Dagger/Dagger. Core or Tempest?

aaron.7850

I'm actually really enjoying d/d core atm - I feel it flow much better than tempest, other than that if it wasn't for core I'd be using d/d on weaver, though I usually use sword/focus or d/focus on weaver. I don't win all my fights, but I do have fun and I mostly hold out against most builds (immob condi ranger can be hell though). Been playing it extensively the last few days.

Edit: forgot to mention this is in wvw

>

> You lose damage by going tempest as well. It just gives you 2 reflects on very long cooldowns, but heavily limits your burst since you have to camp attunements to get the effect of tempest and your damage is limited with just 1 attunement. You also have better access to cleanses.

4 reflects with aura on overload and Rebound. Used to be 5 before they ruined the grandmaster trait. 1v1 against a projectile heavy class these reflects are very powerful. Deadeye gives you that warning that your marked, dodge roll and push the shout for a reflect and hit rebound for another reflect when that times out. When idle I always camp earth for the reflect on Rebound.

> @"MotherKitten.6795" said:

>

> >

> > You lose damage by going tempest as well. It just gives you 2 reflects on very long cooldowns, but heavily limits your burst since you have to camp attunements to get the effect of tempest and your damage is limited with just 1 attunement. You also have better access to cleanses.

>

> 4 reflects with aura on overload and Rebound. Used to be 5 before they ruined the grandmaster trait. 1v1 against a projectile heavy class these reflects are very powerful. Deadeye gives you that warning that your marked, dodge roll and push the shout for a reflect and hit rebound for another reflect when that times out. When idle I always camp earth for the reflect on Rebound.

Swirling winds last like 2 reflects, earth 4 is practically an aura (+ cleanse). Invuln also works as a counter. All that without wasting a full spec on traits and mechanics that effectively reduce your roaming potential.

Dueling 1v1 is based on matchup. For roaming, taking tempest is just hurting you more than helping you unless you make a full build around tempest, which power d/d isnt good with.