What Types of Armor Design Do You Want to See in the Future?

What I really want to see is **less** of this "asia mmo style" generic stuff that is riddled with spikes and whatnot.

When I saw the legendary armors, I thought I switched to some korean mmorpg. I found the more subtle, western armor designs the game started with much more appealing and it was something unique compared to other games. Things like the phalanx armor for example.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly don't care. My armor on most characters is insanely eclectic but I like to think it looks nice as a whole. If they add a new armor, I might use it somewhere. Doesn't matter in the slightest what it is, I like the option. If not, whatever, I've still got trillions of armor combo options as is.

With the difficulties with creating new armor sets as we've heard in the past, I would like them to do more like they did with the lunatic armor for Halloween. Take some existing sets, make some small changes to the models/skins, and make them available through gameplay/crafting. Sure, fully original sets would be optimal, but this would avoid all of the make-sure-the-separate-pieces-have-minimal-clipping-with-other-pieces stuff as the base models have already gone through that.

> @Irreverent.3594 said:

> No more buttcapes, no more trench coats, no more feathers, no more flames, no more spikes.

> More strictly cultural.

> I find it outrageous that sylvari can wear human clothing. It shouldn't even be possible.

> Any such sylvari i see is an abomination.

>

> p.s. and no crotch capes from ESO too

I'm afraid to ask what those are.

> @Irreverent.3594 said:

> I find it outrageous that sylvari can wear human clothing. It shouldn't even be possible.

>

I know! My main is a Sylvari and after all these years her armor is still skinned from the cultural set. I feel like a Sylvari would never bother with human clothes since they can just grow whatever they want. I would love to see a T 4 set of cultural added to all races, Maybe more if Anet can swing it.

Thing I liked most about the PoF armors was that they felt reflective of the setting/acquisition method, and there was a nice mix of practical and ornamental options you could easily mix and match with your other stuff to add a little cultural flair.

Pof Offers

* Elonian - From Travelling through Elona, similar to natives.

* Sunspear - More ornate version of Elonian, harder to obtain because more ornate and less common in world.

* Bounty - Trophy design obtained from killing things and taking trophies

* Warbeast - Another trophy design, from killing different things

* Funerary - Ceremonial armor obtained by performing an ancient ceremony (well, the GW2 version of that, which means a collection)

Unlike HoT which offered

* Bladed armor - literally nothing to do with the setting

* Guild Armor - Tangentially related to the setting by being vaguely crystal related, but mostly core maps in style.

* Mistward Armor - Literally nothing to do with the setting, only ingame appearance was on Rytlock who got it outside the playable area.

* Leystone armor - Only one related to the setting.

> @PopeUrban.2578 said:

> Thing I liked most about the PoF armors was that they felt reflective of the setting/acquisition method, and there was a nice mix of practical and ornamental options you could easily mix and match with your other stuff to add a little cultural flair.

>

> Pof Offers

> * Elonian - From Travelling through Elona, similar to natives.

> * Sunspear - More ornate version of Elonian, harder to obtain because more ornate and less common in world.

> * Bounty - Trophy design obtained from killing things and taking trophies

> * Warbeast - Another trophy design, from killing different things

> * Funerary - Ceremonial armor obtained by performing an ancient ceremony (well, the GW2 version of that, which means a collection)

>

> Unlike HoT which offered

> * Bladed armor - literally nothing to do with the setting

> * Guild Armor - Tangentially related to the setting by being vaguely crystal related, but mostly core maps in style.

> * Mistward Armor - Literally nothing to do with the setting, only ingame appearance was on Rytlock who got it outside the playable area.

> * Leystone armor - Only one related to the setting.

You make a really good point. POF was a step in the right direction. It seemed more like the expansions from GW 1 that made armor culturally appropriate to the setting available to players.

More good armor choices for Medium and Light proffesions (not including those that basically feel naked).

Heavy Armors in GW2 already have received a ton of love, look at Cultural T3 Human, T3 Norn, Heavy Legendary, Nightmare Court heavy armor (TA dungeon)

These are all awesome looking heavy armors and imo... we need some better medium and light armors really. Especially for Male toons, cause all the female ones are boob-butt showfest.

We need something like the good old-school Elite Kurzick Assassin armor from GW1 (https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Assassin_Elite_Kurzick_armor_m.jpg)

or the other great looking Asura Armor (https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Necromancer_Asuran_armor_m.jpg)

and (https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Assassin_Asuran_armor_f.jpg)

And Mask of the Mo Zing of course! https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Mask_of_the_Mo_Zing