1 and then doesn't do anymore.Also:There are other stuff but i don't remember exactly.

> >

> > Manifest Sand Shade: Sand shade duration was reduced from 20 seconds to 10 seconds in PvP and WvW only.

> > Nefarious Favor: The cooldown of this skill was increased from 5 seconds to 8 seconds in PvP and WvW only.

> >

>

> In WvW and PvP, it's all about dumping as many conditions as soon as possible, so reducing the duration of the shades doesn't affect that. If this happened in PvE, such it's a big nerf but we're talking about WvW and PvP in that patch.

The shades themselves duration is halved though, and most nerfs are towards pvp and WVW

> @Brujeria.7536 said:

> > Necro with Scourge is not just about DPS. Unlike the Reaper, Scourge has a party buff in a form of barriers. You can't be dealing a lot of damage at the same time putting up barriers -- that's just broken and obviously not intended.

>

> Reaper does kitten DPS as well. Warrior with every spec has superb support and superb DPS.

>

> Also we all know how anet balances things when it comes to necro : heavily nerf and slightly buff some other unwanted mechanic. Maybe we get some random reaper GS skill buffed to compensate for the scourge nerf. It doenst make sense or fix problems but it looks positive in the patch notes.

Hahaha laught my ass off reading that.

> @Brujeria.7536 said:

> > Necro with Scourge is not just about DPS. Unlike the Reaper, Scourge has a party buff in a form of barriers. You can't be dealing a lot of damage at the same time putting up barriers -- that's just broken and obviously not intended.

>

> Reaper does kitten DPS as well. Warrior with every spec has superb support and superb DPS.

>

Yes, I agree when compared to Warrior. However, it seems that they are going in a right direction and didn't quite get there yet.

> Also we all know how anet balances things when it comes to necro : heavily nerf and slightly buff some other unwanted mechanic. Maybe we get some random reaper GS skill buffed to compensate for the scourge nerf. It doenst make sense or fix problems but it looks positive in the patch notes.

lol, so true.

I'm not saying that I'm happy with the DPS loss, I just like giving them the benefit of a doubt. I know for a fact that Scourge deals ridiculous damage especially in WvW, so I choose to wait and see what they're going to do next.

And if they didn't compensate us for that loss, I'll be here raising my Scourge torch as well.

Idk what you're talking about. Necros are fine. They just fixed the gankfest of WvW and PvP while PvE they're still strong. The raiding community is a wildly unreliable bunch of ninnies.

I agree with many above comments though, they want scourge to be support...so for the love of Balthazar, give reaper some love.

> @Cuddy.6247 said:

> Idk what you're talking about. Necros are fine. They just fixed the gankfest of WvW and PvP while PvE they're still strong.

If "strong" means "below every other damage spec in damage, while also being below support specs in damage and contributing less support", then yes, Necros are "strong".

Of course, you being a firebrand player (a class with far more damage AND better support at the same time) makes this even more ironic.

WvW is infested with necros, when you see an infestation that big, you know something is wrong, something is making people choose necro over all other classes, people don't choose necro because it sucks in WvW, no, people choose necro because they know is OP as fuck! The population in WvW tells a lot about what class is OP and what class is weak.

> @Hitman.5829 said:

> WvW is infested with necros, when you see an infestation that big, you know something is wrong, something is making people choose necro over all other classes, people don't choose necro because it sucks in WvW, no, people choose necro because they know is OP as kitten! The population in WvW tells a lot about what class is OP and what class is weak.

It doesn't, it only tells you that something is SEEN as strong in WvW.

Objectively, we have much better ways of telling what is strong in PVE: Actual raid logs. And those show that a scourge is weak in PvE right now, scoring damage that is below other support builds.

Here's a tip for beating scourges in WvW: Step out of the shades.

> @Sir Vincent III.1286 said:

Indeed, unlike warriors, scourges are not allowed to have support and a lot of damage. Unlike firebrands, support and damage is simply out of the question.

> @Hitman.5829 said:

> WvW is infested with necros, when you see an infestation that big, you know something is wrong, something is making people choose necro over all other classes, people don't choose necro because it sucks in WvW, no, people choose necro because they know is OP as kitten! The population in WvW tells a lot about what class is OP and what class is weak.

WvW sucks. Play a real game mode.