Scrapper feedback

Noah Salazar.5430

Hi i have idea for little change of 2 traits

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Applied_Force

My idea is:

Buff it from 3s->4s (in pvp/wvw it still can be 3s)

Add : Number of Target 5 (so your team get that boon as well)

interval 10s->8s

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Experimental_Turrets

interval 10s->8s to be similar to Quickness interval

i think this small change culd make scrapper more playable as sup role alternative to hfb or qfb

what you think about that change? is this will make scrapper broken in some situations/ or maybe it's perfect change to see this class as heal+boon dps+boon support more often?

i also think that this change is eazy to implement witchout any bigger budget or new mechanics

The turret change will do nothing

by 10s->8s i not mean to use them in pvp/wvw more often it's more pve change

while team 3s quickness evry 8s culd be nice addional think on dps bomber, or 6s evry 8s on sup healer making that class even more welcome

( short reminder, that in order to get that quckness you need keep 10 might on you, using only blast gyro 16s might will make trigger that boon 2 times,

than fb empover will make work to trigger it another time until your blast gyrro is rady) (in wvw)

in pve that 10s->8s loop on turrets allow you to keep addional buff that team lack with 80% up time insted of 50-60%

on fractals you culd keep up might up time by yourself only by fire turret + some blasts

> @"Noah Salazar.5430" said:

> by 10s->8s i not mean to use them in pvp/wvw more often it's more pve change

>

> while team 3s quickness evry 8s culd be nice addional think on dps bomber, or 6s on sup healer making that class even more welcome

>

> ( short reminder, that in order to get that quckness you need keep 10 might on you, using only blast gyro 16s might will make trigger that boon 2 times,

> than fb empover will make work to trigger it another time until your blast gyrro is rady)

>

> in pve that 10s->8s loop on turrets allow you to keep up more might (6stack from flame turret, and another 6stack from Supply Crate) in order to loop that quickness by yourself witchout any help

>

>

These changes would still not really help scrapper.

Semi-organised groups can already maintain permanent quickness easily since qfb is throwing it out like candy.

And the turret trait doesn't solve the inherent problem of turrets. They are still easily destructed in PvE, putting a stop to your pulsing boons. The dps of the turrets itself is terrible and not really worth mentioning, the only exception is the rifle turret, but it only is worth it because of the toolbelt skill, not the turret itself. If the toolbelt wouldn't be a short CD instacast damage skill, it wouldn't be taken either.

What turrets need is a complete rework to make them viable, not just a small adjustment in numbers of their boon duration....

These changes would still not really help scrapper.

it will as right now that class not Providing Quickness/Alacrity

Adding quickness at last will move it from trash tier to "Great/Viable" and it's ezier to implement than Alacrity as we have trait that can make that work witchout bigger change to traits/mechanics

Semi-organised groups can already maintain permanent quickness easily since qfb is throwing it out like candy

"i think this small change culd make scrapper more playable as sup role alternative to hfb or qfb"

And the turret trait doesn't solve the inherent problem of turrets. They are still easily destructed in PvE, putting a stop to your pulsing boons

agree with it, but making it 10s->8s right now is eazier to implement what is my intention

for turret rework ideas you have diferent topic also https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/104832/a-complete-turret-rework-is-long-overdue#latest

> @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> Isnt it the gyros that is what Scrappers mainly use for things?

Yeah, pretty much.

The only build that is floating around for scrapper is heal support, which uses the bulwark gyro for range protection and damage reduction for allies/barrier for the scrapper.

Even if scrapper absolutely is not designed as a support, since almost all it's traits are absolutely selfish and while hammer brings alot of personal defense, it also has no real supportive value.

The big problem with scrapper is that it is designed as a bruiser/tank in a game that has no use for that playstyle in 99,9% of the PvE content.

Other elite specs, like daredevil or spellbreaker, share that problem. They are also designed as bruisers, but since that role is just not needed in the game, they all migrate into other playstyles which are actually needed: support and dps.

Scrapper brings some minor support value by having function gyro and bulwark gyro, so it moved on to a support playstyle.

Daredevil and spellbreaker (and respectively thief and warrior as a whole) can't realistically support in a meaningful way, so they had to adapt to the dps role instead.

But in that role, they have to compete with their **actual** dps elite specs, deadeye and berserker.

Daredevil's saving grace is that deadeye utilises a ranged dps weapon, while the meta favors melee in PvE. With staff (that actually deals some good damage), it can still compete pretty well.

Spellbreaker on the other hand is outshined by berserker, hence why the spec is rarely used in PvE. For WvW, it can cling on since it has the most powerful boon removal in the game, tho.

Point is: scrapper's problem is that it is a bruiser/tank spec in a game that is not designed for such a class. If Anet would introduce stuff which favors **personal** defense (meaning that you can't get that defense from outside sources like a scourge spamming barriers on you, for example), then it might actually have a use.

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Applied_Force

> Buff it from 3s->4s (in pvp/wvw it still can be 3s)

> Add : Number of Target 5 (so your team get that boon as well)

> interval 10s->8s

Been there, done that. Toss Elixir U at 10th of July 2018. Was patched back in December 2018. During that insanely long time-period we were able to buff Quickness to our allies for 6 seconds with a cooldown 40 seconds untraited, 26 seconds traited. Which is weaker than your suggestion. But after those few months, they decided that no other class but FB and Chrono schould be able to buff Quickness to group. For the class-variety in groups.

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Experimental_Turrets

>

> interval 10s->8s

>

> i think this small change culd make scrapper more playable as sup role alternative to hfb or qfb

I currently use Experimental Turrets in one build at the moment, because I use the Supply Crate. In combination with Power Wrench and tons of evades, the Crate can be useful. With the trait even more. But as the others already pointed out, turrets are easily destroyed. Most of the turrets have not been reworked since launch. We had 4 full seasons of Living World, one half Season, plenty of Festivals and 2 Expansions which lead to a constant increase of the powercreep. The turrets are basically still the 2012 model. I only use the SC for a hard CC, small heal and a quick buff-up, calculating that the turrets are destroyed in a few seconds after launching it - IF I do not manage to pull the entire aggro.

Note: ONE turret saw a rework of its stats. In March 2013, the Net Turret received a boost of 25 % HP. That was before Flame and Frost - the prelude of the Scarlet War.

Your suggestions are not bad. We need a reliable group-buff that is somehow useful to our group-members. Quickness should be accessible to more classes. But the trinity made the entire variety-situation a lot worse. Instead of distributing abilities equally on the classes, they are not concentrated on a few. I doubt they will change this strategy in the future, but they should make a decision about our role in the game. If we really have to be a tank, they should stop ruining our sustain. If we are meant to be support, we need better buffs. Superspeed is a running gag, only useful to us and Elementalists (PvE). Or are we meant to be a DPS like the Holosmith?

Well for me this change is most importent :

Buff it from 3s->4s (in pvp/wvw it still can be 3s)

Add : Number of Target 5 (so your team get that boon as well)

interval 10s->8s

Ability to buff Quickness, so scraper can be playable as off-meta support more offten in couse you can't find Quckness buffers to your team

Turrets interval is optional, i added it only so it's similar to Quickness interval and for longer up time IF you decide use one or more turrets to support your group

Been there, done that. Toss Elixir U at 10th of July 2018. Was patched back in December 2018.

yep Elixir wasn't good idea for it

Quickness should be accessible to more classes. But the trinity made the entire variety-situation a lot worse. Instead of distributing abilities equally on the classes, they are not concentrated on a few. I doubt they will change this strategy in the future

adding Quickness in to trait that exist right now and have eazy way to implement as you only need add Number of Target 5, and short interval by 2s

i think it have big green light to go compare to some big rework ideas

if Quckness will be added, prob Scrapper Sup culd be played more offtean, and will join as off-meta/alternative as one of trinity

insted of be absolutly "no go" as other sup is needed with that boon

> Hi i have idea for little change of 2 traits

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Applied_Force

>

> My idea is:

>

> Buff it from 3s->4s (in pvp/wvw it still can be 3s)

> Add : Number of Target 5 (so your team get that boon as well)

> interval 10s->8s

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Experimental_Turrets

>

> interval 10s->8s to be similar to Quickness interval

>

>

> i think this small change culd make scrapper more playable as sup role alternative to hfb or qfb

>

> what you think about that change? is this will make scrapper broken in some situations/ or maybe it's perfect change to see this class as heal+boon dps+boon support more often?

>

> i also think that this change is eazy to implement witchout any bigger budget or new mechanics

>

>

Not trying to jump on the bandwagon or anything, but I don't think this would help Scrapper be a support. This would probably make the build I run, however, much more potent. It would push it into the broken range, having a passive 50% uptime of quickness.

As well, I feel Scrapper should not be a support. It should be a Tank/Duelist. I'm hoping this next espec for the Engineer focuses more on the supportive role using medicines. It would fit the theme very well too.

It would push it into the broken range, having a passive 50% uptime of quickness

you actualy can have self 100% quickness up time with +44% boon Elixir U with alchemy tree and weapon rune who give you 5s(7s with 44% boon) quickness evry 20s after cc enemy making quickness loop infinity

in groups it can be interesing if you gona have 2 scrapers in 1 team but other question culd be is it gona be worth xd

As well, I feel Scrapper should not be a support. It should be a Tank/Duelist.

Support Tank/Duealist*

but to be honest Scrapper is rly strong in 1vs1 or 1vs2-3 fights, i ended up solo pvp on 1450 rank, same in wvw my roam firethrower build with infinity quickness nuts to take solo objectives, same as killing lords solo

when in wvw/pvp you got room yet as condi-clease, or bomb dps, or flamethrower/granades roamer in pve you starting to have problem to find place, you can be scrapper dps losing 5-6k dps to holo but your gona can do some mechanics more safe, and die less offten,

problem is if you want to switch to sup your team will end up witchout alacricy or quickness as you taking 1 sup slot

i tried dps sup scrapper with 25 might, and 2 heals togheter with elixir gun and thumper turret for blasts with perm protection in fractals (t3-t4) and it did well even witchout any heal stats your dps was 1/2 of pt (16-18k) similar to alacrity rew, bs or qfb and you culd keep your team healty

it was in me+qfb+3dps comps

problem starting in t4 as if you not create pt by yourself, you can't come to any team as in other compositions hfb or druid buffing might, same you not providing alacrity or quickness to get a slot different than dps or full heal

if Scrapper will get 50% of team Quickness it will can synergy with hfb as he will can 50%, and you other 50% while you stay on dps spot and support with heal turret/medical gyro as well with Supply Crate ult from time to time when hfb have cd on them

Same you will can take hfb spot (with healing+boon gear)

or support spot, with 50% dps and rest is 22-25might,protection,vigor,stab, furry and small offheal togheter with Quickness this time

this small change on https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Applied_Force culd give big room for scrapper in pve maybe not as meta, but as aceptable alternative