Crash immediately when I open my build

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This error is happening because a malfunction in the code with the Revenant class saved templates. What Anet should do, if they don't have the a fix yet, is to delete all the build templates in everyone's account or just revenant's related templates if it is possible. Some people might get mad because of this, but at least everyone can play and change their builds at will.

> @"Zyx.9413" said:

> This error is happening because a malfunction in the code with the Revenant class saved templates. What Anet should do, if they don't have the a fix yet, is to delete all the build templates in everyone's account or just revenant's related templates if it is possible. Some people might get mad because of this, but at least everyone can play and change their builds at will.

no, they should just revert the patch. the patch was nothing near big enough to prefer keeping it over game-breaking bugs. anyways as a dev i know that any commit is logged and revertible isolated from the rest even in the worst code base possible. the best solution would be to take any change related to builds, revert it and ship that as an update. since nothing has been in the change logs it must've been a fully internal change that broke the game. maybe a code refactoring. maybe preparation for future changes. maybe performance optimization. whatever it was it was neglectable enough to stay out of the patch notes so it has to be neglectable enough to get removed, right?

If you have a saved Revenant build template, then this bug crashes any character that accesses their hero panel. This should be considered a game breaking bug.

Yes, I can still play. No, I can’t WvW properly if I had a PvE load-out before this bug. I cannot check and see my traits to even assess what load-out I currently have so that I may play the right character in the right game mode. This is a very bad bug and I am eager for a fix.

> @"Legiaoday.6284" said:

> I played alacren in fractals just fine with my renegade (all legends worked), but if I'd tried to go to the build template window on any character of any class it would still crash the game.

> Unfortunately a lot of people need to change their traits on certain builds to play their class properly and this is currently not possible. I wonder how ANET will make up for it :^)

Make up for it? Simple, patch the patch. If your asking for more, hold your breath.

> @"Aaron.2769" said:

> yea my game crashes as well i have rev builds saved, tried repairing, reinstalling, and restarting my computer

Other players have said that uninstall/reinstall did not work so I have chosen not to waist my time there. I can at least play on a baby toon to develop that character as long as I don't have to go to build panel. Oh wait, I do when its time to start selecting a trait line.

Remember, it's not a bug, it's a feature. (yeah, that was a joke)

> @"Julius Seizure.4985" said:

>... if I had a PvE load-out before this bug. I cannot check and see my traits to even assess what load-out I currently have so that I may play the right character in the right game mode....

@"Julius Seizure.4985" , I know it's NO fix, but if you have gw2efficiency.com setup, you can view your Build and Equipment templates, including traits per toon in its Character interface. The build that the toon has loaded in game will show initially (and you can select the Build Tab drop down at the top of the screen to _see_ other builds and the traits if desired).

This may be of some use while things get sorted out.

![](https://imgur.com/3cMYPge.jpg "")

> @"Krypto.2069" said:

> > @"Julius Seizure.4985" said:

> >... if I had a PvE load-out before this bug. I cannot check and see my traits to even assess what load-out I currently have so that I may play the right character in the right game mode....

>

>

> @"Julius Seizure.4985" , I know it's NO fix, but if you have gw2efficiency.com setup, you can view your Build and Equipment templates, including traits per toon in its Character interface. The build that the toon has loaded will show initially, but you can select the Build Tab drop down at the top of the screen to see other builds and the traits.

>

> This may be of some use while things get sorted out.

>

> ![](https://imgur.com/3cMYPge.jpg "")

>

>

dont wanna sound like a debbie downer... but armor builds arent all the same. anet dont have a template for armors sooo yea, dunno how well thats going to work for most.. its not going to for me at least. =[

> @"Pheonix.4160" said:

> > @"Krypto.2069" said:

> > > @"Julius Seizure.4985" said:

> > >... if I had a PvE load-out before this bug. I cannot check and see my traits to even assess what load-out I currently have so that I may play the right character in the right game mode....

> >

> >

> > @"Julius Seizure.4985" , I know it's NO fix, but if you have gw2efficiency.com setup, you can view your Build and Equipment templates, including traits per toon in its Character interface. The build that the toon has loaded will show initially, but you can select the Build Tab drop down at the top of the screen to see other builds and the traits.

> >

> > This may be of some use while things get sorted out.

> >

> >

> >

>

> dont wanna sound like a debbie downer... but armor builds arent all the same. anet dont have a template for armors sooo yea, dunno how well thats going to work for most.. its not going to for me at least. =[

>

I may not be understanding you correctly, @"Pheonix.4160", but the Equipment link in GW2Effeciency does allow you to see what equipment you have on each toon including weapons, armor and trinkets. Again, I know it's not fixing anything, but it may allow some folks to see their traits and gear setup (especially if you have legendary gear) and give you an idea of which toon might be currently _best suitable_ for doing WvW right now, per se.

... just trying to help. :smile:

Hopefully, Anet will get a HOTFIX patch out in the next hour or so.

FYI

I submitted a ticket and it seems Anet is aware of this issue despite no comments and is working on a fix.

Anet response from GM Ignis:

> Hello,

>

> Thank you for contacting Guild Wars 2 support!

>

> I understand you're reaching out to us regarding an issue you've encountered with your game crashing after accessing the Build Template interface panel. I want to inform you our teams are aware of this issue and plan to have a fix implemented for this crash soon. You can keep an eye on our Game Release Notes category for any updates regarding this issue here: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/categories/game-release-notes

>

> Thank you for your patience while we work to resolve this issue. If you have any other questions or concerns regarding your account, please don't hesitate to get back in touch. We're always here to help.

>

> Regards,

>

> GM Ignis

> Guild Wars 2 Support Team

> http://help.guildwars2.com/