What Types of Armor Design Do You Want to See in the Future?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Panda.1967 said:

> Also... I want actual Female armors for Asura and Charr please... I'm sick and tired of every armor for Asura and Charr females being male armors.

Legitimate question: What would your conceptualization of feminine armor look like for Asura and Charr?

I ask because it's possible to get caught up in thinking of feminine designs as "dress" or "lace", which might work passably for an Asura, but it looks [horrible on a Charr](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Exemplar_Attire_Outfit_charr_female_front.jpg) if done haphazardly.

More revealing heavy armour for males, especially Norns.> @Rauderi.8706 said:

> > @Panda.1967 said:

> > Also... I want actual Female armors for Asura and Charr please... I'm sick and tired of every armor for Asura and Charr females being male armors.

>

> Legitimate question: What would your conceptualization of feminine armor look like for Asura and Charr?

>

> I ask because it's possible to get caught up in thinking of feminine designs as "dress" or "lace", which might work passably for an Asura, but it looks [horrible on a Charr](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Exemplar_Attire_Outfit_charr_female_front.jpg) if done haphazardly.

>

>

>

>

I.... I uh... I actually like that.

> @Issildia.1289 said:

> > @Irreverent.3594 said:

>

> > I find it outrageous that sylvari can wear human clothing. It shouldn't even be possible.

>

> >

> I know! My main is a Sylvari and after all these years her armor is still skinned from the cultural set. I feel like a Sylvari would never bother with human clothes since they can just grow whatever they want. I would love to see a T 4 set of cultural added to all races, Maybe more if Anet can swing it.

>

I'm kind of glad they can (At least the outfit mine is using right now) because my Sylvari isn't supposed to be a Sylvari.

> @Irreverent.3594 said:

> I'm kind of glad they can (At least the outfit mine is using right now) because my Sylvari isn't supposed to be a Sylvari.

Understandable. I guess what I mean to mean to say is that in my head cannon Sylvari 'typically' would grow their own clothes. But regardless I just want more leafy sets. I would prefer it if they were shareable across other races like the TA light set. Or perhaps some hybrid Sylvari human sets, sort of like the GW 1 druid set, but with much less skin showing.

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Ranger_Elite_Druid_armor

I personally just want more implementated versions from the old Guild Wars 1 Armors, including those from the Heroes in GW2 as well

I'd so love to have specially some of the Eye of the North Armors from GW1 back in GW2, like especiallly

I would love to see also that Naet should implement CLASS SPECIFIC ARMOR SETS, so armros which are by design only useable for specific classes, to unterline this way more the style of those classes and to make also classs, that use these visually more distinctive, compared to the current mash of styles which is shared among all classes.

Would also give ANet an option to add some new fashion achievements to that section.. why only cultural armor sets, when you can have also class specific armor sets like it used to be for GW1 as well.

For Warriors I'd love to see returning the Templar Set, Elite Platemail Set, Elite Templar Set (renamed to Paladin Set maybe), Elite Kurzick/Luxon Set (maybe with new names now), Silver Eagle Set, Deldrimor set, Koss Elite Sunspeer, Goren Primeaval, Jora Standard, Jora Brotherhood, Jora Deldrimor

For Rangers I'd love to see returning the Druid Set, Canthan/Elite Canthan Set,Elite Sun Spear Set, Primeaval Set, NORN Set!!, Obsidian Set, Jin Sun Spear, Margrid Standard, Margrid Ancient, Margrid Primeaval

GW1 offered in so many cases clearly superior armor designs over what GW2 offered so far in the lat 5 years... its as if completely different people responsible for armro designs work now for Anet, than those people which were resposible for the Armor Designs of GW1

Where's the option that says "**anything WITHOUT a butt-flap / butt-cape**"

That's all I want... Something where I can see my character's butt... silly thing to ask for, but the butt-flaps... who wears those? Why is every modern MMO going with them?

I like the Lakota, Apache, and Comanche as much as anyone else... but how did the way they got depicted in xenophobic-Hollywood movies of the 1950s become THE fashion trend of video games in the 2010's?

there's no option for this in the poll, but more sexy armor for guys!! come on its friggin 2017! open chest jackets, naked chest armor, leather straps, even some more leg showing! FFXIV does it right with armor being pratically unisex. i can't believe we've been asking for this since the game launched and what do we get? MORE trenchcoats and full body armor for males and skimpy dresses for females. stop it. we have enough of these already!

> @coso.9173 said:

> there's no option for this in the poll, but more sexy armor for guys!! come on its friggin 2017! open chest jackets, naked chest armor, leather straps, even some more leg showing! FFXIV does it right with armor being pratically unisex. i can't believe we've been asking for this since the game launched and what do we get? MORE trenchcoats and full body armor for males and skimpy dresses for females. stop it. we have enough of these already!

FF14 goes too unisex though sometimes. I avoid some of the new armor sometimes because I hate open chests on my character. I wish FF14 had the amount of trench coats this game has other then that one set I always have on now because the only other trench coat has a ugly open chest.

> @"Doctor Hide.6345" said:

> > @coso.9173 said:

> > ff XIV has lots of non skimpy armor too, lots of full body armor around.

>

> None of them are good trench coats though other then the one which is why I got into this game. I love the armor design and trench coats this game has which is why I don't want them to stop making them.

so you don't think medium armor for males has too many trenchcoats with them being prettymuch 95% of the available ones?

> @coso.9173 said:

> > @"Doctor Hide.6345" said:

> > > @coso.9173 said:

> > > ff XIV has lots of non skimpy armor too, lots of full body armor around.

> >

> > None of them are good trench coats though other then the one which is why I got into this game. I love the armor design and trench coats this game has which is why I don't want them to stop making them.

>

> so you don't think medium armor for males has too many trenchcoats with them being prettymuch 95% of the available ones?

Nope, I do not because it is more 70%, and a lot of them do not have good designs. Maybe a good 10 of them actually look decent to me.

Any armor for females that isn't skirts or bikinis. It's especially hard to find anything to wear as a norn. Shouldn't be running around wearing a skirt in snowstorm, yet there's not much else to choose from. :/

And sure, more skimpy armors for _males_ would be a good addition.

> @Zaltys.7649 said:

> Any armor for females that isn't skirts or bikinis. It's especially hard to find anything to wear as a norn. Shouldn't be running around wearing a skirt in snowstorm, yet there's not much else to choose from. :/

>

> And sure, more skimpy armors for _males_ would be a good addition.

Shouldn't be running around a desert wearing full plate armor but here we are... it goes both ways. I'd like more options for all tastes. I prefer the revealing stuff, but sometimes full coverage can be good if it's sleek and flows well and isn't some abomination of giant shoulders and spikes.

Also skimpy armor/clothing makes the most sense for Norn because of their physiology if you want to go the Lore route.

I certainly wouldn't mind more cultural armor or simple cultural outfits available for non-human races. I also would really like Class-only armorsets similar to the skins you get in character creation. For instance, a set of medium skins only useable by Thiefs.

Also bringing sets back from GW1 is always cool.

> @Vyrulisse.1246 said:

> > @Zaltys.7649 said:

> > Any armor for females that isn't skirts or bikinis. It's especially hard to find anything to wear as a norn. Shouldn't be running around wearing a skirt in snowstorm, yet there's not much else to choose from. :/

> >

> > And sure, more skimpy armors for _males_ would be a good addition.

>

> Shouldn't be running around a desert wearing full plate armor but here we are... it goes both ways. I'd like more options for all tastes. I prefer the revealing stuff, but sometimes full coverage can be good if it's sleek and flows well and isn't some abomination of giant shoulders and spikes.

>

> Also skimpy armor/clothing makes the most sense for Norn because of their physiology if you want to go the Lore route.

In a way now, I'm kind of glad I've never made a Norn... I couldn't deal with that.